KWA KRISS Vector... here we go!

memberTGC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird. I've seen a few videos saying different stuff. Just watched one saying it'll take ATP mags. I assume there is a guy from KWA fielding questions. It's odd in one video they say the extended mags are 50 rds and in another they haven't finalised it yet.

agreed hitman, the only video i wouldnt trust is from evike, as they are useless there .... but i agree lots of differ Q's .... personally is say there'd be more luck to fit 1911 mags , as those are suppsoed to replicate .45 which is what the Kriss is; whereas a glock is 9mm (expect for the G21)

It's weird. I've seen a few videos saying different stuff. Just watched one saying it'll take ATP mags. I assume there is a guy from KWA fielding questions. It's odd in one video they say the extended mags are 50 rds and in another they haven't finalised it yet.

All the conflicting information coming from KWA's own reps is pretty strange, at best.

I love it where they seem to ask a rep a question he will either look off screen to some one behind the camera or just not know ...

In the airsoft gi video the rep straight up says "no number yet on the magazines." It's like dude, the magazine is right there, you didn't get a speedloader and see? Very strange, maybe they should have gotten someone there from KSC to answer questions.

I actually wish they had made the magazines more like the MP7 mags with the exposed lock-down follower, it makes those magazines A LOT (in my opinion) easier to load.

The only way for them to hold 70 rounds would be if the mags are 'tripple stacked' which is just silly, or at least partially tripple stacked.

Either way I would want 70 rounds in a mag as I doubt it could get 70 rounds out of a mag (gas wise).

Though it is also crazy, stupid and idiotic that it doesnt take standard Glock mags that are already available, like it has been said it is airsoft! Whats the difference about a few mm? between a .45 & a 9mm..

I prefer mags that fit into speedloader pistol adaptors. That is the easier way.

The only way for them to hold 70 rounds would be if the mags are 'tripple stacked' which is just silly, or at least partially tripple stacked.

Either way I would want 70 rounds in a mag as I doubt it could get 70 rounds out of a mag (gas wise).

An MP7 magazine can easily do 100 rds+ on one fill of propane, it would be doable, but I doubt they have the length for that even though the extended 21 mags seem a bit longer than the MP7 mags. 50 rounds seems accurate though.

The Kriss Vector uses a Glock 21 sized magazines, which is for the .45 ACP, just like the real deal. That means it is NOT compatible with the ATP magazines, which uses the 9mm Glock magazines.

Someone who's at ShotShow please clear this up? It'd be annoying if you couldn't use old Glock magazines in this gun.

just watched videos on this; and this gun is NOT compatible with regular glock mags; they are making new mags for it; as like said above it uses glock 21 style mags as is a .45 gun whereas regular glocks are 9mm ... so for those saying it uses current glock/9mm mags are wrong; this will have its own mags

as for rounds, the short roundsd are 24-27 ; and the long extended are at about 70

Just to confirm, despite conflicting reports, the current design of the KWA Kriss Vector magazine holds at least 70 rounds, and is efficient enough to fire all 70 rounds, if not even more.

*Continue the he said this, but he said that*

Just to confirm, despite conflicting reports, the current design of the KWA Kriss Vector magazine holds at least 70 rounds, and is efficient enough to fire all 70 rounds, if not even more.

*Continue the he said this, but he said that*

Actually, I'd ask your information source :P that would be more helpful.

Actually, I'd ask your information source :P that would be more helpful.

Thanks for asking so I can clarify as I'm not used to people disregarding my information and sources, from the forum I'm from.

I was at KWA, before the reps left to Shot Show, to take pictures and videos of the Kriss for the Fan/News website KWA Central, that I help run. Hence, the pictures I posted up on the second page... and the video posted on Airsoft2Day... In other words, I handled and dry fired the KWA Kriss for a short time myself, and had the chance to ask the Sales Manager Allen who some of you saw in the video, about the magazine.

I'm only here to help clarify as little as I know... which is surprisingly what everyone is asking... the magazines.

well that, I think qualifies you're statements quite nicely. 70 rounder it is? Nice nice.

