Sniping without hop

Sallinen

If you have the machining know-how, since you are running HPA which will give you consistent output, I suggest making an LRB if you can do so properly. Check out the classic airsoft forums.

It won't be anywhere near easy but if made properly it will out shoot a good amount of upgraded AEGs

I do not have the know how nor machinery to do a LRB. Also I have understood that the LRB isnt the solution for accuracy, its just good for long range.

I am not in the search of ultimate range, Im searching for an easy and simple solution for good accuracy and I have understood that Tanaka M700 hopup isnt the best.

Just confirmed, my base gun is the BELL made copy of the Tanaka. I suppose Ill get the G&G rubber pack and give the gun a try.

Pretty sure you can fit a VSR style hop to a tanaka.

http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10596

Just done a very quick google and I found this. NO idea if it fits but if it does then 38USD seems a tiny price for a gas sniper rifle...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/spartan-doctrine-chamber-conversion-kit-for-tanaka-m700-m40a1.html

• 4 weeks later...

VSR conversion kits work well.

the M700 does not have a bad hopup, just the stock bucking and spring loaded nub are bad, replacing the spring+nub with a section of cut O ring or rubber round stock and cleaning the grease off the hopup square does the job.

LRB does not function in a sniper rifle, the added accuracy is largely a myth.

Maximum accuracy is obtained by minimal hop, since the bb will be spinning anyway you want to control its axis of rotation, too much hop and it is prone to inconsistency.

make sure you seal the hop area, hopup, nozzle area, and barrel trunion with plumbers tape.

At the risk of taking several unseen and unheard shots to the backside, have you considered modifying a P90 or similar? I know it is not a sniper rifle in the purest sense, but given the distances you specified i figured you could save yourself from pulling your hair out!

I only ask because there was one i saw. The guy had an extended barrel within a suppressor and had done some kind of sound proofing mod to the gearbox housing area. His was still a full blown AEG but was whisper quiet and compact.

Perhaps with suitable upgrades to make it a "sniper-able" weapon and a semi-auto only modification this would suit your needs and be a considerably less stressful build?

**flinches in anticipation of a sore backside** (make your own jokes!)

at the ranges he is describing I don't think a p90 would be a good fit.

AEGs generally can't pull off the same accuracy, though followup shots can be fast, its easier to locate an aeg user (both through sound and visually) than a longarm user.

If he was going to go the "not rifle" route, i'd suggest a TM mk23, Ive recently converted one to a full rifle and it is horrifyingly good.

TDS is bang on the money.

I recommend the chamber conversion, I think it is better than the stock tanaka hop system. Someone else used my m40a1 tanaka and got a confirmed hit at 112 yards (laser ranged). It was firing circa 550fps. He used 0.40g Madbull.

Be sure to get the 9ball vsr hop rubber for the conversion. I have a PDI 6.05mm 554mm VSR barrel fitted.

I rate it.

Good Hunting ;)

@loki7491 Well, as I already have a M700, I am going to use it. Also I have already moved out of AEGs so I have no more lipo charger nor batteries. External air is my thing.

@TDS I had a TM Mk23, loved it and kinda hated it, have thought about getting one again. Was kinda put off when my conversion to fit a VSR 330mm barrel inside wasnt a straight fit. Didnt have the nerves to cut the barrel a little back then.

@The Bushman I already have a 9B bucking lying around, I think I'll have to give the conversion set a try.

@kazik_ The idea for the rifle is to get it as short as possible and as useable as possible. With the same sort of idea like IMP-221 prototype by Colt.

As it will most likely spend the most of its life on my back as the gun that will be used when no other snipers are available, I am going to try to make it as short and light as possible and some sacrifices are necessary and welcome if they make the process of making the gun easier.

@TDS I had a TM Mk23, loved it and kinda hated it, have thought about getting one again. Was kinda put off when my conversion to fit a VSR 330mm barrel inside wasnt a straight fit. Didnt have the nerves to cut the barrel a little back then.

I go over the top with my modifications, way over the top, to the point where I stopped posting about how my guns shot anywhere but here years ago because I got tired of children being upset that their 1200$ aeg, in fact sucks. So a mismatched barrel isn't really an issue. I see external air source as largely unnecessary, but you can get a ton of performance out of the mk23 platform with as much TLC, and very little $.

G Spec barrel is 300mm and will be a straight fit...

Well the problem with the gun was that the 300mm PDI .05 barrel I had, had a ramp on the barrel which pretty much disabled my hop up as the hopup arm thingy wasnt strong enough to press the hopup I had(9B).

Nowadays performance isnt so necessary to me, my favorite gun is a SP M653 which shoots all over the place and doesnt have a functional FA for now.

External air was/is an option that would have helped with the accuracy of following shots and as I already have a good rig, why not use it. GG is very expensive around here... With 4 euros worth of air I can shoot 4000 shots with my rifles, imagine the price when 500ml GG can costs 16 euros... Bad comparison, I know it.

This project is on a hold for now as my favorite gun just got some upgrades on the way...

Archived