Pre-Game Rituals / Unique pieces of gear

Cancel

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The night before:

Prep kit with the same meticulous attention to detail i would if were real! Cans of air duster, check catches on SERPAs etc.

Walk about the house wearing fully packed vest and holster(s) doing regular stuff... washing up, watching tv etc to see if it is still comfy or needs adjusting.

Box everything up and leave it by the front door ready for a 0830 departure

The morning of:

Wake up at 0900 with the wife saying "shouldn't you have left by now?"

Race about like a lunatic getting washed and dressed.

Test the kindness of the traffic cops in my area on way to game.

Arrive late, miss brief, miss some of first game as i need to load my mags etc

Strangely, the only time i have been early is when i travelled from Germany to the UK for a game!

LOL, rituals.

Aside from the ritualistic gear prep, weapon prep, game prep and lack of sleep the night before, I usually like to ensure I have my fatigues ironed, boots nuggeted, and my old team T-shirt on. Plus I always load more than no less than 6 mags, as 4 is a bad number of mags to have in the webbing with 1 in the gun (silly Asian thing) :P

2 hours before check in time (it takes us 1 hour to get to the field), my friends and I will stop at our local Denny's. Fully geared and camo face paint. We have a light breakfast and chat with the waitresses, while getting a good laugh at all the weird looks we get from all of the customers.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that an airsoft game starts the night before, for me at least.

I dig everything out of my storage boxes and get it ready. Chest rig, beltrig and leg loads, weapons, magazines gassed and bombed up, toolkit, clothing, etc. I arrange it all in the front room in such a manner that I just need to pick it up and put it in the car when I'm ready to go.

I HATE waking up on the morning of a game and scrambling around to get all my *suitcase* ready. I invariably forget something and end up having a crappy day as a result.

I suck at lie-ins, especially on days off. If I'm playing at my local site, which is a 10 min drive away, I still get up at 6.00, even though I don't actually need to be there until 7.45. I like to take it easy, by making a good breakfast, a huge mug of sweet tea and sitting downstairs with BBC News, then get a shower and get ready to go. I've learned from past experience that waking up any later than 7.00 means that I'm rushing around, making a mess and forgetting things like batteries and ammo.

On game days at the CQB site I use that's 50 miles away, I'll drive down there the night before and take all my breakfast and wash kit with me. Sink a beer with the lads, get out the doss bag and get my head down in the vehicle shed. Bliss.

Before the game itself, I'll wear trainers until the last moment when I need to start getting ready, then I'll stick my boots on. I'll also have laid my rigs, gloves, kneepads, eyepro and other bits and pieces out on the ground, so when the time comes to start I can just throw everything on.

A bit of light stretching and some lunges to get warmed up, cup of tea, done.

Game on.

Night before: Pack all kit into my sports bag, proper LA Gangsta style :P

Morning: Get up, shower and check bag and food are together in the car.

Just before first game: Stretch and a admin reload, jobs a good 'un ;)

End of day: Regale others with stories of my exploites and my daring do while driving home, trying to dodge Sunday drivers on the A90.

'FireKnife'

Once, only once? I don't stop, there is always an aminal to be violated :P

Seriously one day i turn up to a new site and they have a little Westie scampering about, all the other times i go it is never there, it knows me already ;)

Oh forgot to add i have the pre-game Asda / Lidl / Tesco brand chocolate bar that is clearly a Snickers rip off :P

'FireKnife'

seeming as I was reminded by fireknife this morning;

at least once per round engage in pyronecrobeastility.

Once, only once? I don't stop, there is always an aminal to be violated :P

see above ;)

Oh forgot to add i have the pre-game Asda / Lidl / Tesco brand chocolate bar that is clearly a Snickers rip off :P

'FireKnife'

Aldi 'Roar' bars, epic winning and only 69p for a pack of 5 :P

Come down to our site.

I'll have the chief waive your green fee if you can catch and bugger one of the resident muntjack.

So long as i can use my 1911s and dress like Sean Connery in Zardos i am happy :P

Aldi 'Roar' bars, epic winning and only 69p for a pack of 5

I prefer Tesco Wild and Whippy, basically Milky Way and only 10 for 99p last time i looked.

'FireKnife'

Hmmm, tempting, too bad i am in the middle of smegging nowhere in Scotland for the forseeable future. :P

Though i could do with an airsoft road trip, need to find places that play during the middle of the week to make it feasible.

'FireKnife'

I like loading all my gas guns and emptying them as fast as I can on the shooting range. Scares the noobs like nobodies buisiness xD

Or when they are all setting hop and getting the hi-cap up to speed you walk up with a GBB and all they here is *phut*, *phut*, *phut*, *click, bang* and turn their heads to see you standing there with a pistol that has just put a shot about the same distance as what they are using :P

'FireKnife'

Archived