Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pizza and the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Doing my first day marshalling tomorrow.

I know I'm late to the BSG party, about 12 years late but enjoying it so far. Got a bunch of other series I need to watch. I remember watching an episode or two of Babylon 5

I miss when ufc was actually an open comp test of your skill. Before it matched people based on weight.

Now there are two arts which dominate but when it started it was about the individual fighters ability to react to his opponent which for me was better to watch.

I wish I could find a cane fighting instructor near me. I am kind of tempted to go and try Systema at some point I enjoyed TKD training in Tae Kwon Mudo though reached a plateau where.my disability limited my ability to achieve the next grade.... stupid requirement to kick at head heigt.

Have done some judo and Jujistu, some BJJ (pretty.much just studying groundfighting) some western stylw blade work and escrima and did some KFM a few years ago.

I am never going to be some MMA fighter I just like the self defence stuff/fitness and fun.

Has anyone here done any systema?

Pizza and the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Doing my first day marshalling tomorrow.

I know I'm late to the BSG party, about 12 years late but enjoying it so far. Got a bunch of other series I need to watch. I remember watching an episode or two of Babylon 5

BSG is ace! I'm currently half way through season 3 again.

I also love Babylon 5. I got the full box set years ago and chewed through all 6000 (I think) minutes of it :)

I also love Babylon 5. I got the full box set years ago and chewed through all 6000 (I think) minutes of it :)

Seconded.

We actually had a conversation about bab5 in the pub last night. The bit where Delenn jumps in with a fleet and gives the fantastic line "Only one Human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!"

Priceless.

SO SAY WE ALL.

I was 18ish when it started.

Ground-breaking 5 year contract leading to an overarching story is awesome.
After the 3rd year they got cold feet and told JM to wrap up, he shoved 2 seasons' worth of junk into s4 and they gave him s5.
That's why S5 can seem a little weak in terms of story.

The thing with Marcus and Ivanova gets me right in the guts, every, damn, time.

Anyway, I am just back from the Invicta Grimpeur 100km audax and I chopped 31 minutes off of last year's time and came 8th.

Never watched Bab 5. Any good?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

I'll be honest, visually it hasn't held up so well.

Set design can be a bit samey but it was the 90s man.

Sometimes you get a couple of "inside" episodes with very low CG content because they were using all their runtime to animate a big fight in a later episode.

It is definitely worth a watch, it was one of the most fully realised science fiction universes that has ever existed in TV or film.

It ties together better than Star Trek even.  Only a few of the Trek episodes ever tie in to each other.

In B5 there will be a throw-away comment in an episode in S1 that will turn out to be really important a year or two later.

I don't want to give it away (which is why I was a bit vague in my previous post) but there are tears, joy, honour, duty and huge freaking explosions.

Plus, the space combat is realistic.  We have no artificial gravity and we have to use real reaction thrusters to manoeuvre.

The more advanced aliens do have it and utterly kick our arses because we are terrible.

The technology develops over time.

I loved it, at Uni we used to have a guy in America who would video it and post us the tape.  We would then show it in the Uni theatre months before you could get it in the UK.

This happened before you could stream video on the internet (or before most people had heard of the internet actually) so we were uber-geeks.

Please post a review when.you get it and let us know how easily it could be hopped. I really fancy a Webley

I've no idea how to hop one, but mine is solid like the dashing firearm it's copied from.

Smooth action, nice sound to it, very high quality. Love it.

Today's issue is creating an enemy force for an exercise- I need a snappy acronym that may or may not be funny. Previous enemy forces have been the Conscripted Unified Nationalist Treaty Society.

This enemy are a bunch of terribly horrible people who fight conventionally and as insurgents. Suggestions on a post card (or here)

So I went and bought another copy of Fallout 3 and the expansions (I've not done any of the expansions but seen a friend play some of one).

This game used to terrify me dumb as it sounds. Some of the areas are just so creepy then mother*fruitcage*ing Ghoul out of nowhere (I tended to have low perception characters).

I shall.

Other things that made me smile: "That's awesome." In regards to the present I got my good friend. Wasn't sure if she'd appreciate it or not.

And my TAG shell is fine and discharges from my launcher. Time to buy some projectiles.

Archived