Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

They're not even mediocre improvements. They're downgrades. Only Apple could have idiots camping out to pick up one up knowing full well they come out of the box with issues. Maps, crippled, cases banged up, touchscreen going berserk e.t.c.

I suppose at least they will make calls even if you happen to want to use your left hand ;)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the new British Red Cross "crisis" advert.

I really want a crisis to happen to me.

(If you've seen it you'll understand)

Well, in the victorian times a lady was said to be "having a crisis" when she arrived (if you see what I mean).

So not only do I understand that you would like to have a crisis, I would also like to make sure that the crisis had a crisis.

And give her lovely dog a biscuit.

Who wants a biscuit?

You do.

You do.

Who's a good dog?

Yes you are.

Well, in the victorian times a lady was said to be "having a crisis" when she arrived (if you see what I mean).

So not only do I understand that you would like to have a crisis, I would also like to make sure that the crisis had a crisis.

And give her lovely dog a biscuit.

Who wants a biscuit?

You do.

You do.

Who's a good dog?

Yes you are.

My God, he's hysterical! Matron! Hold him down and fetch me the agitator.

Allow me to tell you why I won't buy an MP3 player from anyone but Apple.

Three years ago, I got an IPod Nano for Christmas, one of the fat ones. Two weeks after I got, I left in the pocket of a pair of pants that then got washed and dried. I thought it was dead. But, I plugged it into the computer and voila! It came back on. The earbuds were destroyed. Skip forward two years of abuse. My family got a milk cow, which I milked in the mornings and evenings for around six months until my parents got rid of the cow. It got dropped in milk at least seven times that I can remember, and I'm not great at remembering at six thirty in the morning. So, another six months goes by, three of which it's been lost to me, and I somehow find it stuck under the foot of the couch, with an enormous dent in the back. My little brother asked for it, and since I had since upgraded to a Touch, I let him have it. He plugged it into the charge and it came on again. Now, it's surviving him throwing it around as badly as I did.

Well, I smiled a little today when I was able to fix my only 1911 mag, returning it to working order. Not as deep or original as some here, but still.

Same, but where is an alligator when you need one?

As for what is making me feel good, hmmm, not sure. The usual things like having money and a place to myself, but also the fact I have RE6 to look forward to next week and a flat party a week today.

'FireKnife'

Three years ago, I got an IPod Nano for Christmas, one of the fat ones. Two weeks after I got, I left in the pocket of a pair of pants that then got washed and dried. I thought it was dead. But, I plugged it into the computer and voila! It came back on. The earbuds were destroyed. Skip forward two years of abuse. My family got a milk cow, which I milked in the mornings and evenings for around six months until my parents got rid of the cow. It got dropped in milk at least seven times that I can remember, and I'm not great at remembering at six thirty in the morning. So, another six months goes by, three of which it's been lost to me, and I somehow find it stuck under the foot of the couch, with an enormous dent in the back. My little brother asked for it, and since I had since upgraded to a Touch, I let him have it. He plugged it into the charge and it came on again. Now, it's surviving him throwing it around as badly as I did.

Well, I smiled a little today when I was able to fix my only 1911 mag, returning it to working order. Not as deep or original as some here, but still.

Hmmm

The nano is not tough because it is an apple, it is tough because it has nothing on it to go wrong, it is quite literally a chip, a battery and a 3.5mm socket in a block of plastic.

The touch is orders of magnitude more complex and although I don't know if it could withstand repeated immersion I know it couldn't be used to prop up a chair, the screen would smash, as would all devices' screens.

My phone does it.

Well done on the mag though.

Almost time to go pick up the missus, then see how our little chat goes. Either way I can't see it going badly for her and me, well I am sure I can find someone else, out of 3bn women must be a few that will let me have a go :P

Oh and seen TMs new line of pistols, plus have cash to buy a new one, damn this time it is a case of 'what one to buy' as it will be for fun and target shooting, not picking guys off at range.

