Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna sign myself up for a CBT and hopefully get myself a 125 Yamaha Virago. :)

Any arnies bikers have decent recommendations for good places to shop for PPE?

Passed my DAS a few weeks back and now ride a BMW F800R. I commute so I bought very low-profile kit.

I bought my helmet (Shoei Qwest; don't settle for anything less than SHARP 5-star) in person at Infinity after wearing it for 45 minutes to check fit and you would be a fool to buy one online, IMO. I got my jeans (Rokker Revolutions) in person at Infinity too. I got my jacket (Alpinestars Oscar Monty) from Sportsbike online. I'd recommend both retailers; Infinity have been flawless with Sportsbike pretty good (they're taking a long time to deal with a return).

BMW Park Lane, on the other hand, can go f*** themselves.

Nah, we're not criminals.

At least I'm not.

No idea about the other two, now you come to mention it....  :huh:

In all seriousness, we're all petrol heads. Ginge works for the pongos learning them how to maintain and repair plant machinery, I've got the corrodo which I've self taught on (and a decade of motor trade parts experience has rubbed off, fnar) and higher than average electrickery knowledge, and Chewie maintains a small fleet of vehicles also. 

The real question is why are *you* not off-put by it?

You can't convince the others.

Also, I know the axles are worth more than the asking price of the whole thing.

Because he's either a masochist or he knows there's a priceless painting rolled up inside the fuel tank.

That would be cool (Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies) but this particular Pinz does not have a fuel tank.

It oxidised.

Nah, we're not criminals.

At least I'm not.

No idea about the other two, now you come to mention it....  :huh:

In all seriousness, we're all petrol heads. Ginge works for the pongos learning them how to maintain and repair plant machinery, I've got the corrodo which I've self taught on (and a decade of motor trade parts experience has rubbed off, fnar) and higher than average electrickery knowledge, and Chewie maintains a small fleet of vehicles also. 

Define criminal...

Basically, it looks scary but it is only parts and rust.

The panels are flat and made of thick steel so the welding is easy.  I can't weld but I have the means and opportunity to learn for the first time in my life.

That is actually what I am most excited about.

I built a 345hp MK1 Octavia and a 349hp S2000 (missed out of 350, damnit) and have had a Clio 172, a rotten 2 door Range Rover, a SII Land Rover, a 2(ish)WD Sapphire Cosworth and multiple utter dogs of cars that I have repaired with wire, tape, cable ties and such.

She's hardly the $6M Pinz but we have the technology, we can repair her.

Ah you're the lucky one :)

T'was a great day, but could have done with Tippy turning the temperature down a notch or two!

Yeah, was a bit warm. Kinda wish I hadn't worn the gorka suit.

Also being referred to as the go to guy for all things our pub.

Went round my mum's pub today. Ended up being roped into a line clean. Streamlined their entire process for them.

My drill is working again.

Quarter million quid machine sitting idle for three days because it needs a £90 air solenoid valve.

Ah well, at least the A/C is broken.

Wait.  Happy thread.

Booked a meeting with the financial advisor and also the dentist.

Will get my money and teeth sorted on the same day hopefully.

Went round my mum's pub today. Ended up being roped into a line clean. Streamlined their entire process for them.

Heh line cleaning, one of my specialties.

So glad they've put us on this trial machine as it's cut the cycle time in half without compromising hygiene (provided the other guys working do their jobs properly) meaning we can do our T-bars over three days (We've got 64 individual keg lines in the cellar, about half of which split from the keg).

Spent many hours looking into the efficiency of it because our cellar is a good 90 seconds from the bar if you're walking fast...

I'd love a cellar with a hatch in the bar, the pub my friend is assistant manager in has one of those and I occasionally help him out (especially when we were waiting for Midnight launch of FO4 in his pub haha)

New shorts (thanks random amazon voucher) - Helikon CPU shorts in coyote. Very nice, and stunningly large cargo pockets.

Also the talk I'm preparing for church in a few weeks is coming along nicely after a bit of writers block.

It's also a friends wedding in three weeks, and that's going to be great, and then I'm off to France in mid August with Mrs Tink and the in-laws.

Also a friend at church has apparently put my name accross for being a potential design/ tech assistant at a private school his brother works at, which happens to make a habit of restoring old land rovers, messing around with 3d printers, and all of the 'normal' D&T stuff I loved so much as school.

That'd be nice. 

Archived