Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

GameBoy Color turned up today (yes colour is the correct spelling but that's what it states on the device) and bloody hell, I forgot how dimly lit the screen is. I mean DIM!!!

SWIV and Robocod are tonight's entertainment, in the dark.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a purple one! It had a quiff too, where my little sister melted it on a lightbulb.

Kids these day, with their backlit screens.

Reminds me of the days of trying to hold a torch in one hand while fiddling with a Game Boy in the other under the bed sheets.

Damn does that sound wrong when you don't but it into a context :P.

However while I do wish I had a Game Boy, the eShop and other forms of emulation are cheap / free and work well enough for me.

'FireKnife'

I think it's the same reason why I like to play games on the old Amiga 500. It's not just the game, it's the experience of playing it on the Amiga, complete with loading times and waiting, waiting, waiting. Fffnnnnnnnnaaaarrrr duhd duhd duhd duhd ffffffnnnnnnnnnaaaaaarrrrr.

Now that's nerdy.

Haven't been well today but thankfully, I've only been sick once. Yes, that made me smile today.

I think it's the same reason why I like to play games on the old Amiga 500. It's not just the game, it's the experience of playing it on the Amiga, complete with loading times and waiting, waiting, waiting. Fffnnnnnnnnaaaarrrr duhd duhd duhd duhd ffffffnnnnnnnnnaaaaaarrrrr.

Now that's nerdy.

Haven't been well today but thankfully, I've only been sick once. Yes, that made me smile today.

Furthest back I go was playing a few classics on a Mega Drive version one with the old volume slider.

Though being that was a (for the time) modern cartridge design it loaded pretty fast, in fact I recall some games being almost instant on loading.

Makes a change to nowadays when you have to copy the game to the XBox 360 hard drive to get it to run without shaking the house down.

'FireKnife'

I have no kitchen. Ripped it all out back to bare brick walls and joists above.

Sounds like it should be in the 'other' thread, but it is joyous. The kitchen was from the early 70's, and *fruitcage* minging.

We now have a complete blank canvas, and it's now bigger as I discovered 2 walls I thought were load-bearing, weren't. Gained another 1200mm and now have less awkward plastering!

Had a hilarious moment this morning while driving into work.

Came to a junction that is well known for random moments and found that someone was sat trying to let a car go across them to the turning I was coming out from however they were sat too far forward.

I decided that while these two faff about giving hand signals to each other I would pull out and carry on. I was going left and as such would not be in either cars way.

Just as I leave and complete my turn onto the main road the car that had gone too far forward was suddenly accelerating up behind me. I could not go any faster due to the traffic in front doing a steady speed.

This lead to the usual tirade of hand gestures that only a deranged chimp would make. I tried so hard to contain my laughter given that I had done nothing wrong as to wait for these two to finish giving hand signals at the junction would have just held up the others behind me and now I was getting a hilarious display of rage that just made me realise that some people really should not be allowed to drive if they can't contain themselves.

I am still laughing now to be honest, it was just so stupid a thing to do on their part but as no-one is hurt and they did it in such a moronic way I just can't help it.

'FireKnife'

I'm Going Space, how does it feel with a full mag (gassed up)? I found the KWA to feel just a bit front heavy (I mean a tiny bit front heavy).

Feel better today. Nice walk in the rain made me feel better. I like rain (well, a shower, not a monsoon or anything).

I'm Going Space, how does it feel with a full mag (gassed up)? I found the KWA to feel just a bit front heavy (I mean a tiny bit front heavy).

Feel better today. Nice walk in the rain made me feel better. I like rain (well, a shower, not a monsoon or anything).

feels better balanced than the KWA in my opinion, even with the light upfront. dumped 3 mags out of it last night, didn't miss a beat. the grip texture is really good too,

Just found out that there is going to be updated/remade versions of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.  That just awakened so many memories.

I never quite got why so many people are happy about this? I found Ruby and Sapphire to be quite lacking (along with Diamond / Pearl).

Saying that I will gladly welcome more full 3D battles as they look awesome on X and Y.

Also now entering the 'one week until I move' phase. Also turns out that I will have an airsoft shop all of 5 miles from my work, yeah it is Airsoft World, which isn't great, but the fact they stock Abbey Ultra and ammo means I don't have to wait for postage or pay charges on it.

Found out I'm gonna be a dad again!

Congrats :D.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife, it is because Sapphire was one of the games, next to Advance Wars, that I spent the most time playing on my game boy advance.  There is a story I like to share with people in which during a trip to Florida as a child, I played through it at least 6 times (twice with each starter) over the course of the drive (I was also chilling on a blanket/air mattress combo in a van my folks borrowed from my grandfather, drinking Coca-Cola and eating Twizzlers all day).  Diamond never could compare to that game.

Plus, mudkip > all.

Congrats as well Thechom!

Huh, I got mine ages after from a shop down the road for all of a £5 :P.

However I think my brain has finally caught up with the fact that I am moving and very happy, however I am at work and can't express my joy, oh well. Will wait til later :P.

'FireKnife'

Archived