Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

As long as neither of you have some long term life goal that may get thrown off, you'll be fine.

My sis is going to get asked the "question" june 9th, probably married next april. She was supposed to stave off such plans for at least two years into medical school, but no, she will get married, probably lose sight of getting her doctorate, etc.

Considering she is wasting near 7 grand for a trip to Berundi (claims she needs to go with missionary family), she has proven very adept at making the folks upset, considering how much of the family financial strings have been thrown her way all these years.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as neither of you have some long term life goal that may get thrown off, you'll be fine.

My sis is going to get asked the "question" june 9th, probably married next april. She was supposed to stave off such plans for at least two years into medical school, but no, she will get married, probably lose sight of getting her doctorate, etc.

Considering she is wasting near 7 grand for a trip to Berundi (claims she needs to go with missionary family), she has proven very adept at making the folks upset, considering how much of the family financial strings have been thrown her way all these years.

Isn't this the be happy and good page / thread :P

But either way it is bad to see when people lose sight of something good, i know love is a good thing, but it is not always the best option.

'FireKnife'

I don't really have any such goals at the moment, apart from progressing my TA career (such as it is).

My fiancée is thinking about going back to try to study medicine again if her health will allow it - she was 6 months away from qualifying when she got sick a few years ago, and it's something that bugs us both that she didn't get to finish it - she'd be an amazing doctor. But since she hasn't started yet, it could probably wait another year or so if it has to - although the first couple of years would be pretty easy for her having done it before, so I think it will be okay.

"Looks around for FireKnife to misinterpret Kenworth's post"

Hedganian, I understand that similar feeling, Mother at one point studied to become a nurse/assisted living personnel, but never quite got to the level where there was any use for the credentials (she at one point had to stop to fight off one of the many cancers she's had). The hardest thing I understand is getting the experience before applying anywhere though.

Okay, happy thread back on track: I didn't break anything sliding down ravines yesterday.

LOL, yes, I practically handed that one over for liberal misinterpretation.

I look forward to the day where I ask someone to pass me my Thompson and they have to ask the same question.

Actually, thinking about it some more, that would be a silly question - if I ever did somehow afford two Thompsons, the answer would clearly have to be 'both' :D

Working in Aquatics for a long time ( Before Cadburys) taught me that people don't WANT to believe that goldfish are terrible pets. I got so sick of explaining to people how much messier Goldfish are than Tropical fish, people thought I was trying to upsell, when really I was trying to save them some hassle.

EDIT: If you want some fish that are easy to care for, get some White Cloud Mountain Minnows. Honestly, theyre interesting to look at, don't mind slightly cooler water, and as long as you get a nice shoal of 10, in your 60l tank, they'll be happy as larry. Chuck in some Elodea Densa for decoration, and things will go swimmingly.

If you have any questions or want to talk more Hedg, just PM me.

This.

Completely honest, real, useful advice for no fee, to make the best of an otherwise awkward situation. Perhaps a glimmer of faith in humanity is restored.

Just got back from playing at the mall.

Very happy with the change of pace from woodland.

Even happier that a ladies football team wearing skimpy shorts was in the Starbucks at Newport pagnell services while we had a pitstop. :) A veritable parade of hotties.

I went to the Sandpit yesterday. As well as many other things making me smile, the 2 main ones were;

At the end of the day, my jaw was mildly numb from getting battered by my WOC due to it performing like some sort of utter mentalstick.

Around 11ish, I decided to hide in a 2m diameter, 3m long concrete section of pipe... With a Noveske amp on my WOC. 4 people walk right past; I shoot them all, make them all utterly *suitcase* themselves with the noise, and then stagger out of the pipe unable to hear much. Awesome.

Fresh Tarmac is alright if they have done the whole road.

When they just patch it or do a line of it, the seams kick your bike wheels out from under you making it an interesting ride. :/

It was a fair amount, Two and half miles or so that I used at least. Theres a road near me that is like driving across 1000m of rumble strips. It's like something from a car testing course.

Spent a bit of time messing with my chest rig today, rotated my mag pouches through 90° so that they draw horizontally to the left now (much easier when kneeling) and made myself a back holster for the GL-06.

Top fun.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/14300-chest-rig-front/

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/14301-chest-rig-back/

That is something I would expect a local player to do actually.

Watching one of those "Let's Play" videos for one of my all time favorite games, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The group is mostly new players, so lots of lulz mistakes. I want to go fire up the game, but it's almost as much fun watching four people struggle and laugh then it is to play the game by myself.

Damn you Square/Nintendo, why couldn't you have ported the game to the wii and added online party function!

Archived