Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found a screwdriver I need. I didn't know I needed it until it came up in my YouTube feed.

It won't really do anything I require of a screwdriver that a traditional one will do. But I need it.

Every screwdriver I own is designed to be twatted with a hammer if required. All German, all efficient. Adept at prying and having vise grips attached for more torque if required.

But this has a battery and an OLED display. It takes 4mm bits, so fit for undoing computers and not much else.

And it's 70 quid.

But it's pretty and I want one.

here is the thing you didn't know you needed.

Edit cos I'm drunk. Again.

Xiaomi do something a similar.  A bit easier on the wallet too for something that is a bit of a novelty.

https://www.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Wowstick-1fs-Mini-Cordless-Electric-Power-Screwdriver-With-Shadowless-LED-p-1076166.html

Xiaomi do something a similar.  A bit easier on the wallet too for something that is a bit of a novelty.

https://www.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Wowstick-1fs-Mini-Cordless-Electric-Power-Screwdriver-With-Shadowless-LED-p-1076166.html

But not as pretty and no display and not futuristic-looking!

I'm confuses. What is it?

It's a power screwdriver. Press button to undo/tighten instead of old-fashioned twisty wrist action.

Totally pointless but look so pretty.

I just have the correct screwdriver in all the sizes I need.

My wrists work.

The only power driver I need is to impact off rusty garbage on my mates Clio.

For computers I use these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kraftform-Micro-Set-Screwdriver-electronic-applications/dp/B009ODV0PI/

Taking advantage of free weekend play of Ghost Recon Wildlands to see how far in the story I can get.

Lots of explosions, helicopter travel, and bs ai.

I just wish I could dress up in adidas tracksuit or something to go with all these aesthetic Russian guns I unlock.

I have secured orders for two BTC Spectre MkII for next gens.

One for my M4 multitool (Currently building a 416 upper for it as well as looking at some others) and one for the 417 I shall be buying down the line.

Worst case scenario I sell the second one at what it cost me (I do not believe in scalping people for profit).

I might have sounded a bit knobbish there.

If I'm laying floor or some other thing that requires me to put in a billion wood screws I use an impact driver too.

You didn't, not to me anyway.

However, I can see you driving tons in by hand (fnar) through sheer stubborness!

I'm convinced I met a wizard yesterday.

Old white guy with a knee length grey beard and literally ankle length grey dreadlocks. He was wearing a long green canvas duster and black trousers and t shirt.

On top of all that, he had an incredibly calm demeanour about him.

Archived