Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit my netbook is white, why? Well because it was £50 cheaper than the black ones racial discrimination has hit the computer world. Run away!!!!!!!!!!

'FireKnife'

Its the same with kitchen appliances and phones . Colour discrimination !!!!

We'll I'm made up!

Passed the first stage of screening for a.new career direction yesterday, after only sending the forms off on Friday afternoon. Apparently a 3 day reply is very quick!

Also related to that, spoke to and old mate who I haven't seen in years.

On top of that, baby is due on Friday!

I was given questions like 'Can you provide an example of when you have worked with other teams to ensure a successful outcome.' Or 'Can you provide an example of when you have been faced with unexpected issues that has caused disappointment, and how did you deal with this?' A third of the interview was asking me things like that to see how I deal with leadership and my communication skills and responsibility, etc. etc. and for one of the questions, a perfect example was one me my patrols at EW6 this year, where we had to work with several other sections and have an attached vehicle crew guy. I talked them through the planning, as a team and how the successful communication between teams led to a success that allowed us to have a broader view of the AO and allow the team to plan accordingly, etc. etc. it was a question about working with other teams but I managed to explain effective communication during the planning, execution and debrief, identification of strengths and weaknesses in a team in order to ensure the greatest possible success and also man management. It then led on to them asking quite a few questions about it and why I was there and they were impressed that I was willing to take on the challenge of the leadership role that was thrust upon me by Allan.

Basically, I waffled on about East Wind for 15 minutes and ticked a load of competency boxes they were after by the sound of it. It was a gamble, mentioning something that could potentially be seen as a bit weird but they were already aware of my experiences working alongside teams from the RAF and RSAF but EW really was a much better example.

For another question about overcoming and responding to unexpected change, I nearly mentioned a Chernobyl trip getting hijacked by some Yank *beep* from Lonely Planet but figured a work based example would be better for that one. :P

I got the impression things went well so just a case of waiting and seeing now.

I am Stunt's laptop.

I am 3 generations old and matte black.

I look exactly like the brand new ones and also exactly like the ones 3 generations before me.

What am I?

Pad and pen.

Look good on the outside , but its a bit like meeting a girl at a club , getting her in bed to find she has gel pads and tissue in her bra !

Done that. Got her back to mine, took her bra off, and her boobs were still in it. :(

Matte black, epsecially if it is rubberized makes for a Lenovo Thinkpad. However my experiences of them at work show just how fail they can be.

Either that or it is not quite matte black and is a Dell E6400 series, those equally suck balls.

Regarding Dells the work based systems went silver, black then gunmetal and black. Not sure why though.

'FireKnife'

My old dell is basically glued to its charger since I refuse to pay their battery costs.

Apparently I have the day off work, boss called and said I wasn't needed.  Bit odd considering last Friday they had two cart staff on hand.  Bit of a blight on my last work week though, and I got up at 6 just so I'd have time before work...

Mine is a Lenovo X200 and I love it like normal people love children.

It looks almost exactly like the X230 and X220 and exactly like the X201.

It also looks like the X41, X60 and X61.

It is similar to the X300 and X1 too.  I love the way it is unchanging.  Laptops should be all go and no show (in my opinion).

Chocolate rice crispy cakes, with two white chocolate buttons on top. Though, I am pretty sure, my wife is using our daughter as an excuse to make cakes. Not complaining. Hhmmmm.

Zombie game next weekend. Not sure if I should just take a pistol, and have an aeg as back up, as ammo will be very limited.

Archived