Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Well, I've had burger for dinner you see. Thought I'd try and be good for tea, which is making me feel better (eating a bit more healthily has made a difference). You can't beat a bit if minted lamb burger though, as I could quite easily have that every night and not get bored.

FK, do you not like spending time on your own (you remind me of a mate who use to fall in and out of love at a drop of a hat. He hated being by himself)? Not saying you're one of those serial monogamists (the noun that means you drop in and out of relationships, and never seem to like being single), but it does come across like that sometimes in your posts.

But don't worry, I am a cock and that does come across quite well in my posts.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've had burger for dinner you see. Thought I'd try and be good for tea, which is making me feel better (eating a bit more healthily has made a difference). You can't beat a bit if minted lamb burger though, as I could quite easily have that every night and not get bored.

I do like a nice minted lamb burger. Also, Curried lamb burger, with a mint yoghurt sauce served in a naan bread instead of a bun. 

Wild boar and chorizo burger is amazing too.

I really want burger now.

Play battletech. 

You can get a decent game going with as little as 2 or 3 models each.

I invented my own, rather easy to play and popular among friends system that costs sod all to play :P. However it is annoying that GW pretty much have the market for most similar systems.

FK, do you not like spending time on your own (you remind me of a mate who use to fall in and out of love at a drop of a hat. He hated being by himself)? Not saying you're one of those serial monogamists (the noun that means you drop in and out of relationships, and never seem to like being single), but it does come across like that sometimes in your posts.

But don't worry, I am a cock and that does come across quite well in my posts.

I do, but after a certain point it gets boring. Also I do have some mild psychological issues that I have to deal with that mean I can go from being down about being single to having full sex with a girl and wanting to kick them out five minutes later even though a few days later I will heaily regret it. I am not exactly proud of what I am but I make the best of it by laughing about it. It all sounds so tragic but hey it is actually the least of my worries :P. Plus you don't come across that bad, more just like you are always trying to take everyone's side but then every single person has that thing they do on the internet, sometimes without knowing it. I know I am a *tortilla chip* sometimes but I know I am doing it and try to make the most out of making it 'funny' as it were.

But hey this is the happy thread, leaving for my date soon and now realising that for once I don't have to make up stuff to speak about as I actually share interests with this person. Winning.

Also wild boar and chorizo is amazing. Why do so many people just stop at beef? Even a horse burger can be quite tasty. Plus considering that this girl wants to go to 'a place that does steak' I am sure something big, hot and meaty is....................... wait a minute.

Edit: Hey I found out what *tortilla chip* changes to.

'FireKnife'

I have just been reminded of the Strike One pistol. Looks good for some reason.

Plus that Soviet laser pistol actually makes sense. At least more so than the stupid 'rifles in space!!!!!' from the last CoD.

'FireKnife'

Some days I am utterly convinced that I am the antithesis of FireKnife, I just do not know how much.

Ah, obscure East Bloc weaponry is always more interesting than what most of the world comes up with.  I like to think about how many more crazy weapon designs would have happened had certain circumstances remained the same.

BTW Darklite, I would think one of the ZB vz. 26 would be interesting, just so you could make like 12 conflict period loadouts with it.  I keep staring at one thinking "It is almost a Bren, and dat completely cumbersome magazine placement would make the HSLD people scream in agony."

EDIT:  Hold on a minute, no one has even a video on one of these yet?  Even Evike does not, and viewing their youtube page just made me sick a little.

Kangaroo burger is quite nice too, just needs a little hint of honey mustard. Hhmmmmm flesh.

Oh, *fruitcage*ed off the salad (they had no jalapeños. I mean come on) bought 20 chicken Mcnuggets instead. Lots of different sauces (this sentence you have to say in Christopher Lamberts voice).

FK, if on your date you need to fart, do it. If she's a keeper she'll understand that we all do it from time to time. But if she's just after a chat and a meal, she'll moan her *albatross* off.

Also, I need to start using smiley faces. I know am awesome. Why try harder.

Edit:- just had a terrible thought. FK can't reply right now, because he's making sure he doesn't go out with a loaded gun. Ooeeerrrr missus.

Lots of different sauces (this sentence you have to say in Christopher Lamberts voice).

Highlander is such a good film.

My boss hasn't seen it, I gave him my spare copy but his girlfriend doesnt want to see it and he's too whipped to put it on anyway.

Whhhhhaaaaattttt? I honestly don't get that kind of thing. Of course, he could be lying and doesn't want to come across as being a bit pants at which movies he likes to watch. But, I doubt it.

I'd make him watch 5 minutes every day, till he gives in. Which he will.

Because Marlowe has already subjected me to enough awful movies by making me watch Dragon Ball Z (yes, the live action one).

Happy thread:

Found my old T-Mobile G1, the very first Android phone. 

It still boots. The trackpad still works, the hardware keyboard is still LIGHTYEARS ahead of the software keyboards and the SD card slot works so maybe I can use this for my music while i'm out running. 

No school like the Old school.

Highlander is not an awful movie.

The Demolitionist is an awful movie.

But Demolition Man is a good movie ;).

