Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just playing Alien: Isolaion. Well, I say playing, I'am in a locker and not coming out till the music charms down (don't want to spoil it for those who have yet to enjoy this game).

I really, really, no really, like this game.

Edit: forgot to say. I reckon they nicked the hidding in a cubboard/locker, from 'Dog Soldiers'.

Just seen an advert for alien isolation (ripely edition, if that's any different).

I want to spunk a load of cash on a new console and that game and play it for hours on end. I love the alien saga.

But, alas, I can't. I have neither the time nor the money. It's ages since I've played any games and I miss it :(

Fireknife has destroyed buttplugs all over his front room.

And no 203 launcher.

Make of that what you will.

Women are just messy beasts when it comes down to it. They act all nice and wear cute dresses but when you get them down to it they just like to leave broken butt-plugs everywhere. Could clean it up before my flat inspection but eh, can't be bothered.

As for Alien Isolation I have seen rather mixed results about it and I can kind of see why. It looks to be a game that while fun can really stretch your patience waiting on the alien to bugger off and then only after waiting 45mins it decides you have lived long enough, hiding or not.

Finally my happy moment, each time I finish firing and playing with my M&P it leaves a nice rubbery smell on my hands. Actually smells rather nice and I don't know why, it just does.

'FireKnife'

Ping pong balls are fragile but you can drill a tiny hole in them and inject them with epoxy resin.

Also good for filling them is that model-maker's silicone rubber (butt plug material).

A friend of mine suggested filling one with jam.

The longest you wait is about 2 minutes, for the Alien to bugger off. It's about planning your next move and using other people as decoys. Few people have complained that you can't kill it, that's the main reason I like it. It's not another cod clone and you have to think three moves a head. Running about, and hoping for the best, is not going to get you anywhere in it (Alien Isolation). Also, hiding doesn't always work. *fruitcage* grabbed me out of the locker and killed me. Movement and sound are your biggest enemy. Being a sneaky *bramston pickle* keeps you alive.

Considering that they kept changing the dynamics of the game (in colonial marines), am not surprised it's a below par game. I did kind of enjoy playing the game (cheesy acting wasn't cheesy enough to say I enjoyed it) in the sense of nostalgia, rather than actual decent game play.

Agreed. In fact I would still take the original AVP Gold Edition over any other Alien or Predator game in history, it is just the pinnacle of such games and online it was far too fun, especially skirmish mode against hordes of Predaliens :P.

However I have seen video footage of a guy playing Isolation and spending more like 10-15mins waiting for the Alien AI to make it leave enough so he had a chance. It is one of those games that looks good but not enough for me to go out and buy it at full whack or even a console to play it.

Though happy thread so yeah. I am happy that all my leftover stuff like Lego and stupid Warhammer models are going on eBay and have bids. Need to clear out the clutter so the only hobby stuff I have left is airsoft, my random copy of Munchkin Apocalypse, some games and space for my archer equipment nce I find a new place to shoot in the area.

'FireKnife'

It depends on a lot of factors, like assembled well and painted etc.

I just have about 26 Imperial Guards Cadians and some 16 Tau Pathfinders left around, all assembled but not painted.

I would expect to probably get around £10 for the Guard and £5-7 for the Tau if they sell well enough which is not too bad.

If sold in bulk however then in some cases you end up with it going really cheap. At least on eBay you get a wider audience but postage costs can be a sod.

'FireKnife'

eBay isn't too hard to work as it does a fair bit for you.

However I find putting a bulk lot on for a long time (max 10 days) and having it end on say a Saturday night usually works best.

You might not get a lot but money in the bank is better than cheap, low end plastic and metal littering the place ;).

'FireKnife'

Funny story. I have roughly a 1000-point army of Warzone 2nd Edition Dark Legion. Semai, so no big beasts, no machines.

Since several years I can't get around to painting them, the only thing I did was a Female Heretic that, after painting, has a lovely matching green top and miniskirt with yellow and blue flowers on it.

And honestly, I'm on the fence about the new edition. On one hand, the new figures are sleeker, cooler and as cheap as they were. On the other, the previous editions were all crude, cheesy and heavy on Shoulders of Doom, so the new ones don't quite match them.

Managed to get round to actually using a translator to go onto the Marui webpage and find their manuals.

It is good to know exactly how each one breaks apart and component parts.

Though now it is making me question the sudden Marui change of going over to pinned mags when both Glocks, all 1911s bar the Detonics, the Px4, both SIGs, the 5-7 and the XDM have screwed mags which are much easier to work with.

Why Marui, why?

'FireKnife'

I have never had that happen I must admit. Even the SIG mags which people have mentioned are the worst for it never gave me any trouble.

Though for all the mags stripping it is better than battering away at a mag trying to remove those bloody pins that feel like they are welded into the base of the magazine.

'FireKnife'

Archived