Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

That's a neat rig stunt! Props to you for playing with an MP9...but what does the last mag pouch say?! Also like the bungee sling.

Playing with a 40 mm as a backup is just cool...but do you only have 1 shell?

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I have a Detonics with 5 mags, 2 dynatex grenades, a dump pouch and 40mm ammo on a battle belt that isn't pictured.

The last pouch says "Time for Mr Stabby "

He's my Cold Steel training tanto.

The GL-06 is new but I have always loved being able to bring a little 40mm to the party, I had a sun project M203 back in the 90s and that always surprised someone.

Finally got the accepted notice from MSU. Now the folks can stop nagging me about that and now nag about classes, cost, schedule, etc.

Dang it all, leave me be. I already accepted my failness long ago, just let me live with it.

Back to work after a holiday and i still have a job, so that can't be bad :P

Other than that not much going on. Oh well i suppose house to myself for a week and the fact that i have £2,350 til my next paycheck in a week on Friday (£1,650 inbound) is a good thing. Though i do have flat hunting to do.

'FireKnife'

Finally got the big sum of money the missus and I have been waiting for for almost a month now!

The wife won a raffle and now has her own airsoft gun again at the event on Saturday, which means what ever team she's on I'm opposite! Much needed couples therapy inbound!

Work is promotion by default, last man standing for kitchen manager reporting for duty. Mixed blessing there.

Decided on a 1911 gbb of some sort for the side arm this year.

Cable TV, Hi Speed internet, and new games for the xbox this week.

June is turning into the best month yet this year! I better not say it that loudly!

• 3 weeks later...

Today was a happy day, I had my first visit to sign on at the jobcentre (which made me smile due to an actually decent personal advisor who recommended jobs for me to avoid) and then came home to find I've been given a start date for a job I interviewed for three weeks ago. First job, for a big company and no more visits to the jobcentre.

And my Airframe and Source hydration bladder shipped. Win.

Picked up an A&K M60 on friday, then proceeded to put it to good use at teh fireball weekender. Shame about the weather, but the gameplay appeared to be quite good. I had no incidents with people not taking hits, the only issues appeared to be slight misunderstandings with language (there were a fair few french players there) and issues with being shot while already hit (but really, if you're under a tree in a small bush with yet more tree above you, how exactly are you supposed to stand up?)

GET SOME!

Oh, got told i've been shortlisted for a job i applied for about 2 months ago this morning, as well. huzzah!

Meeting a girl, who is a damn sight more attractive than she was described to me, then finding she has very well off parents, a five bedroom house to herself for six months and she is interested :P

Oh and she wants to try out my airsoft stuff, i think that is a winning moment right there, going to see her and let her have a play with my Detonics this evening. ;)

'FireKnife'

Classic FireKnife, always posting something to light up a dreary day.

When do i not? Wait until you see my behaviour on a skirmish field, then you will forget all about the posers, the geardos and the *suitcase* marshals :P

'FireKnife'

Swapping my ISP over to BT and getting 5mb/s download rather than the 1.5-2mb/s I was getting with AOL/TalkTalk. Plus it doesn't kick me off randomly.

Also spending 3 hours cleaning my car and getting a mirror shine on the paint work.

Spent 2 hours today working on the plumbing on the pool heater.

Pipes had split when they froze, and some o rings needed replacing. Also, a gasket on the flow manifold needed re-seating and greasing.

Had to improvise with vaseline though, someone had half-inched my silicone grease.

Plus side, it was enjoyable enough to do and its done and heating.

Bit of sunlight for the weekend would be nice.

Swapping my ISP over to BT and getting 5mb/s download rather than the 1.5-2mb/s I was getting with AOL/TalkTalk. Plus it doesn't kick me off randomly.

Also spending 3 hours cleaning my car and getting a mirror shine on the paint work.

Wait, people are still using AOL? :huh:

Wait, people are still using AOL? :huh:

They were taken over by talk talk a few years back and the service improved but lately it went worse than ever. Basically it was what fireknife said, stick with what you have. Where I live most people peak at 3mb/s so I never saw much point in changing.

Wasn't TalkTalk that whole 'free' internet thing that took off like the Hindenburg, went well for a bit then crashed spectacularly?

But out of all the ISP's i have looked at it still seems to be a straight up fight between BT and Virgin, Sky just can't cut it unless you live in a big city.

'FireKnife'

We have sky and even their hardware is naff. Keeps cutting off the devices in the network.

Sometimes I think that carrier pigeon would be quicker than email with them. And sending a CV by pigeon would also be one that get remembered.

Now there's an idea...

Things making me happy?

My house sale is going well. My new house purchase is going well. I can't wait to get my teeth into it, and renovate the *suitcase* out of it!

Also, I asked my girlfriend to marry me tonight. She said yes, and I'm over the moon!

Archived