Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After my cat died, and I got a painful leg injury, and realised I'm the poorest I've ever been in my life, I'm going on a road trip to Cornwall tomorrow with some friends I haven't seen in over a year.

That will make me smile.  Then vomit and myself probably, because Rum.

Darkchild

My shock cord, grip tape and cable ties turned up.............

Whatever you think it is going to turn into, you have no idea ;).

Still glad it all turned up though, that makes me happy given RM have been a bit lazy *bramston pickle* the last few weeks on my items.

'FireKnife'

One pub:- £7.95 for a double southern comfort

Different pub:- £5.50

Pint of fosters at both pubs:-£3.00

What the *fruitcage*.

The smiling bit was when I got to the cheaper pub. Hhhmmmmm, cold drinks are boss.

All depends on their suppliers. Draught wise my pub has two distributors, Heineken and Carlsberg. Now both of these companies distribute Strongbow but we purchase ours from Heineken, I imagine because they sell it cheaper (there was a massive hoohah we might've been losing Strongbow because we were looking at severing our Heineken contract because they were being tools regards our Ireland pubs).

Most draught lager is chilled urine to be honest, hell even the typical canned and bottled stuff is too.

Cider is a bit better if it is good cider, but even then you get some chilled dog water in that line up too.

'FireKnife'

Fixed. Now don't talk such nonsense again. :P

Fixed. Now don't talk such nonsense again. :P

Haha, I don't know you still get some terrible beer from draught :D.

You guys need to visit Belgium... ;)

Been there, done that ;).

Now ale. How anyone drinks that is beyond me, tastes like old socks!

Ale is good for one thing, adding to steak and making pies with :P.

'FireKnife'

Now ale. How anyone drinks that is beyond me, tastes like old socks!

You've been on the wrong ales. Golden Glory, for example, is quite light and tastes kinda fruity without actually being a fruit based beer. The other end of the scale being something like Baltic Trader, which is a dark porter, tastes like treacle and is about 13% abv. 

You guys need to visit Belgium... ;)

I plan to at some point. It's all about the lambic ales... And definitely lots of Duvel. ;)

I drink bud light, I dont notice the taste unless it's strong like 6%+. Then it just tastes bad to me.

Bud light here is 4.5%, bud heavy is 5%. Miller mgd is my favy and its 5%.

I hate anything Guinness, and the like. If I have to chew it to drink it no thanks.

Me and liquor don't get along but once in a while I'll have a shot or 2 of fireball.

I love peroni, but it really smacks me about, even if I just have a couple of pints. It's odd.

It's also *bramston pickle* expensive in my town. Fiver a pint, and one place charges £6:15 for a large bottle...

As for ale, pubs here really look after theirs, and serve tons of guest ales so you never get a bad pint, and loads of variation. Big fan of dizzy blonde from robinsons as a lighter drink.

Also, old tom, again from robinsons. Sounds similar to Baltic trader Scorch mentioned. Treacle/molasses type, only served in halves. 2 will make you , guaranteed. I've seen it put big drinkers on their *albartroth* after 2 pints of it!

Archived