Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

How about Trained Warriors Adaptimg Terrorist Tactics.

I loved the little touches that made BIG seem more real. The commander in the film having his old now defunct squadron patch on his office wall. The manuals for the pistols in the TV show. The photo at the memorial on earth all the little things that made the world feel human.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, at midnight, twigged how to tackle this materials engineering assignment. It's not a case of a load of words with some diagrams thrown in for additional understanding. The diagrams are the main part this time, with words there to support them.

Also the two tablespoons of coffee before have helped. And I have a book that pretty much has all the diagrams I need to show. And I have done my other two assignments in for tomorrow (today).

Also the two tablespoons of coffee before have helped. 

Coffee always helps.

I had a satisfying session at the gym last night. Chatted to a machine of a bloke who told me about his Saturday routine which he calls "France and back" which is cycling 32 miles (the length of the channel tunnel) then row 21 miles (width of the Strait of Dover)

Concept rowers are the nuts.

Yeah, I'm quite liking them.

I wish I had got off my *albartroth* and done this years ago. Better late than never though. 

Plus, the gym is warm and dry. Gives me something to do (which doesn't involve tea and biscuits) when the weather is too *suitcase* for airsoft.

Today I did a circuit that I kind of forgot about last autumn, but was really good at last year.  Now I'm not so good.

It's the super 7 circuit.  7 exercises, 7 reps, 7 sets.

No rest until you're done. Time yourself.

so:

7 regular pushups (military pushups)

7 crunches

7 wide arm pushups (regular ones for civvies)

7 heel touches

7 close arm/triangle/diamond pushups (whatever you call them)

7 leg raises

7 bastards (full burpee with a pushup)

That's 1 set.

Fast as you can, GO!

Darkchild

Whats a "not *suitcase*" 5k time you reckon? I'm doing it in 21-22 mins at the moment.

If you can get yourself to maintain a sub 2 minute 500m split then you are doing well.

20 minutes is therefore a good time.

I can do a touch under 39 for 10k and just over 7 on the 2k.

Broke 30k words on my latest project in 3 weeks of writing.

That's good going by anyone's standards (I usually aim for 1k a day, and write Mondays to Fridays)

I've already met my contractually agreed length, but the story isn't done yet.  I think It will end round about the 50k mark.

Darkchild

Well it was a hobby, then I got commissioned to write a tie in novella for a videogame, so it's currently my job (while I continue to fail to find a Project Management job)

Hopefully it will lead to follow on contracts, so I can do it full time.

Darkchild

Archived