I'll be brief: got it today, test-fired it, it works.

med_gallery_19347_1718_107417.jpg

So, where do I start? First, the package is surprisingly small (at least to someone used to full-size guns) - when I picked it up at the post office, I was surprised. The gun itself is incredibly shiny - which means that if you get a CE sticker slapped on the slide and find remains of sticky tape glue on the frame and outer barrel, you'll have to clean it off. So I field-stripped the gun (flip the triggerguard down - I noticed that the front is fitted with a rubber buffer of some sort - then pull the slide back, up and forward), got rid of the gunk, put the gun back together, loaded the magazine with gas and BBs, and...

BRRRRRRRT! Yo now what the *fruitcage*?! Gun went full-auto after pulling the trigger in single-action (not before, if that's any consolation), causing me to field-strip it again, check the mechanisms and put it back together. Another magazine, this time gun goes semi-auto like it should. Scared me good out there, that *bramston pickle*. Apart from that, both double-action and decocking work (although decocking releases some gas from the magazine, a common problem).

So, I decided to put my 10mm-14mm silencer adapter on it, to see how it looks. Aaaand... It doesn't. The threads inside outer barrel are nonfunctional, too small and in my case the inner barrel was also dinged. Wonderful. Of course, it's not a problem since they're too small - I can always put a threader to it and fix it, the barrel should survive that.

That tricky first burst happened to me too. Most ACM GBBs need some breaking in, or so it seems. After that and once I managed to set the hop up it works great. I love the puzzled look and the "you shot me with that? from there?" of enemies :D

Luckily enough a friend gave me a smallish shoulder holster to get the Commander Bond look... (my PPK is black, of course)

So you're saying the HU is good? Hmm. Once it gets warmer, I'll have to give it a spin, starting of course with giving the barrel and HU a good wash.

BTW, I'm amazed with the grease quality on this one. Instead of the usual yellow snot, it looks like they used white lithium.

The real quick and easy fix with these ACM models is to use Maruzen mags. Though most unsporting that the ACM is a total Maruzen rip-off, it does make parts very accessible. Indeed, my ACM is basically half Maruzen now with the magazine, grips, springs, outer/inner barrel, -except for one part (the Guarder enhanced loading nozzle). I had hoped the loading nozzle replacement would stop the double feeds though it didn't really make that much difference in truth (reducing the problem to maybe 1 double feed out every 40 shots). The mags switch was an instant transformation however. That said, I am both surprised and impressed you chaps managed to get the ACM mags working at all (given mine still have status as paper weights).

I took a good look at the mags and it's clear someone really *fruitcage*ed them up. Output valve is stupidly stiff - perhaps due to a combination of too thick o-rings, too stiff springs and bad fitting. I've compared the resistance output valve gives with one from a Bell 1911 mag (I happened to have an empty one at hand), and in 1911, the valve was a lot lighter.

And magazine lips. There's so much wrong with them it's not even funny.