Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the minion is cool bro!!! Something has to get rid of the workshop smell! Need to keep the car nicely smelling so I can cruise about dropping beats with the missus yo..

You'll have to wait till next weekend for photos, its currently filthy and in full monster truck mode.. springs are on order, should be fitting them next weekend! 

Isn't that an MOT failure?

Isnt what a MOT failure? Hanging dice?

If the tester doesn't like you, yes.

The gf's dad is an MOT tester. If he thinks you're sound he'll take it out and explain why. If you rub him up the wrong way it'll be a "by the book" test.

Apparently taxi drivers are the absolute worst for being bellends.

Yeah restricts your view, my local MOT station is solid so they let it slide with the above warning..

We have to take all the dash cams out of the trucks we send for MOT cause they're within view.. we just tuck them in the overhead storage then replace when it's gone through, some MOT Testers are more lenient but not worth the risk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a little bit pointless as you'll take it out, they'll pass it then you put it back until next year.

What's needed are police roadside checks and people getting points and fines for these things. Then they'll stop.

Dash cams shouldn't be a fail though, they're almost essential these days. The hanging dice etc are more of an issue because they move around and your eye is constantly drawn to the movement, making them a huge distraction. A dash can just sits there, and if you're smart you'll have tucked it as much behind the rearview mirror as possible anyway.

It's a little bit pointless as you'll take it out, they'll pass it then you put it back until next year.

This.

What's needed are police roadside checks and people getting points and fines for these things. Then they'll stop.

This is needed. But good luck with having the resources to do so...

We run the odd event where we set up checkpoints and go over cars, but what will always get you is failing the attitude test.

Common sense mounting of gadgets obviously comes in to play, but be nice, and we are nice back :)

Dash cams shouldn't be a fail though, they're almost essential these days. The hanging dice etc are more of an issue because they move around and your eye is constantly drawn to the movement, making them a huge distraction. A dash can just sits there, and if you're smart you'll have tucked it as much behind the rearview mirror as possible anyway.

I love dash cams, and again as long as it's common sense with the position, no dramas. Some of those ebay ones have a bloody huge and complex mount though which is bigger than the camera!

I can't remember the last time I saw a car with dice on the mirror.

Apologies for the double post, am mobile and also . Could a tame mod please merge them without banning me? Mr Tinkerton Sir, I'm looking at you...

:P

They're on the near side as far out of drivers vision as possible though so they don't cause too much distraction..

I don't like the dice cause they swing too much.. my minion hangs level with the mirror with about a cm dropping down so no real worries to be honest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashcams should ideally be positioned behind the interior rear view mirror, as one, it's likely going to give the best camera angle for the footage, and two, it's out of the way and easy to route power wires to.

I have a phone holder that is positioned about 70% of the way accross the windscreen, closest to the drivers side, and where it sits, coupled with where I sit, it only actually blocks view of my bonnet.

However it is obstructing vision for a 'normally' sized human bean.

Ah.  Radar guns.  That makes sense in a dumb kind of way.  Always seemed pretty dangerous to me.  On the single day of the year we get a bit of sun, you could be briefly blinded.   Not to mention quite a large item to obstruct view.

I remember back when my father worked for the county sheriff and had to bring his patrol car home he would park it facing outward towards the road, to see how folks would slow down all the time.

Anyways, finding this vid made me smile today. 

With the Russkie side getting more "serious" at times, it's good to see the more humorous side still alive.

Italian taxi drivers.  Jesus.  An utter *suitcase* show.  Not using GPS, driving round in circles, ignoring Google maps we're providing.  Makes you want to strangle them from the back seat, leave their lifeless corpse on the side of the road and drive yourself to your destination.  Made me utterly apoplectic.

Pretty much.  Speed limits? Lane discipline? nah.  Don't need to worry about that *suitcase*

And yet, Uber drivers, nothing but professional.  Maybe because you can rate them and easily get refunds.  So yeah, get an Uber in Italy if they're available where you are.

Archived