Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tink, actually, now that I think, we probably wouldn't mind seeing a dash-cam of what it looks like to drive the 'Ring, AND a dash cam of what it -feels- like to drive the 'Ring, i.e. one recording your mug. And then mashed side-by-side for our entertainment. :D

I'll see what I can do. I've only got one cam though, so unless someone wants to lend me one, you'll have to make do with the vids being from two different runs.

Presumably the 'mug shot' should be the very first time I drive it, for maximum "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!"?

Tink and stunt, pretty sure I need those cars.

Had no idea they put the v10 in the phaeton.

Tink, I've got a brand new ebay special dash cam you can borrow if you want? It was an 11 quid job, supposed to be HD though but I've not got round to setting it up.

If you want it for couple of weeks, I can stick it in the post? Got a memory card with it too, also new.

Talk to me :)

Was it here I saw those vans in another post? Put some lane markings and cats eyes on the track and you could easily think it was the M6...

While it's awesome and all that, is the nurburgring always that busy? How can you put in a decent lap with all that traffic? Or can you pay for private time/quiet times etc?

I get the feeling it looks busy as the slower vans etc were creating bottlenecks where traffic would build up And the editing will have removed the many minutes of empty track

Personally I would have loved to have seen the look on the bloke's face as he was overtaken on the outside by a DHL transit van

Nar, sorry. It was 11 quid delivered! It probably doesn't even do camera!

If you want it for another point of view though, feel free. If I was doing something like that I'd have cameras all over the shop - in grilles/bumpers, front and rear, sides, inside, facing the driver - everybloodywhere!

I've got a Sony AS-30 and a professional quality windscreen mount you can borrow.

It does time lapse but the functionality is limited:

https://community.sony.com/t5/Action-Cam/TIME-LAPSE-MODE-INTERVAL-RECORDING-limits/td-p/334172

Looks ace, if i could borrow thatd be mega. Cheers stunt! Will PM you now.

Hotel has WiFi.

I am sweating my tits off in glorious sunshine.

The local brew is very agreeable.

There are a few topless hotties around the pool.

I sailed a scaled down pirate galleon today.

Fantastic.

What I suggest you do with the AS-30 is to stick it to the inside of the passenger window.

It has a really wide field of view, I use it in a truck and it can get the left wing mirror and the entire windscreen in.

You could also stick it to the windscreen.

I don't recommend the back window.  It will make it look like the car is 40 feet long.

Archived