Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the counterweight pouch I bought fits a Maplin branded (cautious here), waterproof power bank.

Now only awkward thing is it auto turns off 30 seconds after a device is charged. So hopefully it recognises the camera is actually still draining charge and then acts as a large battery instead of turning off and having to reboot it.

Well, I haven't touched my replicas in months if not nearly a year, so I finally tackled learning to break down my RS SVD down to the point of getting the gearbox out.  Whilst the process (over several hours of fiddling to make sure I put everything back) could go in the other thread, in the end I enjoyed the challenge. 

Now if only I could take the bloody thing out to shoot.

So the counterweight pouch I bought fits a Maplin branded (cautious here), waterproof power bank.

Now only awkward thing is it auto turns off 30 seconds after a device is charged. So hopefully it recognises the camera is actually still draining charge and then acts as a large battery instead of turning off and having to reboot it.

What sort of size is said power bank?

Maplins usually equals Chinese rebranded, and there will, or should be, a plethora of similar-sized devices that should fit without the auto shut-off feature :)

Whew. So my workplace is generous enough to give me money for an express train ticket. So I have to spend two hours at Schiphol, but at least during those two hours I can get a breakfast, and then I'm in Brussels at 1PM, giving me two hours and a half to see the Manneken Pis.

I think I've been pretty *fruitcage* lucky with my '98 Fiesta - Failed its MOT 9 times, sometimes for around 20 reasons, and yet I've only had to replace the clutch (£150, dealer warranty) so far. Don't think it's going to pass the next MOT though so will probably SORN it.

Out of interest, how easy is it for a mechanically unsmart chap to put a Ford Puma engine in a Fiesta? :D

Lol.  When it comes to MOT time, you don't do a pre service?  Just think *fruitcage* it and book it in?

An engine swap would be pretty high on the list of things I think I wouldn't even contemplate DIY heh.

Archived