WE sig226, anyone got one yet?

Jimmypie

Aside from a very heavy double action trigger that feels like you are going to break the gun and the issue with the two piece magazines splitting at the join and stripping the threads (rare though) i can't think of any more.

To add to that the only one I can think of was a bad batch of magazines years ago.

A lot had dodgy flow valves which were leading to very poor gas efficiency, mine on the other hand just jammed open (spring popped out of the flow valve itself) on it's second fill of bbs. Thankfully that's an issue that just seemed to effect a batch soon after they released them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did have a magazine leak but it was easily fixed. I do only use duster, but it can get really hot here in the summer and propane/green gas is reserved for "all metal" pistols (my summer propane guns being a TM G17 with PGC slide and KJW 1911A1). I have had issues with some other TM's like my G18c which is having some trigger issues and a Detonics every now and then has a hammer issue and a magazine that is leaking. I'm also concerned about problems that have been talked about regarding the TM 5-7 of which I have two.

So I will admit that TM is not "bullet proof" but the TM P226 is probably as close as you can get.

Of all the makes i have had and played with TM is the only one that has yet to go horribly wrong for me, yeah ok a few leaks, a bit of a disconnector issue on the 1911s but other than that nothing too bad. :P

KWA, KSC, WA, WE, KJ and HFC have all given me issues, with KSC and WE being the worst hence why i won't bother with them anymore.

However as for the 5-7, just don't run it on Green and you will be fine, it was never really meant to handle more than 134a ;)

What was bad with the KSC?

Floppy hammer, meaning it didn't need to snag on much to catch it and fire it off. Terrible DA trigger pull (Marui has that too). Mags leak and not the easiest fix. The sights had a habit of wandering if knocked slightly (though this affects a fair few KSC / KWA designs and a few TMs that don't have moulded sights. Plastic slide would gradually wear away at the point where the slide lock engaged it, leading to no slide lock at all (again happened on a fair few KSC guns, TM used a bit of metal or other type of locking on the catch to get round this).

But hey they are not the worst, just nowhere near the best. Plus with the KWA you get PTP markings in huge letters down it.

'FireKnife'

Floppy hammer, meaning it didn't need to snag on much to catch it and fire it off. Terrible DA trigger pull (Marui has that too). Mags leak and not the easiest fix. The sights had a habit of wandering if knocked slightly (though this affects a fair few KSC / KWA designs and a few TMs that don't have moulded sights. Plastic slide would gradually wear away at the point where the slide lock engaged it, leading to no slide lock at all (again happened on a fair few KSC guns, TM used a bit of metal or other type of locking on the catch to get round this).

But hey they are not the worst, just nowhere near the best. Plus with the KWA you get PTP markings in huge letters down it.

'FireKnife'

Thanks I guess TM is still the safest way to go. Shame on the KSC and the WE though. I had my mind set on the FM KSC 226 but passed after I saw a WE up close .

The latest FM KWA P226s deal with the plastic slide but other than that while the TM has it's issues too it is the best of the bunch.

Personally though i would look at the E2, deals with a few of the TM issues and you get the new one piece mags.

'FireKnife'

Personally though i would look at the E2, deals with a few of the TM issues and you get the new one piece mags.

The new E2 mags are still held together in the same way as the old P226 mags so they'll potentially still suffer the same problems.

They do look far nicer though, and given how ugly the old ones were that counts for a lot in my book.

Ah some people just worry me, when there are many better options out there :P

Seriously KJ Works are around that price and are much better.

Have you even seen this new WE pistol? Do you have any way of proving that their design and quality control hasn't changed?

Stop spouting your opinion as fact.

Have you even seen this new WE pistol?

Yes

Do you have any way of proving that their design and quality control hasn't changed?

Surely the pics on page 1 prove that

Are you over-opinionated and hyporcritical yourself? Yes.

'FireKnife'

Anyone who actually bought this Gun and can make à review?

I get some peoples opinion about WE that I've read about for 4pages, but some lines from the WE p226 owners would be great if not usefull! :)

Anyone who actually bought this Gun and can make à review?

I get some peoples opinion about WE that I've read about for 4pages, but some lines from the WE p226 owners would be great if not usefull! :)

I posted a picture of a friend's slide.

Broken in half after 100 rounds, isn't that enough for you? If not, I can make a review of a broken gun probably...

It isnt enough ;)

Need statistics and reviews in alots.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill but some say it's yay while others say ney.

Need to straighten things out.

And yes, i can speak for myself in this case. :)

Surely the pics on page 1 prove that

Those pictures were posted after your original post, and there's nothing wrong with being overly opinionated and passionate, as long as you properly demonstrate that what you're stating is in fact opinion and not that you have the foremost knowledge on the subject.

Lemons have been and always will be an issue with any airsoft manufacturer, taking one piece of evidence and blowing it out of proportion is not good science. Have you ever considered writing for The Sun?

Hopefully anyone who doesn't have all the facts when they come across this thread will read our exchange and note down to take your exaggerated claims with a pinch of salt!

Surely the point is this.

This mysterious company HK showed up on the airsoft scene about a year ago. I've never read any hard facts about it. While they seem to have their factory in mainland China, they also clearly have links (design team???) with Taiwan.

