Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article, she was being watched by the police as she scrutinised the police themselves. Sounds fair to me, especially if she is tweeting operational info...

As for your first line, what happened?

That article, she was being watched by the police as she scrutinised the police themselves. Sounds fair to me, especially if she is tweeting operational info...

As for your first line, what happened?

Err - she was scrutinizing the police in an official capacity in the GLA! Tweeting "operational info" means F.A - perfectly reasonable to record what police are doing as they are criminally incompetent and will do their best to cover up wrong doing, so it seems a good idea to me! Like when they said they didn't use horses to charge at anti-cuts protesters. Luckily my mate had them on film doing just that and sent it to c4 news and the Guardian - somewhat red faces  :D

---

The police arrived and explained that they were here to confiscate *list of guns* because my brother had assaulted a police officer. My mum went mental and my brother explained to the officers that to the best of his knowledge, he had never assaulted a police officer. A phone call back to hq (presumably) was held and they apologised and drove off. Turns out a guy with the same name had  - they just got the wrong one. This is the problem with massive databases - you can have nothing to hide but you should be in fear of the wrong keystoke. Especially when the NSA refers to Muslim suspects as "Mohammed Raghead"

If I was an organisation being watched over, I would want to 'watch the watcher' too...

As for the tweet, yep, perfectly reasonable to record cops, no problem there. But, if she was releasing tactics, inside knowledge etc that isn't in the public domain, then that is wrong.

And as for mistaken identity, everyone makes mistakes. No idea why they were wanting to confiscate your stuff though for something your brother had done (I know he hadn't). That sounds wrong. Did they come for them specifically then, or to pick your brother up too?

If I was an organisation being watched over, I would want to 'watch the watcher' too...

As for the tweet, yep, perfectly reasonable to record cops, no problem there. But, if she was releasing tactics, inside knowledge etc that isn't in the public domain, then that is wrong.

And as for mistaken identity, everyone makes mistakes. No idea why they were wanting to confiscate your stuff though for something your brother had done (I know he hadn't). That sounds wrong. Did they come for them specifically then, or to pick your brother up too?

With regards the first point the idea of the police surveilling a woman - as if she was a criminal - just because sat on the scrutiny panel is awful - it subverts the democratic process. 

As for the second there is nothing to suggest that she  disclosed any tactics. Police protest tactics are as follows: find peaceful assembly, kettle them, aggravate crowds, turn it into a riot, make arrests...

People do make mistakes which is precisely my point. They came specifically for the guns - as far as I recall the other guy had already been booked.

The point of surveillance is to determine what she was doing. Keeping an eye on her is normal to me. Again, if you were being observed/scrutinised, you would want to watch them too surely? I would.

Second, the article stated they recorded a tweet she sent regarding possible police tactics. Also, kettling isn't on the training schedule...

Finally, I can't work out why they came for the guns. All legal, and not the offenders? Very wrong.

The point of surveillance is to determine what she was doing. Keeping an eye on her is normal to me. Again, if you were being observed/scrutinised, you would want to watch them too surely? I would.

Second, the article stated they recorded a tweet she sent regarding possible police tactics. Also, kettling isn't on the training schedule...

Finally, I can't work out why they came for the guns. All legal, and not the offenders? Very wrong.

If you think that is normal then well, you'd fit in with the police! Personally I think its worrying but eh can't agree with everyone  :D

I don't think "paki bashing" is on the training schedule but maybe it should be...!

I'm inclined to think they had already run the guy through, probably put the name through a db and it flagged the name as a fac holder. But I dunno.

Seriously, you've had that?

Those cops are arses.

Not to me personally.  But to people I know. It makes no sense as obviously nothing illegal.  Just a bit of a power trip trying to intimidate.

Not to me personally.  But to people I know. It makes no sense as obviously nothing illegal.  Just a bit of a power trip trying to intimidate.

"were you bullied at school? Did a girl you like go out with a black chap?"

"yes, and yes"

"WELCOME ABOARD" 

;)

This is still the happy thread right?

Well, here goes. Nothing major has happened but I feel great. Emailed a shop asking why my punisher comics hadn't been posted yet (bought on the 9/7/2014), and within an hour they had posted them off. No apology mind, but nice the posted them off (finally).

Unfortunately, you get *rickrolls* in all walks of life :(

I suddenly have an urge to buy an MP44 and convert a load of highcaps to mids.

But then I'd have to buy some WWII German camo.

But then I'd have to buy some WWII German gear.

But then I'd have to buy all of these things from overseas and that will be super expensive and unplayably hot and sweaty in Hong Kong.

SO WHY DO I WANT TO DO IT SO BAD GODDAMNIT

Righto.

Genuine question now, why do you need to share stuff anonymously?

Why wouldn't I? Honestly, it's just because sharing stuff via wifi is easier than finding a spare USB stick and copying that over, etc etc. The anonymity side is just a handy bonus.

EDIT:

Happy thread.

Wifi dongle and powered USB hub have been shipped! Yay! MP5K Uses a standard MP5 motor base plate! Yay!

I suddenly have an urge to buy an MP44 and convert a load of highcaps to mids.

But then I'd have to buy some WWII German camo.

But then I'd have to buy some WWII German gear.

But then I'd have to buy all of these things from overseas and that will be super expensive and unplayably hot and sweaty in Hong Kong.

SO WHY DO I WANT TO DO IT SO BAD GODDAMNIT

Actually, there's a company in mainland China dealing in WW2 repros. Look for "youchunhe2008" on Ebay or AliExpress. However, you're spot on regarding the "super expensive" part... But I've seen another company from Singapore that has this sort of stuff noticeably cheaper.

Darklite, I keep seeing the Russian take on Sumpftarn/Tan and Water camo, and I keep telling myself I need a set for those "tan" team moments, and because it would be humorous to sing songs and mutter in German as I rock a Kalash.

sing songs and mutter in German as I rock a Kalash.

Literally? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutter_%28song%29 :P

Though odd one for me I actually have a date this evening with someone that shares similar interests to me. Yay!

Now to just make sure I don't cock it up, wait this is me, I never cock up dates :D.

'FireKnife'

Though odd one for me I actually have a date this evening with someone that shares similar interests to me. Yay!

You found a girl that likes sleeping around and bragging about it on airsoft websites? Go you! :P

No, you just put your cock up...

Wait. Ew.

.................(removed for being way too honest). Though that was last night, this night is a date (and no last night was a different person).

You found a girl that likes sleeping around and bragging about it on airsoft websites? Go you! :P

Living the mother *fruitcage*-ing dream :D.

I was going to say a girl who likes lego, guns, war hammer and Miami Vice. . . .

Having salad for tea (with meat of course), this makes me smile. Hhmmm, leaves and onions.

Well she likes all the things that I like that are actually not on that list (though not sure on Lego yet and I have given up on the money drain that is Games Workshop <_<).

Either way not long to go and work is going smooth so today, today is a good damn day.

'FireKnife'

That's what my food eats.

Mind you, I'd probably be better off having a salad now and again. ;)

Well she likes all the things that I like that are actually not on that list (though not sure on Lego yet and I have given up on the money drain that is Games Workshop  <_<).

Play battletech. 

You can get a decent game going with as little as 2 or 3 models each.

Archived