Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy thread.

Went to euro car parts today for a new alternator (see other thread for that moan) and was expecting a hit of £200.

Wo is on the front counter but a mate I've known for 32 years. Not seen him for the last 7 so was purely a chance encounter. He knocked 50 quid off because he's nice like that, and got his number for a beery catch up!

He also said to call him direct next time for parts as the discount will be even better.

Now to rip my car to bits...

That is incredible! Some toy designers really have a disturbing imagination! 

Just picked up Far Cry 4 so I'll be working my way through that tonight.. thought i'd treat myself some a lemon meringue pie too especially as I'm home alone! Got Unity last friday but told my mate I'd wait for him to play the campaign coop so need something to keep me going! 

I'm still surprised someone hasn't decided to mix ball grenades and one of those dog ball throwers. :P

Worlds cheapest answer to short ranged artillery?

'FireKnife'

My uni society did. It ended up with them all killing themselves with rhe detonation.

I'm sure if you didn't throw it like a moron it'd be alright.

Jaffa cakes for breakfast, because that's what I wanted, and it didn't matter what I ate, it would soon be coming out of me in quick time fashion. Yes, I'm unwell and am going to enjoy food (well, on the way down at least).

This isn't a complaint, more a relief after having two days of uncertainty. It's finally happened, so yes, that has made me smile today.

Oh and winning 'The Trap Door' story book based on the TV series (had it when I was a child, going to give it to my daughter).

I had a ten minute wait between trains on Monday. Bought a 3DS, Super Smash Bros (Charizard is a boss) and Orcarina of Time.

Entire trip back to work this morning was met with childish giggles at 'Hey. Listen!'

The timer has started to how long it takes before i'm annoyed with her.

Still waiting on getting the 'new' 3DS when they pop up next year in the UK. My 2DS has seen far too much use anyway, bloody Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

i gravitated towards charizard, but got fed up with the B+Left/Right Self-Destructs.

S'all about bowser now.

I can't stand the heavies myself. I go for either Little Mac, Meta-Knight, Duck Hunt Duo and some of the other close up lightweights or mixed fighters. Try to avoid the Mario lot bar Luigi and much of the Zelda lot are meh. Still getting used to some others like Mega Man, Greninja and Shulk, all of which have awesome Finals.

'FireKnife'

i gravitated towards charizard, but got fed up with the B+Left/Right Self-Destructs.

First three games I played I lost because of this. Getting the hang of it now..

...bloody Pokemon and Fire Emblem...

Not sure about teh X + Y games, but the new Ruby/Sapphire look good (played the demo, got sent to the woods to find a 'strange man' who gave me his 'nugget'. Went back to the guy who sent me there to be met with "From the look on your face that was shocking!". If the whole game is full of accidental paedo jokes i'll buy it)

Not sure about teh X + Y games, but the new Ruby/Sapphire look good (played the demo, got sent to the woods to find a 'strange man' who gave me his 'nugget'. Went back to the guy who sent me there to be met with "From the look on your face that was shocking!". If the whole game is full of accidental paedo jokes i'll buy it)

I still haven't found Nugget guy yet damn it. And X+Y are surprisingly good, the story is actually half decent for a kids game and the fights are more frantic. Plus changes in the system mean that the grind isn't so bad if you play smart.

Saying that I have a feeling Omega Ruby for me will take about 30-40hrs of my life away in one feel swoop. I didn't really play much past Ruby and Sapphire (almost ignored D+P+P and B+W I haven't even touched) and I liked R+S with the direction it went. Coupled with the new 3D style it will surely be quite awesome, plus Wonder Trading, so tempted to get Pokemon Bank to cross over my wonder trades from X+Y and then use them. I got some bloody weird wonder trades.

Oh and also Mega Charizard, because yeah, he may be frigging awesome enough as it is so lets make him have two versions of ultimate power, one even making him part Dragon. :D

'FireKnife'

I played Black and White but the clunky slow text and poor translation made me never finish it. Tried twice. Second time I did a Nuzlocke run and stalled.. ah well.

Couldn't get my head around Mega pokemon.. Kinda fun, kinda not.

Witnessed a mate become a pokemon master at the weekend - what started as a brother quest with his autistic sibling became a one man quest to literally catch them all. He has one of every pokemon, not just the entry in the log.

Nice, I don't really do the collecting much myself. I am all for story, beating gyms and having a tough team to make it fun for me.

As for Megas well they are fun and if you play it well can be easy to beat. The fact that they have picked some really stupid ones I don't get though, like Beedrill, what use is he?

'FireKnife'

Archived