WE sig226, anyone got one yet?

Jimmypie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with modern designs, it's cheap materials and manufacturing in general that are the issue. That's the first time I've ever seen a metal slide that has failed like that! Hope the BBU and back of the slide didn't fly off and hit you? I've known that to happen to someone before on a plastic slided gun....

Nothing wrong with modern designs, it's cheap materials and manufacturing in general that are the issue.

That's what i mean, some of the designs out there while cheap and good to see more of them, just can't handle Green on the standard slides.

'FireKnife'

P226s can handle green happily with a plastic slide, if someone made your beloved 1911 with a poorly cast low-quality metal slide then I'm sure it'd have just as much chance of snapping like that one.

P226s can handle green happily with a plastic slide, if someone made your beloved 1911 with a poorly cast low-quality metal slide then I'm sure it'd have just as much chance of snapping like that one.

Not modern designs as in the real model, modern designs as i what manufacturers have put out in the last few years, like TM with the 5-7 and now WE with the P226, they just don't seem to be building them as well, maybe to save cost.

'FireKnife'

So here's an interesting thing. H.K. have just come out with a P226. As it's widely believed that H.K. are the manufacturers of all the PX4s and Glock 17s and 18Cs sold under (or distributed by) the WE name, this hardly seems like a coincidence.

Here it is.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p19034/H.K-Steel-Rail-P226-Airsoft-GBB-BK/product_info.html

HK3-GBB-226-WM-5.jpg

The thing is, if the slide is identical to the WE pictured above, it's not going to be the good buy that the H.K. PX4 and Glocks appear to be.

So here's an interesting thing. H.K. have just come out with a P226. As it's widely believed that H.K. are the manufacturers of all the PX4s and Glock 17s and 18Cs sold under (or distributed by) the WE name, this hardly seems like a coincidence.

Here it is.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p19034/H.K-Steel-Rail-P226-Airsoft-GBB-BK/product_info.html

The thing is, if the slide is identical to the WE pictured above, it's not going to be the good buy that the H.K. PX4 and Glocks appear to be.

They're also coming out with the HK3P gen 4 frame with real trades on the Glock. Hm I would've first said it's the same as the WE p226 but since you've pointed out that the mags use a thin base plate it MIGHT be different after all. But I'm certain that whatever factory's producing the new WE pistol's the same as the HK3P one, evident by the HK3P Glock being exactly the same as the WE one (and SG Lonewolf). Given the colour and the materials on the HK3P p226 is similar to the WE p226 it's probably from the same factory as well. If there are design changes I'd suspect that WE p226s have prevailing broken slide issues? Perhaps they did modify it...I don't read the Taiwan or HK forums so I won't know :(

The E2 mags could be interesting. Those are damned-near impossible to get in the UK - although, are WE/HK mags to be avoided?

The HK3P PX4 mags are great (although they seem to have fitting issues; I sometimes find that there's an odd mag that doesn't seem to work in one gun but works in another. Out of the 18 PX4s I've handled and 36 PX4 magazines only 2 of the mags I've found had this issue; though it's not fair to say there's only 2 mags with issues as I didn't try all permutations of mixing the guns and mags.

For the HK3P Glock I'm not sure whether it's the 200% spring and the AS nozzle being slightly off spec but after I added those upgrades the mags seem to cool down quickly. But I also note that the upgraded Glock has problems locking back; I suspect the seal between the mag router and the AS nozzle isn't good....might try to switch my BBU and / or get SD enhanced gas routers to test whether this is true.

So one mag from HK3P is good to go, whereas the other mag isn't really (I can't diagnose it yet :P). There's also the Hk3P Samurai Edge. I don't have that gun but if there's owners here that can chime in that'll be great :)

To be honest i am not suprised.

Couple people not wanting to spend too much with the ability to export your toy gun to another country safe in the knowledge that if it goes wrong they can do nothing about it and you have WE. Cheap and with a distinct lack of aftermarket care means i would never deal with them.

But it does seem the P226 is one to certainly avoid.

'FireKnife'

Thank goodness for this thread as I was going to consider getting one of these to do project on. I guess I'm sticking with the KJW and TM. Too bad as the price looked right. I wonder if the frame has any issues as I have a spare TM P226 slide group and was looking to have a back-up in the collection. My complete TM P226 is many years old (I cant even guess the number of bb's that have gone thru it) and other than a recoil spring guide and spring, is completely stock.

has anyone's TM P226 actually gone permanently wrong? Ever? All I'm hearing is evangelical praise, and it's at the very least improbable that that's the whole story...

I have highlighted the reason as to why they haven't in your post :P

Aside from a very heavy double action trigger that feels like you are going to break the gun and the issue with the two piece magazines splitting at the join and stripping the threads (rare though) i can't think of any more.

'FireKnife'

Archived