Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

3 hours ago, amateurstuntman said:

Ha.

Military Specification.

The *suitcase* might be made by an awesome manufacturer but the spec was thought up by a comittee who had never used one.

We have them at work so I've never boght my own.

Air compressor however...

I only got this as it's a self-contained system for when I'm out in the sticks and filthy. 

Does the pinz not have a compressor on board? 

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 weeks back I was a overstressed, gibbering, shivering mess.
A visit to the doc sat me 2 weeks on my buttocks, at home.

Got a LOADS of work done at home, but at my own time. 14 days to sleep in, have a good thinking with coffee, time to read a book, and slowly coming up with solutions.
Tomorrow will be first day work after this and I actually look forwards to it. Energized.

Makes me smile :)

48 minutes ago, Lone_Bullet said:

2 weeks back I was a overstressed, gibbering, shivering mess.
A visit to the doc sat me 2 weeks on my buttocks, at home.

Got a LOADS of work done at home, but at my own time. 14 days to sleep in, have a good thinking with coffee, time to read a book, and slowly coming up with solutions.
Tomorrow will be first day work after this and I actually look forwards to it. Energized.

Makes me smile :)

Without making light of MH issues, that sounds like bliss. 

Everything else lately has gone to complete *suitcase* (current car not starting so forced to drive truck about, folks constantly fighting, etc.), but I did manage to shave that G&G Green bucking I had sitting about down to work as a flat hop bucking via my dremel.  I just installed it along with a lonex hop up unit and my prommy barrel into my main kalash and hopefully it might work (can't really test it at home). 

I also found a spare tightbore of unknown brand (I want to guess zci) in the closet of the same ak74 length, so if something I mentioned in another thread shows up and actually works, I might have a use for it.

Watching an episode of strike back (silent war) and the super secret, ultra elite section 20 are using baofeng uv5r radios. 

Just like elite airsofters! 

Made me smile, anyway. 

Other than that, it all seems legit. 

2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

It's on season 2 at the moment. Pretty decent imo. Some nice HK416, MP5 and 1911 pron.  A couple of the guys from The Shield are in it.  Some stupid moments but hey, it's just TV.

Ace, ta! 

Fantastic day out at the local field, weather was great (may have gotten sunburn a bit, was expecting dreary cloud cover and rain), and we had a great turnout.  Rolled with a few players from a team called Combat Junkies, of which one was given use of a microgun all day and it was a blast.  Bizon with extended barrel setup worked nicely, though hop was a bit wonky at times, still need to figure out settings for different weights.  Cyma 40d worked as usual, though I was arcing many a shot to try and reach out to people.  Only bummer was finding that the lonex chamber+flathop modded G&G green bucking combo I had put in the main kalash resulted in utter failure (talking 20 ft max with no hop applied), going to have to see if it the bucking or the chamber specifically, or else back to what it had before again.

Other slightly humorous note: Sumrak pants so big on me now that even when tied tight they kept losing retention and sliding down around my knees.  Think I might have lost too much weight lately.

Already thinking of stuff to go sink a paycheck into again.

A little question for you in the know if you don’t mind:

Sister is selling her house to an Army couple. They have put an offer in on the house and my sister had accepted.

How does the Army usually buy houses? I’m assuming that the couple says “we want this one please” and the army simply pays for it and charges the family rent?

And how often do these sort of things fall through? Do you often know your budget before you go Army house shopping?

Thanks guys x

The Army don't do that as far as I know.

What they do is lend you enough for a deposit which you pay back from your salary.

Usually they'd live there until they were posted and then rent the place while they were away.  I imagine the chances of it falling through are about the same as with civilians.

If the Army do buy houses for people I am quite off and have some questions for my old boss.

20 hours ago, Got Wood? said:

How does the Army usually buy houses? I’m assuming that the couple says “we want this one please” and the army simply pays for it and charges the family rent?

If the couple want to own the house for themselves they can buy what they want.  The house is likely to be their house for them without army influence - i've just done it and it's magical to own white goods appliances that work and won't have their plugs cut off.

The army sometimes buys job lots of housing, but rarely these days. Mostly they're selling it off.  If the army did buy the house and then rent it it'd be a nightmare to rent/resell when the couple move on (assuming they'd move after 2/3 years on posting).

The system is supposed to be that you can have a house subsidised (with an Army Help to Buy with return of service/hit on the pension) and if it's within 50 miles of your posted base you have to use it and commute.

Nothing special, I'm just content. 

Work is busy, and I'm getting to do more of the design and pricing of jobs, so more in the office pricing jobs at several hundred k, and on site maybe 60% now, instead of being all over the country fitting, which is good as I'm getting older and have a family. 

Self-employed so I can choose my time off. 

Venturing into drones, just bought a decent hobby one which arrived today, with a view to buy a half decent one in a couple of weeks. Had a couple of Chinese ones before and I wasn't impressed, but today has really surprised me it's insanely good for a hundred quid. My tax rebate may get hammered as I had a budget, but there are so many sweet dji options... 

Life is OK. Currently watching a film, got wine and got one of my dogs curled up in my lap. The boy is growing fast (both good and not good, meh!) wife is smoking hot still - she always will be -  holiday booked, car is still good etc etc. 

Life ain't bad. Still not had schnitzel with noodles though! 

Good to hear shmook!

Work busy as well (in the less positive way for me, my back!) but I figure I gotta make enough to fund my failures at gearbox tech work somehow (just ordered another mosfet unit to replace the nukefet that likely fried from the accident earlier this weekend.) 

I also still not had schnitzel with noodles sadly.

Good time at the local field again today, despite a nasty knock on the head from someone who seems to love shooting bursts to the head.  Ran around mostly with the ak104/5 as the bizon did not want to work with the pbs-1 well in short barrel form (and seemed to be acting up hop up wise) and my old aks-74 frankenstein decided to lose it's trunnion pin into the muck somewhere at start of first game.  Debating whether to take the pin out of the backup 74mn or transfer all the guts over to that one instead (since the aks-74 receiver hole is likely worn out too much).  Pulled off some fantastic flanking towards the end of the day.

After last week getting absolutely reemed out by my boss it ended with another manager taking him to oneside and politely telling him he's riding me too hard, unfairly and with no grounds.

This was nice, but no-one where near as nice as a weekend with my new dog.

Who is in my office sleeping in her crate.

IMG-20190513-WA0000.jpeg

Archived