The Glock 18C has always been my dream gun, but i don't like the KSC version because of its complicated selector mechanism that has spurned some horror stories so i decided to just wait for the TM version. When the TM version came i was one of the first to buy one, as expected from a TM, the gun was accurate and solid, selector mechanism was simple, reliable and can be switched on the fly. I am able to go head to head with high cap M4s and got a lot of kills with it, just pure heaven for me. But as a TM, with plastic components, designed primarily for 134gas and the abuse i gave it, i know that it is only a matter of time before i break something and break somethings i did.

I broke the outer barrel and the slide with the use of Greeen gas, constant use and abuse. But i know that it is coming and since i really like this gun i prepared for it(financially and mentally). The metal slide and barrel would cost me USD115.00 and it would be perfect again. As i was about to buy the parts, i came across the STARK

S18C.

Glock475.jpg

The Package has a lot of flair as can be seen and when i ask for it to be opened

Glock476.jpg

i saw the Gun with a metal slide and plastic outer barrel, extra Metal Barrel and magazine feed lip plus a manual in perfect English.

Glock472.jpg

I was curious and started asking questions about it and was told that it was a relatively a new company in Taiwan, WGC is the only store that is selling it (don't know if it is true) and it is a TM clone. The last two words got me really interested and since i have my TM Glock 18C with me i asked the store if i can compare them side by side.

Glock489.jpg

Glock490.jpg

Glock491.jpg

The lower receivers are almost identical internally except for the last picture where they differ but i like the Starks internals much more.

Glock477.jpg

Glock482.jpg

Glock484.jpg

Glock483.jpg

Glock487a.jpg

The upper receivers internals are identical except for the recoil springs wherein i will say that the Starks is much better because it has a separate buffer spring which WORKS!!!

Glock488.jpg

The barrel above is the plastic one. The metal barrel of the stark is same as the TM with compensators.

Glock495a.jpg

The Starks Hop rubber i will say is also better with a built in groove in it for added accuracy. It is like having a MadBull Shark hop nub in there except that this one is built in the rubber( i think since i did not open it but i can see the hop arm is same as the TM). Same as WE hop rubber(Green one on their GBBR).

Glock474.jpg

Mags are same except for the lower part.

In conclusion, I bought the Stark S18C because i can live with the markings(i just imagine that it was made by Tony Starks STARKS INDUSTRIES). But mainly because it was a TM clone that was done much better than the original. It Shoots harder(310FPS and up to 345fps on a warm day). Accuracy i still need to find out after a couple of use so it can properly set in.

Also the Stark costs USD 115.00 so for the price of a metal slide and barrel i got a whole gun as spare with extra mag. i don't know which one will become spare but i'm inclining it will be the TM.

The Chamber housing(houses the hop and inner barrel) in the TM is a bit tight when installing in the Stark's outer barrel but the Latter will fit well on the former.

The Slide on the Stark is too tight on the TM receiver but i think that in time it will fit with much use. But the Tm's plastic slide will work well with the Stark.

I will give more details in the Stark as i use it more often but for now as i received it and plinked with it, i can say that it is much better than the TM......for now.

Edited by PanteraTigris

Yep your right. I even watched it, but forgot about it.

Yep they say all mags cross fit and function.

Still an unbiased view from someone who has bought one would be nice. I have a single second hand Army G17 mag and while it fits and functions in my TM G17 it is slightly off size, the fill valve has been replaced to a TM, and the Army gas router sits slightly higher than a TM.

They work, but i would buy TM mags over saving a small amount of money on other brands. So updates from Pantera on the mags, i wait with great interest.

:)

Thanks for the review, it's very encouraging so far. The split bucking is a nice touch but I've never used one that didn't eventually start shooting to one side. At least they're trying to make improvements to the design rather than build a straight copy using the worlds weakest metal (looking at you Meister).

I ordered one of these from Asiaairsoft, and it's been languishing at "processed through HK sort facility" since the 14th of December!

Very nice write up and photos.

You say the mags are the same apart from the base. Do they interchange and function well in each other ?

A quality pistol that can run on TM mags is of interest to me (have a TM G17 & 4 mags already)

Completely interchangeable and functioned flawlessly including the TM's 50rd mag.

Used it last Sunday and as expected it performed like a TM and better. Had a lot of kills with it. Oh unfortunately it was rather cold that time so i don't know if it was a factor because Gas charge for all the mags was for one loading only. But considering that it was firing at 310fps it was ok, i will update next sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself one now.

Out of the box no lube whatsoever so it was a little sticky, quick spray with silicone oil later and all is well.

Seems to cool down quickly, I doubt a mag dump is possible in anything other than high summer temps.

Not sure wether to keep the plastic barrel in or swap to the metal one.

• 4 weeks later...

Any owners find there is excessive resistance at this point in action of the slide:

0dQFa.jpg

MtPZK.jpg

The slide can be REALLY hard to pull at that point, which is effecting gas efficiency.

At the moment even with a warm mag it cannot empty a full load of BB's.

I have found at my last skirmish it can also cause the pistol not to feed.

Anyone have this also and know which part is causing the resistance?

• 3 weeks later...

Any owners find there is excessive resistance at this point in action of the slide:

0dQFa.jpg

MtPZK.jpg

The slide can be REALLY hard to pull at that point, which is effecting gas efficiency.

At the moment even with a warm mag it cannot empty a full load of BB's.

I have found at my last skirmish it can also cause the pistol not to feed.

Anyone have this also and know which part is causing the resistance?

I think the hammer is causing friction on the slide, I have that problem on my TM as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Stark last week (with trades) and have to say a great little pistol but with some negative points (always going to happin with a new company producing a new product) the frame and slide along with the internals are top notch but some of the fittings leave room for improvement such as the sights, recoil guid rod and the selector, which I think need replacement asap.

I think the Stark g18 is better then the tm g18, I got the one with trades (tai wan g18 in tokyo model) and also have the glock 17 and have used the g18 and while I think the marui glocks are good pistols I much prefer the Stark g18 mainly because the lower reciever is better made and more realalistic (even better then the guarder frames), the slide is better qulaity then the guarder slides with perfect fitment and the internals are on a differant league that look better and dont wear as fast. The only thing about the stark is you wiil need to spend a few quid on new sights (cos they suck and the markings come off easy), a new guide rod (cos its plastic), a new mag release would be nice (although the stark mag release has a metal insert to prevent wear) and maybe a new selector (just because the detonater one looks better). After all these up grades the stark glock is unbeatabley good. Look at the marui side by side with the stark and the marui looks like a plastic toy even marui must have realised this because there newer models like the XDM have mush better looking frames and slides that look ten times better and more realalistic then the shiney marui glock ABS.

If nothing beats TM fitment and quality why did you upgrade the slide, barrel and frame?

Tm came with plastic slide and plastic barrel. I wanted metal. I also wanted a new frame because my TM came with orange on both the frame and the slide which sucked.

The Guarder frame is much nicer than the TM one for sure...