Edit: Just for clarification, does it use Proprietory mags, or is it comptabile with current ATP mags? I might have just read your post wrong, but definitive answers are nice from someoen who's actually handled the gun. :)

It's nice just to have someone acknowledge what I'm trying to say. ^_^ Much appreciated!

KWA never made a Glock 21, 30, or 36, which uses the .45-sized magazines. So.. yes the KWA Kriss Vector uses proprietary magazines. The magazines from the KWA G17, 18, 19, 23, 26, 34, ATP, and FPG will not work in the KWA Kriss Vector. However, this magazine for the Kriss Vector stores at least 70 rounds, at the moment... (Always subject to change before production)

The chances of KWA shrinking the mag-well design to take the previous Glock/ATP magazines instead, I think, is very unlikely because the KWA Kriss Vector was not only a considerable task for them, but they had to deal with striking a manufacturer agreement with the Kriss company, and devoting much time, money, and resources just to make it as true to the real deal. To accept the old Glock and ATP magazines would be economical, but very unrealistic for such a hyped SMG. That'd be like shoving a 74 magazine into a AK47...

Luckily I haven't spent any money on glock mags. :P I'll still be in the same boat of having to buy up the magazines. However, 70 rounds a magazine sounds like a very skirmishable GBB.

Thanks for asking so I can clarify as I'm not used to people disregarding my information and sources, from the forum I'm from. I was at KWA, before the reps left to Shot Show, to take pictures and videos of the Kriss for the Fan/News website KWA Central, that I help run. Hence, the pictures I posted up on the second page... and the video posted on Airsoft2Day... In other words, I handled and dry fired the KWA Kriss for a short time myself, and had the chance to ask the Sales Manager Allen who some of you saw in the video, about the magazine. I'm only here to help clarify as little as I know... which is surprisingly what everyone is asking... the magazines.

If this is the case you should probably let KWA know, since your information conflicts with the specs they have listed on the Vector's product page on kwausa.com...

If this is the case you should probably let KWA know, since your information conflicts with the specs they have listed on the Vector's product page on kwausa.com...

It conflicts. So what? That's why they call it a prototype, not the final design. As if KWA didn't shove 70 rounds into their own prototype Kriss Vector's magazine and see that the website says 50, for a SMG that isn't even released yet. :fear2: If you guys really don't want me to help clear up some information, I'm more than happy to share it with other communities that are far more respectful and deserving.

...If you guys really don't want me to help clear up some information, I'm more than happy to share it with other communities that are far more respectful and deserving.

Where are these Utopian communities you speak of? I must be missing out.

It's nice just to have someone acknowledge what I'm trying to say. ^_^ Much appreciated!

KWA never made a Glock 21, 30, or 36, which uses the .45-sized magazines. So.. yes the KWA Kriss Vector uses proprietary magazines. The magazines from the KWA G17, 18, 19, 23, 26, 34, ATP, and FPG will not work in the KWA Kriss Vector. However, this magazine for the Kriss Vector stores at least 70 rounds, at the moment... (Always subject to change before production)

The chances of KWA shrinking the mag-well design to take the previous Glock/ATP magazines instead, I think, is very unlikely because the KWA Kriss Vector was not only a considerable task for them, but they had to deal with striking a manufacturer agreement with the Kriss company, and devoting much time, money, and resources just to make it as true to the real deal. To accept the old Glock and ATP magazines would be economical, but very unrealistic for such a hyped SMG. That'd be like shoving a 74 magazine into a AK47...

Luckily I haven't spent any money on glock mags. :P I'll still be in the same boat of having to buy up the magazines. However, 70 rounds a magazine sounds like a very skirmishable GBB.

hey, great to see real info from first hand experience to partly put the issue to rest. I am in same boat of not having any glock mags, and knowing the extended mags will hopefully hold around 70 rounds goes make it worthwhile to put the cash down for

hope the price of the gun and mags arent insane though. Thanks for the info "water"

So, should we start a pool to guess when this will be actually released? "Never" and "Not this year" both valid responses, of course. :)

I still think they should've gone with the older version of the KRISS; the new one's stock looks like *albatross*.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like one lol.

Could be worse, they could have done the K10.

Archived