Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop a pre-order with LWA myself today. Hoping a pre X-mas release, just because it'd be nice to start the new year with it :P

Would definitely be interested to know who the gearbox is made by (having an NDA on it sucks, but that makes it all the more interesting). Had the ACR for 2 years now, completely stock, and not had any problems with it, so even if it was the same manufacturer, wouldn't be complaining.

I'm hoping for a comparison review between the PDR-c and the Type 97b.

Both stanag, both smallish lipo sized batteryspace, both bullpup, both non standard replacement parts.

So a lot of same positives and negatives so far.

The VFC 416C is tempting too, though, with thats standard V2 gearbox...

Well, I think it comes down to whether you want a shortened assault rifle or a PDW. The Type 97B is roomier, has more substantial grips, a fire selector and whatnot and is slightly easier to sling (The PDR being designed for a proprietary shoulder holster thing.) Same for the 416C. The PDR has more of a "Glock" design philosophy, only the barest of essentials to run the gun, mostly. I just think of it as a P90 fed by STANAGs.

To be brutally honest the battery space issue is putting me off it !! At least with my PDw 99 I have various options open to me for battery's and with its Lonex mag and predator kit fitted it runs m4 mags with a large 11.1 3900 . So no ammo or battery issues , will have to see it inside and out before making up my mind on this one

It's my lazy day gun !!! Lol when I have my litlun s and the mob with me skirmishing am to busy between games to change battery's and refill mags so this does the job !!!

Also , everyone seems to take their hits when I shoot them with this gun , think they are worried I might hold the trigger down and pizza face them !! Lol

Slight off-topic but usefull tip for micro-switches and for ppl with problems using em.

First off: You should be using a mosfet with one that has a MS in it regardless but one of the most easiest ways to "shock-proof" a micro-switch is to open it up, look for the "button" that goes outside, the simply remove all the complex bits off the switch and GLUE in a TINY micro-switch like this:

(Random googled pic)

http://img.nobodybuy.com/2008/12/09/sales264814/0x0_p473073/tact-micro-switch-with-3kgf-stem-strengt.jpg

(These come in many shapes and sizes, find one that fits or sand some model down)

The idea is that the tiny switch has VERY small travel-distance in its button and its very simplified compared to the somewhat complex construction of your original switch. Once glued properly it should hold nicely and carry the needed current to open the fet. The trigger-pull is rather heavy force against such a small switch so theres no room left for it to "vibrate" unlike the wierd bits you were supposed to pull out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to topic: So, umm... How reliable are "pre-orders" usually these days? Anything airsoft ive ever pre-ordered has eighter been cancelled eventually or arrived WAY later then actually adverticed. I smell this will be hot item when it hits the markets and may take some time to re-stock too.

I dont wanna camp the sites of the major retailers in hoping of getting a one when its out before its sold out again... AND I WANT ONE, NOW DAMIT!

we already talked about that. being a bull pup, the top rail doesn't come back far enough to place an RSA on there for a sling. the gun would tip upward when slung.

You could paracord the loop just in front of the magwell and put an RSA up front for a two-point, though, which would fit the whole PDW concept of the rifle.

Maybe ill pick one up in a year when theres a nice one with a broken gearbox comes up :D

It's a HK game, they ship all the bad ones to the UK. :D

A reverse 1770 experience...    

sorry  :(  I'll leave my self out.

About 1.5 weeks ago I put in a pre-order for one at Ehobby.  I was one name in a very long list.

They finally have a firm promise from PTS (and this is the first time that PTS has given such a promise it seems) that it will be release in early January, no price yet.

At this point everything is ready and made and ready to ship.  Everything from the box to most of the manual.  Gun itself is all sorted as well.

For those of you still wondering about threading, it's 14mm-  but it's inset into the receiver.  So any supressor you attach to it has to be narrow enough to fit inside or you will have to use an outer barrel extension.

The manual has been finished for several months now. The packaging has been finished for around 7 weeks. The guns have been in production for a while but they're releasing the entire first batch all at once.

I heard less than 3 weeks ago they had to go back and fix up a few small inaccuracies in the explosion diagram in the manual.  This was from an inside source in PTS HK

Maybe they are like me and hate christmas... Blinky lights, booze smelling santas in every shop and those irritating xmas songs over and over again in every channel on the radio...

Jan 19th is nicely my birthday, since i gave myself a xmas gift and put a new car in order it will be a perfect excuse to go spending again.

Archived