Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, you learn something every day.

Doesn't excuse CoD Ghosts from being a tirade of wasted money though :P.

Also happy thread so erm yeah. My sunburn is going leaving me with a nice tan in time for the weekend, woo-hoo.

'FireKnife'

http://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html

The platypus seems daft to me, but it exists.

As Tink said, Ballistically, they'd work better in space. No air to slow the bullet down, less gravity to compensate for.

If space combat was to become a regular thing, then bullets would change form into whatever was the best for the terminal effect required, regardless of its ballistic coefficient in an atmosphere. No air means you don't necessarily need a slippery aerodynamic bullet to get there accurately.

I personally think that tungsten carbide flechettes or the like would be the big thing as they'd be as accurate as a bullet without the atmospheric constraints they suffer from on earth, they'd be pretty high velocity, and would poke holes in pretty much anything they hit. In space, raw stopping power is meaningless when all you need to do is puncture a hull or EVA suit to score a kill.

Interesting, have you read the Stark's War series by John G Hemry? Thats almost exactly the system they use in that (on the moon), apart from the explosive penetrator (snigger).

Interesting, have you read the Stark's War series by John G Hemry? Thats almost exactly the system they use in that (on the moon), apart from the explosive penetrator (snigger).

I've not, but I shall add it to my list of books to read.

I like cod: ghost, and think it is better than cod: black ops2. Not the plot, but the playability fact, which is the point of a game not the cut aways.

Going to treat myself today (after 2 weeks of no crisps and very little chocolate - very little is one caramel bar since the end of July - and very little sugary drinks) to some Jaffa Cakes. Not the entire box but at least 5 of the buggers. Slowly, deliberately and with small excited noises between each bite.

I recall them bein served by the little plastic tubs that got you 6 mini Jaffa Cakes.

Well I say six, sometimes you opened them and you got five, other times seven. But in the years of having them as a kid it always seemed to balance out. I even had a weird four day streak of 5/7/5/7.

And Gunmane you need a holiday to the UK and stock up on eating proper Jaffa Cakes, Irn Bru and various other things that Americans don't properly get due to cheaper local alternatives :P.

As for CoD:Ghosts I just felt the gameplay was awful, the MP was clearly designed to capitalise on the player that spends 10hrs a time on it and the story felt so weak and sparodic that nothing made sense. With that I shall go back to MGS4 and GTAV, sure MGS has the long cut scenes and GTA is too huge to ever truly complete but both actually make me want to play them :D.

'FireKnife'

I can buy a box and just have five though, keep some for another day. Or am sure some other member of this household, I reside in, would consume the rest.

Now, should I have tea or coffee with these fine buscuits (be around 8pm tonight). Hot damn do I live life on the edge (maxed envelope, full throttle and other positive buzz words that mean going to the extreme).

Might get myself MGS HD collection. 

Just to play against The End again.

I am tempted to pick it up just so I can properly finish off Peace Walker and play MGS3 with the vastly updated camera system (the only real issue I had with MGS3 was that the camera hindered the sneaking and fighting far too much).

As for The End that guy took a whole frigging hour the first time I played MGS3. Then I found the thermal goggles on my second playthrough and beat him in minutes, grabbing his rifle and camo in the process.

I can buy a box and just have five though, keep some for another day. Or am sure some other member of this household, I reside in, would consume the rest.

Now, should I have tea or coffee with these fine buscuits (be around 8pm tonight). Hot damn do I live life on the edge (maxed envelope, full throttle and other positive buzz words that mean going to the extreme).

They are not buscuits, a study found by McVities proved they are cakes due in part to the fact they they start soft and go hard when mouldy, buscuits do the exact opposite ;).

However I would say coffee, tea is for hobnobs and rich tea.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

OR:

Must be played while doing such things.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, the clue is in the title. Don't pay tax on a cake, but you do with a buscuit (if it absorbs water, tax it. But if it loses, it's perishable and won't be taxed).

Edit: also, I kind of like hard Jaffa Cakes. Ooooooooeeeeerrr.

That's not quite right.

You don't pay VAT on cakes, the HMCE tried to apply VAT to Jaffa Cakes and McVities proved in court that a Jaffa Cake was a cake, they even presented as evidence a full sized Jaffa Cake cake.

That means they can be cheaper than biscuits (Aldi/Lidl own brand) or the same price with a higher profit margin for the manufacturer (Jaffa Cakes).

Because am a very fecious person. How is saying you don't pay tax (which the 't' in vat is tax) not quite right? Is it the comment about loosing moisture (cakes to hard) means they don't pay tax on a cake?

Also; see FK, I do disagree with people (quite a lot actually) but I always try to not get nasty for nasty shake.

Edit: wow just over £47 for two Jaffa Cakes. They do look big to be honest, just not £47 big (yes free delivery but still even at £20 per Jaffa, that's quite a lot).

Because am a very fecious person. How is saying you don't pay tax (which the 't' in vat is tax) not quite right? Is it the comment about loosing moisture (cakes to hard) means they don't pay tax on a cake?

Also; see FK, I do disagree with people (quite a lot actually) but I always try to not get nasty for nasty shake.

Edit: wow just over £47 for two Jaffa Cakes. They do look big to be honest, just not £47 big (yes free delivery but still even at £20 per Jaffa, that's quite a lot).

Haha, yeah when I put my last comment regarding I was too focused on something on something else but we all have that thing that sets us apart from everyone else.

Ok, I put down 'can buy down your local Tesco' and you put 'here is an Amazon web page selling them'. So no. ;)

'FireKnife'

Then why don't the buggers sell them in the typical store?

I have never, ever seen one. Hundreds of those awful caterpillar cakes and such but never one of these.

'FireKnife'

Always get them in both of the tesco stores here. You're obviously living in the wrong place.

Archived