Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Just remember, overshooting their contractual story length might be bad, too. And they might unleash editors on it, and you might want to disown it after editors are done with it...

But still, it's neat, and your writing speed is impressive indeed. :D

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video game? Can you say which video game you're writing for or, is it a contractual obligation not to say?

Sort of.  

@other dudes: I'd love an editor to get hold of it, saves me doing it all myself!  I've already told them I'm going over my word limit, I've pretty much got carte blanche as long as I don't completely change their game lore.

Darkchild

That's great about the permission to write longer than requested. I guess they aren't concerned with publishing it on paper, where extra pages always increase costs for printing.

And yes, having an editor would help if only to catch uncommented pro- an demotions.

Thanks guys.  I don't think they intend to release it on paper,  I think they intend to release it as an extra for the special edition of their game.  I have digital distribution rights, so I'll self publish it also (with their artwork etc)

I'm under no illusion that this will change my life or anything, it's fairly low key, but if they like my work I'll get a separate contract to right all the fluff pieces in-game, so I'll get writer's credits.

Darkchild 

Don't worry, I'll promote the ###### out of it when the time comes.  

Arnies references...I could add a badguy called hissing Sid or something lol

Darkchild

Gun runner Mikhail Zapadskiy? :D

Finally ordered myself a tanaka revolver.

Oh yes, those are fantastic.

Also, Rhino sent me a couple bits and bobs for my propwork projects, and my next week off has been approved. So with the exception of Monday, when I'm supposed to mourn, the next week is going to be pretty eventful.

Star Wars spin off movie gets a title:- Rogue One. The title alone has got me interested.

Now, the sooner the terminator rights revert back to Cameron the better. I reckon he'd want a taste of this releasing spin off movie business and flip the bird to the new terminator (proposed) trilogy.

Archived