Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Oh yeah. Gained a tenner so I'm a happy camper. Been really lucky with the items I've been selling recently. Beginning to think maybe I'm pushing my luck. . .

Might try to sell *suitcase* in a bag, see what I get for it.

Make sure you use all the right buzzwords to get it trending: #organic #compostable #allnatural #biodegradable #freerange

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait, what? that's only 45hp/L.

That's as few as 4.5 tens, and that's terrible. 

Yeah, the S2000 had 124.9 hp/l.  Naturally aspirated.

That would give the Mustang 650 hp.

That's as many as 65 tens and that's awesome.

However, I shouldn't be too snobby, my dream car has a 2.5l engine with 89 hp.

35 hp/l

Garbage.

It's amazing. 

Apart from all the many ways it's not. For the brief few months when it worked properly and had no suspension issues, it's the second best handling car i've ever driven. Best was a mk1 MX5 (miata to you lot over the pond). Sadly I'm too tall to fit in any of the MX5 family. Sadface.

I really want to try a GT-86/BRZ at some point. In a few years I reckon that'll be a good drive for a great price. 

giphy.gif

I forgot how good the music in BSG is. It's something I appreciate more and more as I get older ('older', he says, like he's some wizened old bear.) 

Good, and fitting/appropriate music i think is more important that good cinematography, especially in todays CGI heavy shows and films. Music is the one thing you can't fake. it's either good, or its bad, but sometimes the bad music is good. it has to be fitting. Tense when the action is tense. Sentimental and morose when it's a sad bit. 

It has to be congruent with the 'show', but never distract from the 'show'. 

Bear McCreary is a wonder. Considering the work he's done on BSG, couple that with Black Sails, Europa Report, Agents of Shield, and he's still a spritely young thing of 38.

I fully expect him to reach Hans Zimmer status before too long, that guy that just 'gets' a movie, and scores it to perfection.

Bear McCreary is a wonder. Considering the work he's done on BSG, couple that with Black Sails, Europa Report, Agents of Shield, and he's still a spritely young thing of 38.

Walking dead was his too.

What's the car?

Pinzgauer.

The series one 1972 - 1985 air cooled Pinzgauer specifically.

I keep vacillating between the more practical 710 4x4 and the extremely cool but not necessary for me 712 6x6.

I would like to get the M model (Tarp back not hard top) and have a tray back type of thing.

Like this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uploads/gallery/album_2014/gallery_18344_2014_232809.png

It's amazing. 

Apart from all the many ways it's not. For the brief few months when it worked properly and had no suspension issues, it's the second best handling car i've ever driven. Best was a mk1 MX5 (miata to you lot over the pond). Sadly I'm too tall to fit in any of the MX5 family. Sadface.

I really want to try a GT-86/BRZ at some point. In a few years I reckon that'll be a good drive for a great price. 

While you are abnormally large I would suggest you try what I did in the S2000.

Pull the whole driver's seat out.

Replace with a bin bag full of expanding foam.

Custom racing seat and 4 inches of extra leg room at the same time.

Had a fun customer today. The way he was sitting meant he was blocking one of the paths through our main dining area and happened to be a fire escape. So I politely requested he moved as he was blocking a fire escape (to which his response was "Is there a fire?") As well as making it difficult for customers and staff to navigate the area. He obliges and I assume that's the end of it.

Take his food out and we have a laugh as his jacket potato is hidden under an over generous portion of chilli.

The a colleague informs me that on a table just over from them that someone was challenged at the bar for ID and didn't have any so had ordered a soft drunk, but then her friend had swapped her beer for the soft drink. Go over and politely ask to see some ID and the lady who was refused initially actually looks through her purse (lol) and tells me she doesn't have it. I tell her I have to confiscate the Beer but as it was for a meal I was happy to swap it for a soft drink.

As I take the drink the guy from the other table calls over to these people saying I'm acting like a *rickroller*. One of my other managers hears this and tells him to leave, unfortunately from there things got heated as he pursued my colleague to the bar and starts having a shouting match with him, colleague and I try to calm the situation by getting our co-worker to take a breather but he doesn't have any of it.

Guy ends up saying he'll have my colleagues job for being rude (apparently talking among yourselves is meant to be private and therefore not liable for anything) and he's a trainee solicitor and knows the Regional Manager.

We all had a good laugh and hope he complains to Head Office. Just wish my buddy hasn't gotten so riled up but the guy was a jerk.

TL:DR: Apparently people being rude to those in the customer service industry is fine but if we stand up for our colleagues and ask the customer to leave we're rude.

If only people that gave it could take it. Would make everything a lot easier.

Aye but sometimes it's fun when they can't. Have a few members of staff like that who are all mouth and all you need to say is a sentence and they slink off sharpish.

If only people that gave it could take it. Would make everything a lot easier.

Story of my life.

Twitch, I don't envy you working the pub trade. You can't even cosh the idiots who frequent your establishment...

As I take the drink the guy from the other table calls over to these people saying I'm acting like a *rickroller*. One of my other managers hears this and tells him to leave.

Now, this is just another example of why Scotland is better.

In Scotland as soon as you refuse to leave a licensed establishment after being asked by the proprietor or by an agent thereof you are committing a criminal offense.

In Glasgow I had the numbers of a few local police man officers who would pop by and arrest basically anyone I wanted for that.

A night in a cell for being a tool.

Instant justice.

Now, this is just another example of why Scotland is better.

In Scotland as soon as you refuse to leave a licensed establishment after being asked by the proprietor or by an agent thereof you are committing a criminal offense.

In Glasgow I had the numbers of a few local police man officers who would pop by and arrest basically anyone I wanted for that.

A night in a cell for being a tool.

Instant justice.

It becomes trespass here if you refuse to leave. Civil offence, cops can't evict as they then become an agent of the land owner.

But, if they refuse to leave, they get locked up for breach of the peace.

Ways and means...!

It becomes trespass here if you refuse to leave. Civil offence, cops can't evict as they then become an agent of the land owner.

But, if they refuse to leave, they get locked up for breach of the peace.

Ways and means...!

Trespass is a torte.

I love it because it "upgrades" crime.

As the owner of a public area like a shop or bar you can decide you don't want someone coming in.

At that point you issue a "Trespass notice". Once issued the place becomes off limits to said scumbag.

As I used to be a security guard I have experience in that area so here is an example.

If you steal from a shop (public place) that is theft.  Mickey mouse offence, slap on the wrist. You have to be a serious repeat offender to even get a custodial sentence.

Now, if you have a trespass notice issued it becomes burglary which can get you up to 6 years depending on the circumstances.

I always issued trespass notices when I caught or even suspected a shoplifter.

It takes management buy-in and good filing and retrieval systems but it is worth it.

It is the reason I used to be able to put on my CV that people were currently serving over 30 combined  years due to me.

Archived