They bring out the TM PX4 clone. Everyone loves it.

Then WE brings out a PX4 clone. Obviously, it's the rebranded HK.

Then, more or less simultaneously, HK and WE bring out some new Glock models. They aren't identical, but there are lots of commonalities. It seems likely that HK is manufacturing at least part of the WEs, or else that both the HKs and WEs are being made in the same OEM factory.

Then HK and WE P226s come out. Again, they look a lot alike.

Given the wide success of the HK PX4, the real questions are (1) how much of that decent HK quality has filtered into the Glocks (haven't seen any complaints) and the P226, and (2) to what extent are the WE and HK Glocks and Sigs the same or different. Hard to answer without someone having an example of each in front of them and taking them apart.

Surely the point is this.

This mysterious company HK showed up on the airsoft scene about a year ago. I've never read any hard facts about it. While they seem to have their factory in mainland China, they also clearly have links (design team???) with Taiwan.

They bring out the TM PX4 clone. Everyone loves it.

Then WE brings out a PX4 clone. Obviously, it's the rebranded HK.

Then, more or less simultaneously, HK and WE bring out some new Glock models. They aren't identical, but there are lots of commonalities. It seems likely that HK is manufacturing at least part of the WEs, or else that both the HKs and WEs are being made in the same OEM factory.

Then HK and WE P226s come out. Again, they look a lot alike.

Given the wide success of the HK PX4, the real questions are (1) how much of that decent HK quality has filtered into the Glocks (haven't seen any complaints) and the P226, and (2) to what extent are the WE and HK Glocks and Sigs the same or different. Hard to answer without someone having an example of each in front of them and taking them apart.

WE bought out a PX4 clone? I think it's the same as the HK3P since there isnt a PX4 with WE trades and I think those retailers who label the PX4s as WE just labelled it so that people will buy it because it's WE (and there's people that are willing to buy it because it's a WE...). The HK3P is a new brand and people will be taking a risk (except for those uninformed or the ones that surprisingly had good WE pistols) if they buy it as a HK3P gun.

I'm not entirely sure whether there's anything different about the Glocks either other than the trades. I'm not gonna get the WE Glock myself since I've got the HK3P (why bother when I need to change out the frame and slide to get correct-ish trades? :P) so I can't make a direct comparison but the HK3P mag I have and the WE spare mags I have for the glock is the same, bar the markings on the mag base...I'm pretty sure the WE/HK3P glocks are the same...hell, even the internals of the SG Timberwolf :P

I'm not getting a p226 from Hk3P or WE though, so count me out in making any sort of reviews (funding are allocated to my AEGs at the moment).

Who here said 'yay' about the WE p226 anyway? :rolleyes:

No one here what i can recall, but on the national forum some. :)

People who have never tested it or owned are hard to believe when they say it "sucks" whilst lacking statistics or proof.

I don't own a model of it and don't know if I ever will, but for both the yay and ney it would be great with info like the owners statements/pictures.

I guess I'm a sucker for numbers and pictures ;)

If a gun has a 50/50 view on performance and reliability don't bother.

A good gun that is worth using will be at least viewed that way by the majority, like i can think of many people that wouldn't touch a WE with a bargepole, but i am hard pressed to find someone that isn't at least positive about Marui / WA / KJ / KWA pistols.

Really, from what i have seen, it will just be a case of quality as they will all use the same type of parts, just maybe the 'HK' company can get them produced better than the WE ones, which has been the usual downfall of WE, poor production parts. As good as it is that maybe WE are trying to improve i would call it too little too late when other companies make better and more reliable clones for almost the same price.

'FireKnife'

People who have never tested it or owned are hard to believe when they say it "sucks" whilst lacking statistics or proof.

Well if your comment is in regards to FireKnife's I'll say he made his point with proof given the picture of the broken WE p226 slide if we are also to assume Atsalakotos wasn't lying.

But whether or not anyone will be willing to type a review up for you I'll still go with FireKnife's idea; If a gun has a 50/50 view on performance and reliability don't bother. There's probably some serious QC problems with their materials for the p226 if the 'nay' reviews are saying 'nay' because of broken parts, or even performance if it's a dimensional issue in QC. Honestly a few 'initial impressions' reviews is hardly worthwhile of considering if durability's what you're looking for. Unless those threads of owners reporting in (like this one) that there are durability issues I'll disregard the initial reviews too (those on whatever site you've seen the reviews on).

Judging by the lack of participation from others in the forums I guess not a lot of people bought the WE p226 though :P

Judging by the lack of participation from others in the forums I guess not a lot of people bought the WE p226 though

In fact surely this is a point in itself? If someone asked on here, 'hey how is the latest TM 1911 / KWA USP / KJ something i am sure you would get a response. However the lack of interest in the WE seems to be something of an indication of its desirability, and the only owner person to post a pic has had the slide break in half, a metal slide mind you, on only 100rds or so. Unless it was running unregulated propane it would have to have had a hell of a bad casting to break in average temperatures.

'FireKnife'

I see what you guys are saying, and the point is taken.

However i'm still waiting on à review of the gun ;)

I'm sorry, because it's not personal, it's just that i want to hear some more statements from the owners.

Guess i'll have to wait some more..

Archived