Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasnt it supposed to be around 350 dollars? Not sure what rate pounds go but doesnt those prices put it up to 400+

The "value-added-tax" in the country i live in just got a raise, again so im trying to aim for cheapest i can find. VAT, customs and shipping+vat will hurt my poor old wallet a lot just for a toy gun.

Wasnt it supposed to be around 350 dollars? Not sure what rate pounds go but doesnt those prices put it up to 400+

I'm sure it'll be around the expected price in HK stores, but by the time UK retailers have shipped it over here, paid whatever taxes they have to, incurred the costs of stocking the product in their store then actually factored in some profit for themselves, the price ends up being very different.  £350 is about $560.

:: Major OT and rant incoming, ::

please disregard if only interested in the gun.

Its not the money, its where its going. Looking in my garage, i can say i can afford it.

Local coverment decided to cut the support of single parents, war-vets and those looking after sick relatives at home while increasing the allready massive VAT and soon after their own salaries that now go up to 15k € a month in avarage plus travel fees, cost coverage and often classified 'expenses-account'

Considoring most of this tax-money goes to salaries of ppl making desisions like these i will do any and all in my power to pay these filth as little as possible.

If i didnt have over 50 ppl working for me including multible single parents whose childs daycare i now pay on top of their salaries just so they can feed their kids and live well i would have ditched this country a long time ago...

Call me cheap or whatever as a toy-gun hardly adds up the big picture but even so.

:: RANT ENDS ::

That said, im hoping to see these in HK-shops soon with those nice hk-pricetags.

Theres allways a bit of room to "negotiate" in local customs office and ever since half of them got fired they are happy too see the mountain of packages get one smaller and move on to more important stuff.

Yesterday I have about 10 glorious minutes of hands on time to lovingly and thoroughly fondle my PDR, yes MY PDR LOL.  The rifle was rather sticky after being returned to the rack.

OK for some points:

You CAN mount any 14mm- muzzle device except a silencer (unless it's one of those super thin silencers).  With an AAC or other type flash hider that then takes a QD suppressor, you will NOT be able to mount the QD suppressor.  You will have ot use an outer barrel extension.

The trigger is smooth as Kim Kardashian's rear "trunk".  Length of travel is relatively short and there's rather long amount of travel before it goes full auto.  So it's unlike you will be surprised by the full auto coming on.

Rifle is VERY solid.  Despite the small number of locking pins between the lower and upper receivers, the tight tolerances and ridgidty of the PTS polymer makes it like a brick.  No play whatsoever.

The mag release has a bit of slop and mushyness to it.  Unavoidable I think.

Thanks to the opening for the charging handle, you will be able to run a wire through the gap and connect it to an external battery if need be. 

Speaking of wiring, it's thick 16 gauge on the gearbox, yay.

My only real gripe is the short length of pull and the super short pistol grip.  My pinky almost has no space.  It was clearly designed for users smaller than myself haha

That extended grip seems like a must, not just for the battery-space but making the gun look more balanced with a long mag.

So no offical word on the grip, when or even if it will ever come?

Aaaaand i'd like to know when gun comes too :D

Yesterday I have about 10 glorious minutes of hands on time to lovingly and thoroughly fondle my PDR, yes MY PDR LOL.  The rifle was rather sticky after being returned to the rack.

OK for some points:

You CAN mount any 14mm- muzzle device except a silencer (unless it's one of those super thin silencers).  With an AAC or other type flash hider that then takes a QD suppressor, you will NOT be able to mount the QD suppressor.  You will have ot use an outer barrel extension.

The trigger is smooth as Kim Kardashian's rear "trunk".  Length of travel is relatively short and there's rather long amount of travel before it goes full auto.  So it's unlike you will be surprised by the full auto coming on.

Rifle is VERY solid.  Despite the small number of locking pins between the lower and upper receivers, the tight tolerances and ridgidty of the PTS polymer makes it like a brick.  No play whatsoever.

The mag release has a bit of slop and mushyness to it.  Unavoidable I think.

Thanks to the opening for the charging handle, you will be able to run a wire through the gap and connect it to an external battery if need be. 

Speaking of wiring, it's thick 16 gauge on the gearbox, yay.

My only real gripe is the short length of pull and the super short pistol grip.  My pinky almost has no space.  It was clearly designed for users smaller than myself haha

any chance to have a look at the gearbox?

• 2 weeks later...

Well by the looks of it PTS are finally gearing up to send out the first batch at the end of January (although I'll believe that when mine turns up at my door from Land warrior)

This f'book post might cheer you up!!??  (Every day, it gets a little bit closer!!)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=494528120598535&set=a.177468215637862.51866.176332535751430&type=1&theater

PTS has not now, nor ever, in the past used Ares as an OEM for any Masada, PDR or other PTS products. PTS has never stated as such either. This is simply popular opinion of various vocal individuals across various different public forums. And quite frankly I'm tired of the misinformation. As you've shown by your own statements, the opinion of these individuals has now been interpreted as fact, when in fact they have nothing more to back up their beyond the fact that the internals are extremely reminiscent of what others have seen come from the likes of Star, Ares and a couple other manufacturers. Yes, the "evidence" is compelling. I won't argue with that. And not knowing what I now know, I at one point felt there was strong validity to this popular belief. But then I saw who was actually involved, who was OEM'ing the items, and then I knew it was not in fact Ares. People will believe what they want. And when I have the energy to dispute it, I will, but to be quite honest, I generally could give a *fruitcage* anymore.

* Edited for clarity

Archived