KWA KRISS Vector... here we go!

memberTGC

Just watched the video on the main Arnies news page. Confirmed as 50 rounds per magazine as I thought! Which is damn fantastic as those mags are massive, so massive gas capacity so there should be little cooldown.

Mags looked about 25% larger than standard mags so im excited.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The metal slided USP that went wrong straight away? About the only one i could remember.

Though as for cloning KSC guns? What about KWA, now that they claim to be a seperate comapny, they didn't come up with those designs themselves.

But it does say something about them compared to TM when it is the TM pistols that always get cloned nowadays ;)

'FireKnife'

Are you implying that KSC designed the KRISS?

Nope, i meant the range they started out with when they tried a go at being a seperate company, just KSC cloned guns with metal slides and higher FPS output.

I always thought they were the same company?

From what i recall they were, until a few years ago then they sort of split in to two seperate ones, KSC and KWA. This is why KWA seems to be releasing guns that KSC are not, yet they still have a lot of guns that are KSC but with stuff that is allowed outside Japan like metal bodies and higher FPS outputs. Look at the TT-33, Kriss and Makarov, which KSC have nothing to do with.

'FireKnife'

They haven't been for a long time. Actually, I don't think they've ever been "the same company". From what I understand, KWA was the primary OEM manufacturer for most (all?) KSC's product line. Two separate companies. A few years back, KSC stopped designing the guns for the most part and KWA took over the majority of the design process. KWA has a lot of very talented product designers over there. The KRISS is 100% KWA's design with KRISS Arms feedback. KSC was not involved in the KRISS GBB design in any way. Having shot the real gun in both 45 ACP, 9mm, suppressed and non-suppressed, semi, burst and full auto, and then also tested the replica, I will tell you KWA did a fantastic job of replicating the mechanics and feel of the gun.

From what i gather it was:

KSC and KWA were both the same company and the guns were KSC for Japan with Japanese QC, plastic slides and low FPS outputs and KWA made the same but under export QC and with metal slides. This lead to a lot of people not knowing which one they had and KSC guns appearing in KWA boxes and vice versa (this is pre System 7 / NS2 days).

Later on they both became seperate companies in their own right and one sells its designs in Japan with potential for export while the other sells its designs around the rest of the world via wholesalers.

As for the Kriss this is an example of KWA coming up with fresh designs, unlike the MP9 and MP7 which clearly are KSC guns with uprated FPS and different markings. Still it is good to see a Kriss in airsoft, nice original design instead of another typical gun.

'FireKnife'

Archived