Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good going Hwag, I'm also trying to give up as I had my last smoke this morning. Trouble is that I just seem to put airsoft and smoking together so I always end up starting again.

That's kinda why I'm not going to a game til Battle Lakes on the 30th! Figure the few weeks between should help me get over it a bit.

Replace the smoking while airsofting habit with something else.

Chewing on some jerky is equally as manly. ;)

Excellent suggestion - I *fruitcage* LOVE JERKY. It's like meat crisps, only without being crispy.

I prefer biltong. The chilli flavour ones you can get are awesome. The packet stuff doesn't beat the fresh stuff though and I don't know of any South African butchers around here. :(

I remember back at my old job, when I did a site visit to Chelsea I'd always stop at Wimbledon station, go to the little South African shop and grab myself a big bag of biltong and a boerewors roll. This is what I get for working with South Africans. :P

I hear staring down a cow with a look of menace before you tear it apart with your bare hands greatly improves the flavour when it's eventually jerkified.

*edit* Seriously though, yeah, I'd be pretty interested to hear how to make my own jerky... I *fruitcage* love jerky. So much.

There is an episode of a ray mears series I watche dth eother day where he jerky's some bison.

Will see if i can dig out the details, but from what I can remember you need to cut th emeat really thin. If you are into your cooking think butterfly chicken, same process of cutting and rolling out the meat.

Then season with salt and smoke with some herds/spices. You could DIY using a BBQ and some sort of frame that is elevated away from the heat.

I just googled it, making the marinade is the hardest bit. Strips of beef, Barbecue sauce, soy sauce, pepper, some chilli if you want, marinade in the fridge for 24 hours. Place strips on cocktail sticks and dangle through the oven shelf, cook at 50 degrees C for around 6 - 7 hours.

Keep checking it though after 5 hours, as my first ever batch went crispy instead of chewy!

I just googled it, making the marinade is the hardest bit. Strips of beef, Barbecue sauce, soy sauce, pepper, some chilli if you want, marinade in the fridge for 24 hours. Place strips on cocktail sticks and dangle through the oven shelf, cook at 50 degrees C for around 6 - 7 hours.

Keep checking it though after 5 hours, as my first ever batch went crispy instead of chewy!

I am going to try this on Saturday. If it works, I will send you random stationery items from my office in gratitude.

Just off the phone.

Got the job.

As of the 24th I will be selling motorcycle insurance.

AND, as a bonus, the company said they may be able to get me put through my direct access for free with one of the dealerships they are partnered up with.

Oh really, any chance of a discount (when i do cbt/ das) ? :D.

Happy for you bud, getting a job is always a good feeling. When do you start?

Archived