Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back in from our last night in Birmingham, great bunch of people and we've had a laugh "studying hard" at the pub.

Might be meeting up with two of my dad's oldest friends tomorrow as they're in Birmingham and not seen them in years.

KJW M700. It's had a new action army fluted silver outer barrel, with stock recessed to fit and the inner barrel trimmed, crowned and polished to suit. Have fitted a maple leaf autobot rubber with the inner barrel bridge removed to fit. The stock has been painted with Rustoleum "aged iron" textured finish paint. The silencer was a king arms lightweight, but I have used some neoprene rubber washers as baffles and essentially copied the internal layout of the internals of my air rifle silencer so now it's barely a mouse fart when it fires.

Oh, and I made the sling out of paracord.

Most new garages are small. Big enjoy for a (proper) mini like yours, but I'm going to have to roll the corrado out to work on it, really.

Bear in mind you can get pre-fab ish timber garages for about 2 grand, plus a bit for insulation and wiring etc. Makes houses with no garage but big garden a contender - its something we were considering.

THIS GARAGE EVEN HAS A *fruitcage* PIT ALREADY INSTALLED!!! HOLY *suitcase* ITS HEAVEN. 3 PHASE, WATER AND A PIT? Deep enough for 2 cars too.. plus theres about 15 foot of wasted space behind the garage at the end of the garden that I could easily extend it into without noticing! HOLY *suitcase* BALLS! 

Be aware, if you don't have cash for refurbishment, it will cause friction between you and her.

Our whole house needed renovating, and we stretched to buy it as it's in a fantastic area, but it's taking ages to do up.

It's not so bad as I am handy, but getting someone in would cost a fortune.

Food for thought. At times my wife has just wanted to sell up and buy a new build..

You haven't gone camping until you lived in a house that needs serious repair.

Define "needs a lot"? Cosmetic repair only, or a total flip? Schmook is right, and on top of causing relationship problems, it could also put you in debt from the moment you officially own it. If you are not doing the work yourself, then having someone doing the work can make you go bald from all the hair you are going to pull from your head.

I helped flip two houses in my life, and frankly, I'd rent before I do it myself (which I kinda am, I guess). You really have to be a certain person, with a decent bank account. Even/especially if you do the work yourself. Get it inspected, thoroughly.

I'm a handy man, I can do basically everything or know people that can do it for me at mates rates. My father in law is an electrician by trade and has taught me the basics already so he can then certify the work etc.. She knows the risks and is pretty ok with it. My parents buy/renovate/sell property quite a lot so it's become a norm to be involved with this sort of thing.

After looking around realistically it doesn't need that much work. Perfectly liveable and way better than the soapbox flat we are in now. We could easily do it up over a year or so, only major expenditure is double glazing (currently has double pane aluminium jobbys which are perfectly serviceable for now) and possibly a new boiler in a couple of years. 

Sooooooo maybe its on the cards, have another couple to see tomorrow then we're gonna have a sit down and chat things over. 

BOOM BOOM BOOM?

I have a 25 year old dynatex grenade, two 15 year old dynatex grenades, a 10 year old dynatex grenade and a brand new pink VTG.

Even though the VTG is supposedly a direct re-manufacture of the original it feels like it is of significantly lower quality.

There is a bit of slop between the grenade cap (top of the grenade, not the screw off bit) and the body, allowing it to rotate, the originals never rotate.

The screw off cap is closer to the original than the middle ones but the knurling is less deep.

The punched/stamped spoon has sharp edges as if it hasn't been deburred.

The firing pin has room to move within the body of the grenade in both horizontal axes, on the original it is part of the striker and does not move in the horizontal axes at all.

Due to the above detail the firing pin hole is over bored, allowing the potential ingress of debris.

The material the grenade body is made of is not the same, it is lighter, less dense.  It feels waxy to the touch.  I am guessing but it feels like the original is something like PA6 and the new one has no fibreglass in it.

The original came with a reloading tool that was custom made, the new one has a modified screwdriver.  Seems a bit chip shop.

I am glad you can get new ones, they are a fantastic force multiplier.

I would rather have a used original than the new one though.

THIS GARAGE EVEN HAS A *fruitcage* PIT ALREADY INSTALLED!!! HOLY *suitcase* ITS HEAVEN. 3 PHASE, WATER AND A PIT? Deep enough for 2 cars too.. plus theres about 15 foot of wasted space behind the garage at the end of the garden that I could easily extend it into without noticing! HOLY *suitcase* BALLS! 

Double-ish garage with a pit and three phase?

BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!

Archived