Hi guys, Im going to keep the writing here brief, mostly because Im terrible at writing reviews. I hope the pictures speak for themselves, please post if you have further questions / picture requests. I will TRY to add a review of the actual light output of the Element LLM, but I can safely say its much better than the VFC, and very close to the Element M6x.

6641007501_9031eb6e1e_b.jpg

Okay, here's the front of the packaging. Note the phrase " The most excellent LLM-01 replica in the world. I admire their confidence

6641012507_f2290ae305_b.jpg

The back of the packaging, showing adverts for some of their other products.

6641022031_aafd20f149_b.jpg

Whats in the box. Provided is a pressure pad, and a cover for the port, and a sticker set for the LLM.

6641058967_c792658afc_b.jpg

Right side. Notice the Oerklion trades. They seem to be different in size and position to the VFC ones, im unsure as to which is correct.

6641054303_179b12e58a_b.jpg

Left side. Notice the other Oerklion trades. Also notice the selector switch on the side, which is fully operable, unlike the VFC version.

6641048909_2124ed5cd2_b.jpg

Battery cover open. Notice it takes 2 CR123 batteries as opposed to VFC's single battery setup.

6641038473_1eea58f64d_b.jpg

Faces of the VFC and Element LLM. Notice the different torch faces, the Element has a cover over the lens, which isn't strictly accurate. But I appreciate it, as it stops dirt dropping into the central section of the lens which is recessed. Also notice (Despite the poor quality photo) that the Element actually has an IR illuminator above the main flashlight, and also an IR laser module on the left side, as shown here:

6641043923_562bf49d3b_b.jpg

Face of the Element LLM. Once again, excuse the poor quality on this photo.

6641069359_680f784414_b.jpg

Pressure pad attachment points for the Element and VFC LLMs. Firstly on this photo you can see that the Element and VFC pressure pads are of different sizes, and are NOT interchangeable. I must point out here that I did away with the VFCs pressure switch because I really couldn't get to grips with it on my guns, it was totally unusable on my MP9, and quite awkward for the position I wanted on the G36. Both of the jacks on the ends of the pressure pads have a nut that hold them securely into position. I prefer the Element one, because although its a smaller and therefore less rugged jack, its angled at 90 degrees which allows a much more comfortable mounting position on my MP9. Secondly, You can see the RIS attachment systems for both torches. The Elements system is much longer, and uses 2 allen bolts on one moving 'arm' as opposed to VFCs smaller system where both 'arms' are adjustable and are bolted in with single bolts. The real version has either a QD clamp, or a system very similar to the VFCs.

6641073773_31dc5183ea_b.jpg

Sticker set. Once again, excuse the poor quality photo. It comes with English, German and another variety for left side of the LLM, im not sure if this is for early & late versions of the same torch. Also, they come with Element stickers for the bottom and top of the torch, which although will for 90% of the time go straight in the bin, I thought quite a nice touch.

6641064315_923904f9dd_b.jpg

Last but not least, the instruction manual. only 2 mistakes here and they aren't very bad ones. Firstly it describes the main flashlight as Halogen, which it is definitely not. Secondly theres a small type at the bottom where it says "tu rn off the light"

So, theres a quick overview. If I can get you any more photos (Apart from actual illumination demonstrations, im very ill so I cant go get fresh batteries just yet. I did try with 2 batteries from my M6X, but I cannot guarantee how fresh they actually are) just ask. From this review, I've learned its DEFINITELY time to get a new camera -.-....

Edited by ollie_ty

Something I have noticed, is that the push buttons on the body of the Element LLM are so much more tactile and nicer to press than the VFCs, which are quite deep set and covered by thick rubber, making it hard to tell if the button has clicked into and out of its depressed state.

I'd be interested to see a comparison between the two torches.

If there's little to no difference I will be sticking with the VFC version I already have, I will never use the IR stuff and that would be my only reason for having the Element one over the VFC.

• 2 months later...

A little threadjacking: micro review.

Torch: Its sweet. Not quite the concentrated beam of the Surefire M600 replica i have. But damn, its a lovely small bright blinding light, think of a white dwarf locked in a can.

Visible Laser (Red): Alright, nothing military grade. Havent thoroughly tested yet.

IR illuminator: Its ok, doesnt throw a lot of IR light down range, which is good i guess. For when only a little is needed.

IR laser: Heres where i thought this would be the true party piece of the device. Well it aint. Its slightly more concentrated than the IR illuminator. Definately not a laser in terms of a small accurate dot.

And so adjusting this "laser" to the rounds point of impact is pretty much point - less!

Taking into account its 5 minute trial, I can conclude it might be better adjusting the red laser to the pistols zero. We shall see...

EDIT: Yes the visible laser has proved accurate for use with my nvg's. Even though its visible, the dot is clear from short to medium ranges, it will have to do for my 72hr op next weekend, just have to be quick at vanquishing my targets i guess.

nvgmk23.jpg

Edited by Big Tony
  • 2 weeks later...

Big Tony, how easy do you think it would be to open it up and replace what is supposed to be an IR laser with an actual IR laser? I have my LLM sat at home back in the UK waiting for me and I bought it on the strength of the IR laser. If the one in there is rubbish, do you think it would be viable to open it up and replace it with something better?

Big Tony, how easy do you think it would be to open it up and replace what is supposed to be an IR laser with an actual IR laser? I have my LLM sat at home back in the UK waiting for me and I bought it on the strength of the IR laser. If the one in there is rubbish, do you think it would be viable to open it up and replace it with something better?

It really depends on how good you are with electronics. I guess it might be possible but then again I'm quite primitive when it comes to electrical devices. There are points on the unit where one could attempt to open up, screws etc.. But at your own risk mate.

And yes the IR functions are poor!