Good Snipers For 330 Euro or under

TheAndyMan

Im looking to buy a sniper for up to about 330 Euro. I was thinking about either the Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-SPEC or the Cybergun version of the Mauser PRO Tactical but I dont know which one is better. If someone could tell me which one is better or if they could suggest a better one I would really appreciate it thanks.

im a good sniper

but buying people is illegal

and i would cost a hell of a lot more than 330€

avoid cybergun like the plague (in general) and the mauser pro (in specific)

its a cheap chinese gun the trigger mechanism will break and and the stock bends when you pull the bolt and the plastic is from such a poor qualtiy that it breaks under normal use

and its not based a real gun

buy a jing gong bar 10 its just as good as the vsr 10 only cheaper

you also should have a good barrel and a heavier spring and maybe some more upgrades

Your in Ireland mate and will have NO advantage over any gun on the field but all the disadvantages of a boltie.

Mod an m4 into a dmr style weapon so at least you have a full auto option when playing against the spray and pray folk. The JP rifles style front sets look very nice.

If you like to sneak around in a ghillie-suit I would recommend a bolt-action rifle, preferably the Jing Gong bar-10. Upgrade to a VERY good barrel, PDI, EdGi or Prometheus and a good bucking. Make it as air-tight as humanly possible and make it silent. With the correct style of play and some 0,30g bb's you'll have a very capable setup.

If you don't want to sneak around, get a long barrel AEG and do the same mods to this one. Very good barrel, bucking and air-tight, and don't forget to make it silent. With these mods you'll have a good advantage on the field.

• 1 month later...

For any bolt action sniper I personally would recommend the Warrior MB-06. A lot of people don't like how it looks but personally the whole set up feels far more comfortable to me than normal boltie stocks. They come with a velocity reducer so out the box you're looking at 280 FPS, with the reducer removed (take the bolt out and unscrew it from the nozzle, it's that easy!) you get about 430 FPS. They have phenomenal range without any mods and are fairly accurate, usually a barrel clean and some barrel spacers help a lot. I shot someone from about our sites MED (30 meters) and they said they couldn't hear the shot, they only felt the round hit them. On top of all of that, they're dirt cheap for what they are.

Perhaps VSR G-SPEC and go for pure silencing, run it at 328fps and use 0.28g. I have used a factory standard one and found if you shoot at moving targets they rarely notice your shots unless it hits something close to them. I shot alot of people with it. I carbined the rear of the stock, as I am a small chap and makes it better for crawling about etc

I suggest that the most practical gun for sneaking around, is the TM MK23 NBB pistol, with silencer, on green gas using 0.30g pellets or SGM if you are loaded. I just use 0.30g lol. You can get long range hits and its quieter than a G-SPEC plus semi auto (if you don't cock the hammer for each shot.)

Honestly, the MK23 is the way to go. Keep it factory standard and just invest in mags, pellets and gas with a good belt kit. The MK23 is designed to be a primary and it is certainly capable of that, if you play right. Have a second GBB pistol on your belt too to repel people assaulting you. Go as light as possible and be prepared to exploit the advantage of crawling with a pistol. This might not be the answer you are looking for, but with your sites restrictions to 328fps; it is the most practical option; in my experience.

Good Hunting ;)

P90 IS a very good choice indeed. A few years back when I started my airsoft career there was a guy at a local field who ran with a bone stock TM p90. That gun had awesome range and accuracy. With a tightbore, good hop-up and a nice lipo it will be a very good alternative to say a VSR-10.

Any AEG with a drum style hop-up will do well. P90, AUG, G3, SIG, G36 - though the P90 is a good choice for being compact and having a very sturdy internal arrangement to hold the inner barrel in place.

G3s are great, but you NEEEED to have a metal one or the body flex ruins accuracy. M16s can be good, but it is VERY dependant on the hop-up unit. Pro-win style drum hop-ups are good.

• 2 weeks later...

i have seen some reasonable action from the MB06 with some fettling. One of my site snipers is a crack shot and it is a whisper quiet rifle. If only the hop unit was bang on and the trigger box not made of cheese it would be my top recommendation for an otb spring rifle.

i hear EVERYONE says that the mb-06 is really quiet. But mine shoots at 80db what's up with that??

VSR G-Spec has a 300mm barrel - thats getting towards CQB length. P90 is 247mm.

Hop quality has more to do with range (after pure power).

For Ireland you're limited to 330 (350?) so VSR is probably the most accurate gun you can get - just keep it stock.

-----

Not possible to turn a P90 into what I would call a sniper rifle. DMR, maybe. Converting a P90 to a ultra quiet DMR is not something I would recommend for a beginner but it could probably be done...

If I wanted a short semi auto sniper thats almost silent I would go with a TM mk23 socom.

-----

For an AEG? Well anything really. TM m14 socom would be my choice for a DMR though.

TM M14 socom is a great bit of kit as a DMR, but very heavy compared to most platforms.

I have seen a couple of P90's with longer barrels (covered with silencers) but they looked cumbersome , P90's are also very much an aquired taste.

A "marmite" gun , you either love them or hate them, I find the heavy trigger to be annoying (I mostly used my P90 for quick double taps / semi only CQB)

and the mags awkward to carry.

Since I fitted my M4's with Madbull ultimate hops my TM M14 has been relegated to the loft, the range difference wasnt worth the extra weight.

A well setup hop is the key to range and accuracy.

Jim

Both have madbull blue rubbers with h nubs.

Working well but a tight fit in the hop assy and had to trim a few mm off the length of the rubber to get the c clip on.

They dont like real cold weather (-5c sucked) but paired with guarder 0.28's they're damn good.

Jim

Archived