Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

http://airsoftoutletnw.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/magpul-pts-announces-the-pdr-aeg/

Magpul PTS brought a working prototype of the Magpul PTS PDR airsoft rifle. This ultra-compact CQB rifle is seriously one of the coolest designs I’ve ever seen. The Magpul PDR was a project that never saw production, but Magpul PTS has greenlighted the PDR project. The first model seen here is the PDR-C. Our facebook page will have photos and other coverage from the Show, so check back for photo posts and write-ups later this evening.

MINE.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Magpul have missed the point.

If it never saw production then it's simply a fantasy/fictional class weapon. Airsofters, on the whole (or very very largely) are interested in replicas of real steel. After many years in skirmishing and Milsim and having owned countless AEG/ GBB weapons, I have seen only a very tiny number of fantasy weapons (e.g. from scifi movies) being sought, traded or manufactured.

I think it's likely to be viewed as a curiosity at best.

You'll be fairly unique holding that fantasy/fictional AEG. I hope I don't ever seen it on the Milsim field!

If it never saw production then it's simply a fantasy/fictional class weapon. Airsofters, on the whole (or very very largely) are interested in replicas of real steel. After many years in skirmishing and Milsim and having owned countless AEG/ GBB weapons, I have seen only a very tiny number of fantasy weapons (e.g. from scifi movies) being sought, traded or manufactured.

You'll be fairly unique holding that fantasy/fictional AEG. I hope I don't ever seen it on the Milsim field!

I guess I should throw away my KAC PDW replica then huh?

If it never saw production then it's simply a fantasy/fictional class weapon.

Prototype is the word I think you're looking for.

Not everyone is into milsim, infact I'd say a fair portion of players aren't that concerned about having very realistic loadouts, plus it's a seriously nice looking gun.

If I was after any more AEGs that'd be at the top of my list, yum!

That's because I'm a purty flower snowflake, running around in my USMC kit inspired from Battlefield 3, playing background music from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex in my head, calling my hits and taking objectives like a boss. :D

Edit: And I'm also curious how they'll fit a battery in there.

If they manage to find a way to GBB that system, yeah, that'd be also awesome too. XD

From Airsoft Action's FB page:

"10.5" barrel, fully ambidextrous (charging handle, mag release and ejection port!).

Two-stage trigger (no more selector switches) - first stage is semi and full pull is full auto.

Can use P mag or any AR15 mag and takes a 7.4 or 11.1, 1,000MaH battery in the pistol grip plus has a 9" upper rail.

Although it utilises a proprietory gearbox, it uses standard high wear parts such as the piston and gears."

This is very realistic as AEG.

Because there is no realsteel(yet?); it can be said that the real one would sound like a sewing machine and have variable ROF based on what battery is used.

Sooner or later; realsteel world will catch on...and we will have futuristic bullpups for all and maybe even mech suits.

Think about the propmakers for TV series! They got a new futuristic rifle and they don't have to carve one from a bubble bath bottle, wood scraps and a super soaker!

They need an actually decent TV sci-fi series first. XD

As far as I remember; Battlestar Galactica already ended.

No, I think your missing the point. If magpul whispers at the idea of somthing (FPG for example) ... It doesnt matter if they release it or not, seems like a protogun is good enough. Just like the KAC PDW and XM8 ect....

On a side note, think I finally found my perfect CQB gun.

Archived