Built for Under $100

I thought this might be an interesting topic, to see what resourceful airsofters have built from leftover and free parts. So that doesn't mean a $60 spring shotgun with $30 of accessories on it, it means a gun built from leftover or free parts that would have totaled well over $100 if the gun or parts were bought new. For example, a friend gives me a broken gun for free, I combine it with some leftover stock parts from upgrading other guns, maybe use a few upgrade parts that were free, used, or new, and the total cost is under $100 (so if you simply take $100 worth of upgrades that you bought for another gun and transfer them to this gun, it doesn't count as free, but if someone gave you those upgrade parts, then they are most certainly free). I'll start with a couple AK's

My CQB gun:

CQBAK.jpg

UTG Warhawk rebranded CYMA CM.028 with broken stock and no selector -$18 off EBay

used selector -$8

PDI 120% spring -free from a friend

stainless steel tightbore of unknown brand -free from a friend

new piston head o-ring, shims, grease, etc -~$0.10

CYMA black AKM/74 grip -free take off from upgrading my AIMS

TM M16 flash hider -free take off from TM M733

basic Mosfet and Deans -~$6

1300mah 7.4v Turnigy LiPo -~$6.50

Satin black Rustoleum paint -$4.50

my time and labor spent cutting, filling, filing, sanding, and painting -free

Total (including shipping)= $43.10

Shoots about 320fps, plenty of range and accuracy for CQB, handles great, and looks different.

My new loaner gun:

LoanerAK.jpg

Echo-1 AK47 rebranded CYMA CM.042 with snapped off front end and no grip or dust cover -free from a friend

CM.02 gearbox shell, gears, and motor from my AKSU -free leftover from AKSU upgrade (original CM.02b shell with echo-1 7mm bearings and motor was swapped to AKSU)

muzzle, pistol grip, rear sight block, dust cover, and selector -free take off from swapping JG Beta Spetz to CM.035 receiver

inner barrel, outer barrel, and front sight -free take offs from upgrading AKSU

modified wood handguards -leftover from using DBoys AKSU front end to upgrade my AKSU

basic Mosfet -~$5.50 (was taken from AKSU during gearbox shell swap when AKSU got better wiring)

2000mah 7.4V Turnigy LiPo -~$9.50

my time spent disassembling, finding and modifying parts, and reassembling -free

Total= $15.00

Really ugly, but it has a metal receiver, feels pretty solid, shoots pretty straight at 400fps, and doesn't die on the person who borrows it. Still need a dust cover latch/tab though (duct tape works fine for now).

So who can top that for value?

Edited by DanHS

You say the second one's ugly but I personally think it looks pretty tidy for a parts bin special (looks pretty damn close to my own deliberately made AK too, so I'd apreciate is you didn't dis my taste :P).

So are we gonna say under £100 for the Brits? Like in the 1K thread, where they say over £1000/$1000/ €1000.

Anywho, great idea for a pic thread. I have a couple which should fit the bill - I will try to post up as soon as possible. My custom TM famas is a good case in point, I got the main shell of parts for just £35 originally. Must admit I've spent a bit, but it'll definetly come in under £100 when its finished, the reason I know is because the whole idea of the project is to make an awesome gun for under £100. Once I reach £100, thats it, its not going to get any more awesome :)