WE sig226, anyone got one yet?

Jimmypie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

why the hell would you want to decock a 1911/2011? If it's in my holster it's ready to go, if it's in the safe zone the mag is out. Grip safety is there to help prevent NDs and to be fair the 3 main airsoft brands 1911/2011s i h ave used have done well with this safety.

• 4 weeks later...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://news.gun-street.com/2012/04/hop-up-hop-up-wargame-hop-up-tokyo.html%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DtfI%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:de:official%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-TW&u=http://news.gun-street.com/2012/01/we-f226-p226.html&usg=ALkJrhhgu1Yj_drg2SVLBXICAMd9NvDnnQ

A short review from a chinese website.

Some points

"the internal parts of the same with Japan Tokyo Marui ™ P226 system.The most special is the carriage of the tail attached to imitation guns firing pin design"

The frame is slightly bigger

And it wont take in TM mags

why the hell would you want to decock a 1911/2011?

A: You live in the 1930's

B: You are an idiot

C: You don't know that cocked and locked carry is the fastest and most accurate draw to shoot style

I could go on but that is enough :P

As for the WE P226 it is a WE why would anyone bother, especially as it is not happy with TM mags.

'FireKnife'

why the hell would you want to decock a 1911/2011? If it's in my holster it's ready to go, if it's in the safe zone the mag is out. Grip safety is there to help prevent NDs and to be fair the 3 main airsoft brands 1911/2011s i h ave used have done well with this safety.

A: You live in the 1930's

B: You are an idiot

C: You don't know that cocked and locked carry is the fastest and most accurate draw to shoot style

I could go on but that is enough :P

As for the WE P226 it is a WE why would anyone bother, especially as it is not happy with TM mags.

'FireKnife'

Or D: Trying to promote his agenda to sell the WE pistol but grasping for a 'good' reason as to why the p226 is better than a 1911 :P

Otherwise I'd say it's B :D

Or D: Trying to promote his agenda to sell the WE pistol but grasping for a 'good' reason as to why the p226 is better than a 1911

The real P226 only has the advantage of capacity over a 1911, but as it is knocking out 9mm that isn't an issue. The double action style of firing without a manual safety is for idiots that can't remeber to knock off a thumb catch before they fire, you know, the kind of people that have to keep a slip of paper with their PIN on it in case they forget it :P

However lets not this get drawn into a P226 / 1911 comparison as the 1911 will win and this is about the WE and why no-one has reviewed it much yet, aside from the fact it is a WE pistol and will be *suitcase*.

'FireKnife'

A friend of mine got this last week. The slide was torn in half after 100 or so rounds.

Looked like factory defect to me, but knowing WE this would put me off if I was after a P226.

Does not fit molded holsters as the slide is indeed fatter than the Marui and the real steel one. The only holster it fit was a Fobus one (because of the tension adjustment screw i guess.)

Other than that performance and finishing was good, but I would pay the extra $ and get a TM one.

But still their pistols need A LOT of improvement.

You mean need to be scrapped and left to better makers and cloners like KJ :P

But even their GBBR line isn't that great, just they are in a market with not that much competition to compare against at that price range.

'FireKnife'

Ugh. on r/airsoft every pistol post is about "So i'm buying this WE" or "i want a <$100, full-metal, green-gas using gun", it makes me cry :'(

Ah some people just worry me, when there are many better options out there :P

Seriously KJ Works are around that price and are much better.

'FireKnife'

The real P226 only has the advantage of capacity over a 1911, but as it is knocking out 9mm that isn't an issue. The double action style of firing without a manual safety is for idiots that can't remeber to knock off a thumb catch before they fire, you know, the kind of people that have to keep a slip of paper with their PIN on it in case they forget it :P However lets not this get drawn into a P226 / 1911 comparison as the 1911 will win and this is about the WE and why no-one has reviewed it much yet, aside from the fact it is a WE pistol and will be *suitcase*. 'FireKnife'

I would've disagreed with you about the pistols since the new WE guns from whatever factory they used (most likely same as Hk3P) are pretty damn good; except that it seems the p226 already has a problem as Atsalakotos noted >__>.

And yes, 1911 is superior I'd agreed :P Only thing I'd like more is a 1911 with increased capacity (not those SVI 2011 bling bling ######, I want a TM para ordnance already! :P)....

Oh and quit complaining about people wanting to buy the <$100 full metal pistols :P Just savor the delight when you tag those people at 30-40m with a stock TM :D

Oh and quit complaining about people wanting to buy the <$100 full metal pistols :P Just savor the delight when you tag those people at 30-40m with a stock TM

I don't mind the sub £100 ($150) guns so long as they are decent ones to begin with, you can get a KJ for that price and they are better than a WE. :P

Plus i am more worried about tagging the AEG guys at good ranges, lucky i am a light and sneaky bugger ;)

'FireKnife'

There's some nonsense in this thread about real 1911s vs real 226s.

Obviously, for most people it's a matter of taste.

For airsoft, the difference is (in no particular order) a: does it fit your personal loadout, b: which looks nicer, c: which holds more rounds, d: which feels more comfortable in your hand..

Would you rather have a P226 over a 1911? It's a matter of taste - An airsoft 1911 is rarely BETTER in any measurable way than an airsoft P226 from the same manufacturer (and often from any other manufacturer at a similar price).

A TM SIG will be better than a WE one, but will a WE 1911 be better than a WE SIG? Probably not...

Cheers.

For airsoft, the difference is (in no particular order) a: does it fit your personal loadout, b: which looks nicer, c: which holds more rounds, d: which feels more comfortable in your hand..

If you are a left handed user (and from what i see you are snowman) then using a P226 will put you at somewhat a disadvantage over a 1911 or Beretta (both M9 and PX4), that is the point i was trying for, the rest was really just pointless nonsense (hard to detect in all my posts :P). But yes it is what works for you, but somethings are just not built for all users.

'FireKnife'

Archived