Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd vote for stunt,

I was at YSJ for uni had a mental breakdown because massive changes in painkillers plus abusive housemate (shed scream at me if my Skype went off at 9pm and I felt like I couldn't use the house at all) during my ma and went back to Brighton to my dads but I grew up at raf bases around the uk and ended up in the *albartroth* of Yorkshire Doncaster before uni

I miss york at times but not sure I'd go back I really wish I could have tried my PGCE at YSJ the disability support and help from lecturers with my health was amazing. When I had a heat induced petit mal seizure in the new building the head of programme interrupted my first year at the time partner's lecture in a building the other side of the campus (all of 500m but still) to get him to look after me after I went outside the room for a breath of fresh air and didn't come back, she found me half collapsed half slumped leant against the wall in the corridor barely coherent and left the lecture to go find the boy to carry me back to my room.

Applying for my masters came about in a convo with a lecturer talking about a research project where I admitted I really didn't know what to do the next year that part of me wanted to do something with an idea. I was taken by the arm to speak to one of the other lecturers and only when she said to the woman 'I've got a student here who needs to be doing a Masters next year to do this research project and explained my idea' did I realise I'd been taken to see the head of the Lit M.A department. I didn't actually put an application form in until I was told I had to for the paperwork in like late August.

on my few attempts at ranges in cadets I understood why the mil do it in armour with the amount of dance moves I had to do to dodge barrels and looking at the holes in the dividers at my mate in the states nearest public indoor range is be tempted to wear it when shooting there.

This mate of mine owns a shop in the us as a gunsmith and tinkerer with suppressor a and post NFA R&D with some sales of things like cans and he was arrested for beating someone really badly because of an 'unloaded gun'.

The guy had brought it in to either sell on consignment or get some work done on it or something the guy Flagged his dad (he started the shop which was mainly just sales at the time with a little smithing on the side) the guy copped an attitude at being lectured on safety and said something to the effect of 'what are you so bothered about it isn't loaded) and to prove it pulls the trigger with it still pointed at his dad and there was a boom where there should have been a click.

So the gun goes off his dad catches a round and my mate goes to do what he can first aid dealing 911 on speaker whilst putting compression on and plugging the hole. The guys just stood there and when the paramedics turned up and took over my mate just... Lost it. Had to be dragged off the guy from what he remembers, he remembers his hands being covered in blood mostly his dad's but some of the guys as well the paramedics calling for another ambulance my mate getting in the ambulance with his dad one of the other staff waiting in the store.

The police turned up to arrest him at the hospital while waiting for his do to come out of surgery coz the guy he kicked the hell out of called the cops while waiting in the ER.

Thankfully it never went further than the arrest and he was released once he was interviewed. I don't really think any prosecutor would want to even think about trying to put that case in front of a jury but he was really worried at the time that he'd get sent to prison and lose everything. ( he was charged with a felony meaning he'd lose his ability to work In the industry)

There's allot of really really unsafe shooters out there who are really cavelier with guns and new shooters turning with loaded weapons when they don't fire is apparently common.

I'm glad to see that 'wall to wall cpunselling' still exists somewhere coz it's sometimes needed Lord knows I could do with being able to use it at times when dealing with people.

Also random I know but I've checked, the boy uses 'merkur' blades at the moment if anyone wants to try a couple. He likes them and their probably the best of the blades he's had apparently. Sharp but not so silly sharp they dull pretty much instantly after touching a hair and not so sharp even touching the blade edge will slit your thumb like the last lot he had.

I don't like them for breakfast, however, I have eaten a lot of them in boat races.

Which means that overall, the way I eat wheetabix is "as fast as possible" with nothing on them.

Followed by a bottle of Tobasco.

Followed by 500g of butter.

Followed by a half pint of Absinthe.

Followed by a shot glass of cinnamon.

Disgusting.

Ah boat races vile and best done somewhere you hate the bar staff

Waiting with the boy for his cab to the hosipital was surreal . First one we asked to wait 2m while he grabbed the test results the hosp had phoned for about 5m before the cab arrived and he just off so waiting we get the buzz of the automated message at the same time as this

http://shz.am/t47500187

Starts to be heard down the street at about 120db the car pulls up its a local guy in his 20s in a a lowered/stanced Audi. fair.... So aircon leather seats and savage dance music.

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up. Will have a play with it some other day when I'm not expecting a flat inspection hah.

Safariland noob. Always been a SERPA man as I got one with my first Sig.

By all accounts the SERPA is a quicker draw then the 6004 so bear that in mind, this is attributed to the different styles of retention but also the suede lining of the 6004. 

I had the same issue with you - my holster pushed the slide back about 1.5cm. I fiddled with the hex screws to loosen it, but since inserted the pistol, then tightened the holster around it as far as it could go, with the intention of compression the suede lining about. I've yet to see how this has worked out though.

Archived