'FireKnife'

Hmmm

The nano is not tough because it is an apple, it is tough because it has nothing on it to go wrong, it is quite literally a chip, a battery and a 3.5mm socket in a block of plastic.

The touch is orders of magnitude more complex and although I don't know if it could withstand repeated immersion I know it couldn't be used to prop up a chair, the screen would smash, as would all devices' screens.

My phone does it.

Phones do but I prefer to save my battery for web browsing.

I do have to admit that if I had to buy another MP3 player it would probably be a gen 2 nano based on my experience with my zombie gen 2 nano 2gb. It died to a point where the wheel and buttons stopped working and no pc mac or linux machine would recognise it but it still charged. I just left it in my junk draw for 6 months until my brother gave my a car stereo with an ipod lead and when I plugged it in it recognised it and played music. Ever since then my computers have started recognising it and if I press hard enough the buttons also work.

I only really use my ipod in my car now and if I change my stereo I'll just get one with a rear usb and put a memory stick in the glove box.

Going up to Edinburgh for a long weekend of catching up with mates,(drinking) and maybe trying out one of these fancy scottish sites you see on youtube ;p

You mean the one / two. Seriously going to Scotland to airsoft is like going to Scotland for a summer holiday to sunbathe. :P

My new job gives you a lieu day off every other week because we work every other Saturday.

Just found out I have been blessed with Monday as my assigned lieu day.

3 day weekend every other weekend. Get in. :)

Lucky sod, well in a way lucky sod as you only get a three day weekend, then next week Sun / Mon off ;). Still try my job, so long as I do 7.5 hours and don't come in later than 9am or leave before 4pm I am fine. That and all the important work I do :D

'FireKnife'

Dug out my PS2 last night and fired up Time Crisis 3. I missed this game so much! Also having a 37" CRT monitor makes it that much more enjoyable! :P

Whoever thought up the way that modern light gun games work should be shot, they never seem to work!

EDIT: Just bought Point Blank 1 off eBay for £8. More light gun goodness!

The only one I could get one with was that Ghost Squad thing with the select fire G36c look-a-like gun. Though it did freak people out, including a girl I was on a date with when I shouldered it correctly, and snap shot each time, scoring good centre mass hits each time. :P

I want to go play that now, just to show people how it is done.

'FireKnife'

I know what you mean, most people I saw on Ghost Squad were spraying from the hip all over the shop. Also on the Time Crisis games everyone was using one hand and didn't know how to dodge shots.

I'm still sad my 1st place high score on TC3 is gone forever, I used to ###### so many people off by completing that game on one credit. :P

I do laugh though when people see that '100 rounds of full auto' per credit and go and waste it all. Then along comes me, stick it on semi, then just double tap every thing (good thing the Arcade one was responsive and set up right.

I remember the original Time Crisis, with the recoil gun in the arcade, that was a great way to practice shots, probably what got me so used to short range instinct shots and a slight recoil :P

Damn you Time Crisis for being so much fun. Better than House of the Dead, even if 2 on the Dreamcast with the light gun was amazing.

'FireKnife'

I still have a recoiling light gun for my Playstation, I just need to find the power supply for the recoil. Another nice thing is the gun is a replica of a P226... and it has full auto! The slide goes mental when you hold the trigger down, it cycles like a stock TM on a warm day! :P

Nice, I had one for my PSOne that resembled a green / silver PPK with a safety lever that acted as a mode changer and a button on the bottom that allowed you to hit it and reload the gun in game.

Still I wish that idea that someone had come up with came to fruition. Basically you have a plastic box in place of the magazine on a light handgun, you remove it, swap it with the other one in a belt holder and place it in, simulating a full reload. :P

Damn, now I want my PSOne and Die Hard Trilogy back, they were both so much fun when you had that light gun.

'FireKnife'

Did it vibrate when you fired it? I had something similar. Die Hard Trilogy was one of the greatest games ever, the story didn't really follow the movies but damn it was fun! I liked putting in cheat codes to change the enemy voices and make them fly into the air when they died.

Damn, I HAVE to dig that out now as well!

Archived