Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured out how to run the laser in my plasma cannon at full blast. I'm not even sure if it's really 20mW one and not something more powerful, as I can see the beam and it's a horrible power hog (multimeter claims it uses almost 600 mA).

What kind of torch?  I'm after new primary.  I have a G&P R500 rechargeable which was great for years.  Then I left it face down with it on and the bulb got too hot.  When I noticed and turned it off, the bulb exploded.  Got a new bulb and that lasted barely 40 mins before exploding and I was just using it normally.  Those bulbs are expensive so don't really want to buy another just to explode.  So annoying as it was a great torch before my initial *fruitcage* up.

I'm looking for a single 18650, with a silly amount of throw. Some spill though too.

Really looking at the armytek predator with the xpl LED.

I'm also tempted to get a cheap skyray king so I can carry daylight around in my bag :)

What kind of torch?  I'm after new primary.  I have a G&P R500 rechargeable which was great for years.  Then I left it face down with it on and the bulb got too hot.  When I noticed and turned it off, the bulb exploded.  Got a new bulb and that lasted barely 40 mins before exploding and I was just using it normally.  Those bulbs are expensive so don't really want to buy another just to explode.  So annoying as it was a great torch before my initial *fruitcage* up.

Missed the quote...

LED is the way forward, Incan bulbs are terrible!

Yeah.  I've heard about warm LED torches.  I will have to check them out.  R.e. outdoor performance. Maybe it's just how I perceive the different temperatures between LED an incan but the incan seems to have better range. Better in fog and rain too.

I have a couple of ultrafire 502b flashlights. One has a straight on/off module and a remote switch for mounting on rifles, the EDC one has the hi/med/low power module. All dead cheap, and brighter than I could possibly need.

I love Chinese torches, but QC is all over the place. Spent the afternoon fixing 3 actually so they work properly!

I've got a few of the sipik sk68 copies, and they are great for under £2 delivered. They throw far for a single AA, not tried them on 14500s. Also got an ultrafire C8 which is decent for the price too.

I'm after a well built one though as it will replace my fenix LD20 for duty use, and don't want it out when I may be relying on it...

Incan are so dim in comparison. We were searching a bit ago for someone on the beach, and most were using 4d mag chargers which are in the vehicles. My 2aa fenix was way brighter.

Desktop, keyboard and mouse (along with a load of wires and cables hooray!) sucessfully acquired from parental unit.

Will probably have to wait until tomorrow to test for life and then hopefully GPU comes in Tues or Weds (hopefully Tues so I can play games ALL Wednesday). Not sure where my monitor/tv went but my dad says he should have a spare HDMI one around, or should I go back to VGA?

Yeah.  I have a bunch of those sipik copies.  Handy to have one in your bag, car.  Gave to a bunch of family members.  My sister told me she didn't have a torch so she got one.  Need to try them with 14500s too.

It means me buying 14500s though! And a charger. Looking at the nitecore intellicharger as they charge everything.

I want to use my imax b6, but would need to make my own cradles as you can't buy them off the shelf, and wiring scares me :(

Shmook, there's a trick! Solder the wires to 2 magnets and you can charge any battery with a metal housing. ;)

I lose depth perception with while LED lamps. Its weird, but I actually have trouble focusing only using LED. I use them but I do prefer halogen when available. Anyway, I received my Icharger b260 ( i think, its new) and boy oh boy, the possibilities! Charge everything wirh this!

Shmook, there's a trick! Solder the wires to 2 magnets and you can charge any battery with a metal housing. ;)

I lose depth perception with while LED lamps. Its weird, but I actually have trouble focusing only using LED. I use them but I do prefer halogen when available. Anyway, I received my Icharger b260 ( i think, its new) and boy oh boy, the possibilities! Charge everything wirh this!

Amazing, thankyou!

Ideally I wanted to charge 4 at once, but this will work! I've looked at a couple of guides online, and it was setting up the balance lead that worried me. Not such a worry with NiMh but still...

As for depth perception, I think it's just practice. I uses torches quite a lot - work, walking the dogs, moving round the house at night and not waking everyone up by putting the lights on, whatever - and you get used to it :)

I thought I was the only one, who used a torch instead of turning lights on. Low powered of course, other wise what's the point (might as well turn the light on if I use one of my bright torches).

*suitcase*, want another torch now.

To Amazon . . .

Archived