I've never seen highlander. But, I can tell you, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Not until you have seen a 'Sch'cotsman play an Egyptian Spaniard have you truly seen the epic that is Highlander. Also try singing the lines 'Neville's toads called Trevor' over 'I Want to Live Forever' :P.

Why is that stupid?

Because they are firing bullets and that just brings up too many 'would they not stop due to a lack of gravity, or would they spiral off due to rifling with a lack of gravity'. Plus everyone knows the best space FPS gun is the Moonraker Laser: http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/Moonraker_Laser

Some days I am utterly convinced that I am the antithesis of FireKnife, I just do not know how much.

Either I need to teach you or I am just not sure either :P.

FK, if on your date you need to fart, do it. If she's a keeper she'll understand that we all do it from time to time. But if she's just after a chat and a meal, she'll moan her *albatross* off.

Also, I need to start using smiley faces. I know am awesome. Why try harder.

Edit:- just had a terrible thought. FK can't reply right now, because he's making sure he doesn't go out with a loaded gun. Ooeeerrrr missus.

Well in the words of Arnie in the Expendables 2 'I'm Back'. And it was the weirdest date I have ever been on. Seriously this girl and I are like 90% alike. That has never happened to me and it is in all the little things that we are the same. I seriously think this might go well if I actually stick at it, that and she isn't some plastic tart but actually just looks good as she is, without faking it.

As for the loaded gun, I like a challenge. Plus if it doesn't go well then a bit of, erm, I can't really finish that without being banned for another few days.

'FireKnife'

I'm not ashamed to say that Highlander is in my top ten favourite movies of all time. That's how good it is (so is 'Educating Rita').

Number one is 'The Thing', all the rest are just in their for different reasons and in no specific order (Ghostbusters, Fiddler on the Roof, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Dredd, Alien, Blade Runner and A Bridge Too Far).

Most of those movies are in there due to my childhood and me being a huge SCI-FI geek. Some movies I really like but as an adult don't hold the same charm as they once did (were as others still do, like Raiders).

My top ten features some odd combinations like Silence of The Lambs next to The Room, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade along side Se7en.

Saying that I don't exactly know what my full top ten is, I think I might have to sit down and work it out one day.

'FireKnife'

Because they are firing bullets and that just brings up too many 'would they not stop due to a lack of gravity, or would they spiral off due to rifling with a lack of gravity'. Plus everyone knows the best space FPS gun is the Moonraker Laser: http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/Moonraker_Laser

'FireKnife'

No. That's not how gravity works. Bullets in space would actually travel further, faster, and at a flatter trajectory than on earth. The main thing you'd need to worry about is the recoil, and Newtons Third Law.

Something going away from you towards something else would also push you further away from that thing. (Like that scene in WALLE with the fire extinguisher). Recoil would send you flying all over the place, so space is actually one place where those old Gyrojet pistols would be king.

No. That's not how gravity works. Bullets in space would actually travel further, faster, and at a flatter trajectory than on earth. The main thing you'd need to worry about is the recoil, and Newtons Third Law.

Something going away from you towards something else would also push you further away from that thing. (Like that scene in WALLE with the fire extinguisher). Recoil would send you flying all over the place, so space is actually one place where those old Gyrojet pistols would be king.

Well. Depending on where you are, I would argue that heat dissipation is the main problem.

In a vacuum, heat doesn't dissipate nearly as well as it does in atmosphere. The gun's barrel/internal workings would heat up and have no way to cool down, unless they were water-cooled.

I'm drifting 30 miles off Saudi on an oil tanker. I have been here for 3 weeks, practically unpaid, no idea when we will move off. I live in a tiny one man cabin, my only human contact is at meal times where my team moan about not being paid to be here. My diet consists of plain rice, plain omelettes, boiled veg, bran flakes, chicken and the occasional piece of toast. I drink water and black coffee.

My day is broken up by going to the gym, which is not ventilated, sits at a cool 42 degrees C on average, where I will do about an hour of weights, then run for an hour on a treadmill on an incline (not by choice, they put it on a deck that is built on an incline). I call this my "sauna death race hour" after which I stagger off, dripping with sweat, barely able to stand.

Shower, change, depressing meal in depressing company, I retire to my depressing cabin and open up Facebook. My wife has sent me a picture of her and the cat, both with their tongues sticking out, and it all goes away for a moment.

That makes me smile.

Eh I didn't do physics, but still the concept of taking an ordinary firearm into space and expecting it to work in the same fashion just seems too daft to me.

'FireKnife'

http://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html

The platypus seems daft to me, but it exists.

As Tink said, Ballistically, they'd work better in space. No air to slow the bullet down, less gravity to compensate for.

If space combat was to become a regular thing, then bullets would change form into whatever was the best for the terminal effect required, regardless of its ballistic coefficient in an atmosphere. No air means you don't necessarily need a slippery aerodynamic bullet to get there accurately.

I personally think that tungsten carbide flechettes or the like would be the big thing as they'd be as accurate as a bullet without the atmospheric constraints they suffer from on earth, they'd be pretty high velocity, and would poke holes in pretty much anything they hit. In space, raw stopping power is meaningless when all you need to do is puncture a hull or EVA suit to score a kill.

Archived