Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Your posts got me browsing YouTube for insane VW cars. I was not disappointed.

I did like the bog standard looking mk2 golf.

With 1233hp and awd...

That golf is mental. the way it all hunkers down on each gearchange is beautiful, Oh, more power you say? *lurch*

Yes but with the exception of the LSD the £850 I spent on 2 part brakes was the best mod I have ever made to a car.

Yes but £850 is more than I'll pay for the engine and coils and adaptive hardware (though, sadly not the audi RS2 intake manifold which is required to make a boosted suitable intake fanimold). Also unsure of how much the standalone engine manglement will set me back. 

Edit: just found a german company that makes 16vG60 specific manifolds for €189, or €270 including a fuel rail, bargain!

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, I know many, many people who speak German if you have questions.

Also, I don't think you mean RS2 intake manifold, that is a 5 cylinder and there are less than 3000 of them, under 200 RHD ones.

If you cut one up for a manifold I will literally murder you.

It was one of the first production cars I fell in love with.

Thankfully the website has a decent english translation, and no, I did mean the S2 / RS2 intake manifold. 

You get one and chop the 5th cylinder off and it's perfect for a short run FI intake, because the stock 16v engine is NA and so has stupidly long intake runs (from the back of the engine, over the top of the rocker cover, then into a reasonably tight turn to enter the engine on the front).

Fortunately, as I said, there's an alternative.

Also, as it's cheap(ish) I can start buying bits as and when I can afford them. First step is the main engine, though, there's a guy in Italy who may have a set of forged pistons though... Nom.

Space Wolves gunship and vindicator (warhammer 40k) turned up today. *Evil star wars emporeor voice 'Soon my army will be complete'.

That's what they all say. :P The 30K book with Space Wolves in is launched next month, I'm so excited and have two big boxes of models to assemble when I finally see the army list.

That's what they all say. :P The 30K book with Space Wolves in is launched next month, I'm so excited and have two big boxes of models to assemble when I finally see the army list.

*Emperor voice* Good, ggooooooooooodd (good stretched out, not god stretched out).

I was on a job in Glasgow once.

There used to be these high rise blocks that were a bit rough. We saw smoke coming out of one of them, then a burning mattress gets ejected from the window.

About 6 floors up.

It was madness.

Archived