Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manufacturers have to build up insecuritys and fears to sell products to people . Everybody is different , be it looks ,,build ,height or body mass .

Fat people get targeted as do skinny people , large breasted , small breasted ,

Everyone is systematically brainwashed and fed images of what is the ideal body from a young age . Everything is geared towards selling us products or services .

People get too hung up on it .

True Beauty comes from the inside , regardless of how you look .not from a product or scalpel or fitness regime .

It also comes from being in an environment that is conducive to healthy diets ,low stress levels and being happy with how you look . Unfortunatly none of these really apply in our image conscious , media advertising driven western country's . Where consumerism is the driving force that decides what is the acceptable , size , body type or look that people are brainwashed into thinking ishould be acceptable..

Pretty sure a lot of people round where I live, don't subscribe to the medias view of body type. Loads of stick thin skinny blokes and slightly larger than average women. I once thought, that the women round here suck the fat out of the men (it's in an x files episode, but in that, it's just one bloke praying on plump women).

What made me smile today, was the weather. It rained most of the afternoon and it felt great.

Watching someone try out Mercenary Kings.  If only it was on a current gen console, I'd start throwing money.

(Not putting a vid up for fear of Tinkerton's wrath)

Guess having a quiet weekend to myself is all good, though of course I'm used to that so it can be rather boring.  Got to the point where I kept wanting to go download Pikmin 3, but I held off.

Can't you just spend money on it via a card anyway?

I can understand the top up cards as presents but outside of that never got it :P.

Also as for me an amazing weekend, decided to take up archery, got laid, saw a good film and just had a pretty good weekend then I come back to work to see all my Tau stuff has arrived. Damn those weeaboo suits are addictive.

'FireKnife'

You had sex with a bow and arrow, jezzzzz-us! That's a hole new sport right there.

Rained again today and just had to take a walk in it, was very nice. Pre-ordered an ED-209 for my blu-ray shelf, it makes noises too (get in), don't worry, its not to scale.

I have no desire to have my personal information / card details held by a third party company that gets hacked on a regular basis . Also the card is then linked to the account permanently unless you jump through numerous hoops and hurdles to have the details taken off the system . Might do it for my account , definatly not for someone else's that I have no way of monitoring .. ..

You had sex with a bow and arrow, jezzzzz-us! That's a hole new sport right there.

Don't use that word around me as someone found out :P.

Either way I go to archery, low and behold I bump into a girl the same age as me that is a geek and a great laugh, I do seem to find them (no she is not the one I slept with before anyone asks :D).

'FireKnife'

A hole, is a hole, is a hole. As they say.

Just watched the dog track a fly for a good twenty minutes. Dumb *suitcase* walked into the couch, trying to get it (that's dedication for you). I shouldn't laugh, but couldn't help it.

That is true, oh how I know that is true :rolleyes:

But dogs are win and everyone should have one for all the fun things they do :D

Yet another string to add to your bow fk .. Lol

I would give you a 'ba-dum-tish' but I think this does better for that joke:

1gsf.jpg

'FireKnife'

What made me happy today is that the C.A.B were actually helpful to the boytoy. He will have to deal with the dark and evil ATOS soon though.

Also bmi is just arrrrgh one doc is hassling the boytoy about his weight. He is 14 stone 5 six foot tall with a 33 waist (last I checked when buying jeans) but the doc wants him to lose about 60lb so he hits the botton end of 'acceptable' bmi. Just arrgh he'd be a twig if he lost that much weight and I like him being able to manhandle me so I like the muscles.

Hey if I have to hear about fireknife's sexlife you have to deal with mine. In other good news the netbook replacement will be here soon to replace the one that set its motherboard on fire.

X-Files season 8 arrived today (thougth I had it, but couldn't find it), that's my nightly viewing for the next few weeks.

I always find FK's sex life comments to be tame, but some people would rather not hear. Just as some people couldn't give a frig about what makes me smile.

Oh and my daughter now says "yyaaaarrrr", when I say pirate (with a slight raise of her arm). Makes me smile.

just thought id slip the comment in there.

Teehee :P

Either way my comments have been reeled in a bit due to people moaning on and on about it, I mean if you don't want to read it then don't read it, just use the mouse wheel or Page Down button :D

'FireKnife'

So I've been at this job for about 7 weeks now, right?

Today, I come in to work and there is an email from the MD in my inbox saying that the stock room is a mess, and engineers are stripping parts off of good products to do the customer repairs and it is not acceptable.

He then went on to say that he'd thought about a couple of ideas I put forward last week and has decided to make me the new parts manager as he can see that I have the relevant experience and skills to turn things around.

Promoted in under 2 months.

*fruitcage* yeah.

Nicely done, as for me well you know it is going to involve either guns or women so make up your own story and you are probably on the miney ;).

Also is it sad that I find building Warhammer models oddly interesting. The painting bit bores the fluff out of me but something about the building and potential for conversion works for me.

'FireKnife'

Also bmi is just arrrrgh one doc is hassling the boytoy about his weight. He is 14 stone 5 six foot tall with a 33 waist (last I checked when buying jeans) but the doc wants him to lose about 60lb so he hits the botton end of 'acceptable' bmi. Just arrgh he'd be a twig if he lost that much weight and I like him being able to manhandle me so I like the muscles.

How can he even weigh 92 freakin' kilos with a 33" waist?! I weigh 70 kilos and wear 34" waist trousers, and I'm 6' too!

Archived