Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit, given the size and scale that is actually very good.

However if they were in a larger scale they would look much better.

Also, rather tempted to buy a TRMR as I now have a viable place to use one on a regular basis. This makes me happy, compared to being stuck playing woodland only for a while.

'FireKnife'

Well I can buy one at the second nearest shop to me (all of 25 miles or so away) for £85 and shotgun primer.209 blanks at 100 for £7.99.

Better than buying 100 non-reuseable pyro which I doubt I could get for as cheap as £93 and it still be good pyro. Plus impact is better and harder to run away frm than unpredictable fuses.

'FireKnife'

I have both the TRMR and a timed grenade.

Very useful having the option of both.

What's the impact required on a TRMR?

They do require a solid hit to go off, but they're by far the safest of the impacts that I've seen.

I must admit in a game day where we had at least 50 TRMR throws amongst all players there only one didn't go off and that was only as it landed on a lump in the carpet that cushioned it.

Other than that they seem to have a high success rate, high enough compared to timed one use pyro and other grenades.

'FireKnife'

Not no use, you just have to be a bit more careful and creative.

Great for solid structures like buildings though as you could always underarm it into a wall inside the building etc.

Though I find pyro is less effective in woodland, bar smoke on a good day, compared to indoors / CQB.

'FireKnife'

Though I find pyro is less effective in woodland, bar smoke on a good day, compared to indoors / CQB.

I remember having one of those hench lifeboat smokes that took up a whole dump pouch to lug about.

I carried that bad boy around for over a year, nearly broke my *albartroth* bone falling on it once. 

The day came where there was the perfect opportunity to use it, gentle breeze to carry the smoke across both bridges, enemy team advancing, me in position. 

Smoke deployed.

Wind instantly changed direction.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU........

Yeah ok, smoke does suck too :P.

But I find that indoors pyro just becomes far too useful, outdoors it just doesn't have that effect.

Though I am still eyeing up the TRMR but know I would have to clear some space and sell some fluff first, like these stupid Games Workshop models I found in a box and some surplus Lego.

'FireKnife'

Next summer season, I am so getting myself some TAG rounds.

I love pyro.

I have seen the TAG rounds, they look good but not enough to justify the cost I would say. Same as those new grenades they do with the exploding hard foam. Great effect but a typically pyro does the same sans the flying chunks of foam and costs about a quarter as much.

But then they are fun, had one go off about two metres from me in an indoor game, the effect was great with the foam going a fair bit, some into the side of my face (thank you face mask) :P.

'FireKnife'

Archived