Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it never saw production then it's simply a fantasy/fictional class weapon. Airsofters, on the whole (or very very largely) are interested in replicas of real steel.

And those of us who aren't at all interested in looking like we marched out of a factory will enjoy our tiny little new carbine that looks cool as hell, thank you.

Wow that gearbox design is ingenious; I'm seriously surprised they managed to fit a full size GB in the back of that gun. Here's hoping MOST of the parts are normal-GB compatible.

I'm definitely getting one; thank god I have my hands on some money now, this and the Bizon are just going to be epic for 2012 :)

I couldn't give a monkeys about the airsoft version appearing before the real thing, the FPG was exactly the same after all.

A compact, lightweight, ambidextrous (for getting round them corners) bullpup with legacy magazine compatibility is exactly the sort of gun I've been hoping to see for years. There's plenty of people out there rocking 10.5" ARs in woodland, which makes this thing an ideal all-rounder in my eyes, certainly at British FPS limits. The positioning of the mag catch is fantastic as well.

Off the top of my head, a basic lever with one end holding the mag in. When you press in the button end, the back end sticks out and releases the mag. You can see in the video it doesn't exactly drop out, so a very close fitting system.

Making the above ambidextrous however, is the real trick!

Anyone else notice that Scaar's name is Gregor Gruber? Awesome.

Also, I'm buying one of these. Was going to get a KWA MP7 or Kriss as a backup gun for my Mk.18, but this takes the same mags as my primary, has the same length barrel, uses the same batteries (also, not gas), and can be thrown into a backpack. Perfect.

i love AATV for always giving us the info we really want. i couldn't wait to see what the PDR had inside, i almost thought it was going to be an AEP, it so thin and tiny! for those still into halo, with that setup you can build the assault rifle. i can get MP5s shooting out to 200 feet accurately without flat hops, so this will definitely be a capable all arounder.

OK, leagacy compatible magazines and a decent length barrel and well thought out mag release, I use liop's all the time now.... Well I think I am sold on buying one and it reminds of something from Ghost in the Shell, so its on my wish list and money put aside in the bank for when it eventually comes out.

Cheers

Rich

Archived