KWA KRISS Vector... here we go!

memberTGC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KSC and KWA used to work hand in hand, almost sister companies. KSC being the brains in Japan and KWA on the manufacturing side in Taiwan (very similar to STAR Japan and ARES Hong Kong). KSC products were only really intended for the Japanese market, pretty much like any of the big Japanese names so KWA distributed their line as sort of an export version. Eventually KWA was bought out and became KWA USA which is why were seeing a whole different line of management now spearheading their own designs and making a larger international scene.

Though as for cloning KSC guns? What about KWA, now that they claim to be a seperate comapny, they didn't come up with those designs themselves.

'FireKnife'

Fireknife, KWA's top engineer are from KSC and transitioned more than 10 years ago. With in the last 5 years have absorbed additional engineers from various Japanese companies. So to say KWA don't have any original design is completely false.

KSC and KWA used to work hand in hand, almost sister companies. KSC being the brains in Japan and KWA on the manufacturing side in Taiwan (very similar to STAR Japan and ARES Hong Kong). KSC products were only really intended for the Japanese market, pretty much like any of the big Japanese names so KWA distributed their line as sort of an export version. Eventually KWA was bought out and became KWA USA which is why were seeing a whole different line of management now spearheading their own designs and making a larger international scene.

It's true KWA still work closely with KSC. However priority has been shifted to oversea's because of expending global market. As for KWA bought out become KWA USA, I'm not sure where that one comes from. <_< The fact is, KWA USA (Master US distribution a.k.a importer) bought out by KWA (a.k.a. Yih Kai) in 2011 and became KWA Performance Industries. Inc. and all KWA business development and marketing have been transferred to US operation. Those who are wondering what is Yih Kai, that's the parent company and the main OEM for KSC. You'll find that same name on the TT-33 hang tag (non US version). There is a lot more about Yih Kai's history but I'll leave that for another discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know. they usually suck with initial demand. i still have a pre order to fill for an hk .45 mag and they dont seem to be interested in getting more of them. they regularly run out of stock quickly on release and take a month to restock. hopefully the total lack of availability means they are trying to make more krisss and mags for it to meet potential demand.

Aww, I thought the bump was an update. I gather they must be having some last minute issues as we've had no word for ages.

Allizard said this on Aug 28th on the KWA forums in regards to confirming the magazine capacity of the Kriss:

50 round mags is what the initial specification. We can't confirm until the production sample is release which will be another month or two away.

Xmas 2012 may be a possibility, but who knows considering the number of times the product has been delayed. I guess when your development time from first announcement stretches past two and half years you just kinda ask yourself "what's a few more months."

As god damn excited as I am I think for once im actually going to wait till a couple months after its release, wait and see if there are any teething issues with the SV system. Also so I can buy 4 spare mags at one go :D

I also reckon theres going to be a massive shortage to start with.

maybe hes referring to the 2011s which were only described as a project that was simply burried. as in, not completely dropped at least, something in my heart told me to ask about them. i was thinking at first he was reffering to the super v design in the vector

Archived