Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Filed down all my MAG 552 mags to fit my G&G. For some reason putting in a bit of effort to get a gun up and running makes me happier than just rocking it straight away.

Darkchild

So right.

My MP5K is about to live again, after literally being a bag of bits for about 3 years now :) LIVE I TELL YOU!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My (missing) parts arrived from Canada. Yay.

I have the mis-fortune of getting an aeg/gbb just how I like it, then I sell it on as the joy has gone. I need to leave my next project, in a slightly incomplete (otherwise it will end up getting sold) way.

Tmmr ohsiboom or the dynatec thing ie? Also I may actually have 3 project guns done this year at the rate I am moving at....

On a side note does anyone know anyone who can a. Rebuild a we pistol from zip lock baggie of bits stage? After it was dismantled engraved and refinished? And similarly my moscarts launcher did something weird the firing plunger and spring are now out of position and sitting in my grenade pouch so um yeah.... help

Tmmr ohsiboom or the dynatec thing ie? Also I may actually have 3 project guns done this year at the rate I am moving at....

On a side note does anyone know anyone who can a. Rebuild a we pistol from zip lock baggie of bits stage? After it was dismantled engraved and refinished? And similarly my moscarts launcher did something weird the firing plunger and spring are now out of position and sitting in my grenade pouch so um yeah.... help

Bag of gun eh?

I can sort that...

Damn it, stop all this talk of projects and buying.

I already have at least one gun purchase lined up for when I am registered (getting easier now than cocking about with shops not accepting anything but UKARA) and possibly a project too.

Either way that is still a month away but the wait is fun as then it gives me a chance to play with what I have.

'FireKnife'

Am caught up in that horrible conundrum . Having been off softing since my double hernia op I have actualy managed to get all of my gun collection working / tweaked. Not good , as I now have nothing left to do to them all .

And a mad part of me wNts to sell up and start all over again.

Glutton for punishment or what ???

I can't sell up and start again. Took too long finding the tiniest little parts at decent enough prices to put in my guns.

Though saying that I am a touch tempted to find a video on how to disassemble a TM MP5K and stick a tightbore in there. Doesn't help that I can get a cheap enough 6.02-3mm tightbore :P.

'FireKnife'

Bought myself and girlfriend a small house. Needs lots of work and... lots of research ;). Also, got myself a second Lego expert kit train and clawgear.. um. gear. Last month I can spend anything before I need to pay off the house. Oh and excitef about lego arctic kits, finially a lego kit that got my attention that is not an lego expert or creator kit!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Taiwanese postal service apparently employs people with OCD. I got an update from Ebay that a thing I bought has been shipped. Chunghwa Post tracker gave me the info that my parcel has been processed and will be put on a plane tomorrow, with flight number and all. Beats USPS' "we kicked it out of Chicago and whatcha gonna do", to say nothing about HK Post and, worse yet, China Post.

I can't sell up and start again. Took too long finding the tiniest little parts at decent enough prices to put in my guns.

Though saying that I am a touch tempted to find a video on how to disassemble a TM MP5K and stick a tightbore in there. Doesn't help that I can get a cheap enough 6.02-3mm tightbore :P.

'FireKnife'

Pah, easy enough - remove front grip and sling plate. remove motor base plate. remove motor. get long screw driver and unscrew lower receiver. remove mag catch. pull lower receiver off (fnar). remove gearbox from upper receiver. remove hop unit.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

Pah, easy enough - remove front grip and sling plate. remove motor base plate. remove motor. get long screw driver and unscrew lower receiver. remove mag catch. pull lower receiver off (fnar). remove gearbox from upper receiver. remove hop unit.

Throw all parts in bin. Never use an MP5K again.  Be a better human.

Fixed.

The MP5K is a terrible, terrible weapon system.

It is so old school, the mags are awkward, the ergonomics are sub-par, it is actually bloody massive, it just looks small.

It is difficult to aim because there is no stock, the ones with a stock have even worse ergonomics because the stock is an afterthought.  The stock makes it even more bloody massive.

The battery situation (while improved significantly by modern batteries) is awful.

The selectors are wooly and vague.

They are creaky and horrible, the barrel is an inch long and the hop is gash.

In real steel format they are just as bad.  No bolt catch, stupid 9mm bullets plus all the above problems.

OK, when they came out they were OK but they are only popular because they were all over Hollywood and the SAS used them.

The SAS only used them because it was that or some WWII POS.

There are a lot better out there, if you are going to sully your "pistols only" philosophy then at least do it for a decent weapon.

I have a MP5K-PDW :P.

However I find that it is a decent enough choice for what it is, but each to their own.

However saying that I am very sorely tempted by the G&G AKS-74U or their GKMS-Carbine thing, I just hope they fire under 325fps average due to possible "moron alert" up here in Scotland (stupid politicians).

'FireKnife'

One more day until I find out how much I actually will be bringing home on Friday and how much I can blow on frivolous things.

As it stands the Mk18 203 and a TAG cartridge as a friend bought one set of each TAG round and will sell me a couple. :D

Just spent two hours in a meeting at work.

All I learned from it is that 95% of the ATMs we support are still on Windows XP, my job is safe and we have an employee in management called Sven De Kock.

That and I got to read some Dilbert cartoons.

'FireKnife'

I recall all the wonderful things you could mix in with those 18p noodles and sauce from Lidl / Aldi.

The best had to be get a chicken one and a curry one then mix the whole shebang together. It tasted awesome for all of 36p but lead to a lot of "bathroom time".

There are a lot better out there, if you are going to sully your "pistols only" philosophy then at least do it for a decent weapon.

An AEP M93R perhaps then? Still a pistol :P. But no for me it need to be light and compact yet still run on common enough parts (puts out most of the Marui smaller AEGs).

That really leaves me with the MP5K and possibly a very short custom built AK (wish I had never sold my old one) so MP5K it is as then I can get the little 65rd mid-caps and still get into a good prone position.

'FireKnife'

Archived