Videos Thread !

Tef

The clip suggests using lethal force in the form of an handgun when you have a guy pointing a knife at you from hmm... 4-5 feet away. If I was a judge, I WOULD consider this excessive use of force, but hey

The premise of the exersise was that the guy was trying to stab you. The actor was obviously giving the shooter time to unholster his weapon. But it's messed up anyways. If someone with a knife int heir hand wants to stab you when you're 5 feet away from you, you'll never get to a pistol in time to save yourself that way.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the one major problem I see with the Sig clip...  The clip suggests using lethal force in the form of an handgun when you have a guy pointing a knife at you from hmm... 4-5 feet away.  If I was a judge, I WOULD consider this excessive use of force, but hey ;)

And you would never be a judge, because you've never read the law.

Nor do you, apparently, have any real world expirience. (Images may disturb some users.)

Is it now pizza with pizza topping?

:mellow:

Anyhue, the person in that photograph was (I believe) a police officer who had been snuck up on by an individual armed with a knife. I believe it's one of those photos where one could probably say, "You look pretty banged up," and the subject of the photos could easily respond, "You should see the other guy." In any case, I'm pretty sure the guy with the knife got capped.

And you would never be a judge, because you've never read the law.

Law here isn't the same as the law in the US ;) As for the real world experience, you are right, I don't have a ccw (almost impossible to have here) nor am I a LEO. But I have enough experience with dumbasses to say that with a 5 feet distance, you have more than enough time to react in that particuliar kind of situation.

I understand the intent behind the clip, but it could have been made a bit more... professionally.

Law here isn't the same as the law in the US ;)  As for the real world experience, you are right, I don't have a ccw (almost impossible to have here) nor am I a LEO.  But I have enough experience with dumbasses to say that with a 5 feet distance, you have more than enough time to react in that particuliar kind of situation. 

I understand the intent behind the clip, but it could have been made a bit more... professionally.

What you don't seem to understand is that you won't have enough time to react to an attacked armed with a deadly weapon if they're within twenty feet. You'll be dead. Shooting anyone armed with a knife within that distance to death is the only option you have. Other than getting stabbed to death.

But if you fancy that, well, that's your choice. If you think it's better for a person to get knifed to death than for that person to shoot the attacker to death, you have no business living in a free nation.

Shooting anyone armed with a knife within that distance to death is the only option you have. Other than getting stabbed to death.

geez, i'm all for self defense and I would even support right to carry if I was in the US, but that's just exagerated... What did ppl do when guns did not exist and someone attacked them with a knife? They all got stabbed to death by their agressors? There are other options then shooting when you are not facing an agressor with a firearm. Hundreds of schools teach those options... ;)

@cold_war_baby How would you compare the quality before YouTube and after? Was it alot better? I bought an ATC2K myself for fun but didn't have the chance to test it yet, too busy with wedding preparation :P

well Nervikaire, i would say that there is prob about 20%-30% loss in res, good amuter entry level cam. But iam want-ing to go for the more expensive toys now (min DV deck, and the choice between lenses/camera)

but i still have to see how it dose on a helmet rather than a bodged job on my gun/reddot

geez, i'm all for self defense and I would even support right to carry if I was in the US, but that's just exagerated...  What did ppl do when guns did not exist and someone attacked them with a knife?  They all got stabbed to death by their agressors?  There are other options then shooting when you are not facing an agressor with a firearm.  Hundreds of schools teach those options...  ;)

OK, since I can't get through to you, perhaps a Buddhist can:

I have trained for a quarter of a century in various martial arts, yet I would trade all of that training for the appropriate firearm if my family were threatened. This is because the ability to accurately and effectively use a firearm is a force multiplier that far exceeds any amount of training in the martial arts. It is the means by which my 115-pound wife can stop the violence of a 250-pound criminal who is bent on committing mayhem.

The man quoted is a Buddhist, pacifist, a fifth level black belt in Bujinkan Ninpo Taijutsu, and he has a Ph.D in Human and Organizational Systems. Link.

As Captain Malcolm Reynolds so succinctly put it, "If somebody tries to kill you, you try and kill them right back." If you have a gun, use the gun. Your average joe is not a martial artist. The only black belt they own is made of leather and is around the waist of their trousers as they go to work. They don't stand a chance against an attacker armed with a knife. Simple as.

BASHOCAM! Videos:

(Click to view)

Firstly the DA's take on Longmoor:

Next, the Electrowerkz Charity Event 2007 Trailer:

Next, the Electrowerkz Charity Event Game 1:

More to come!

There's an Airsoft Skirmish this Saturday, the 19th hosted by Roundhouse Productions out at Fort Ord.  Check it out at www.cqbchallnge.com

I filmed the game that was yesterday, the 9th, the rough assembly edit is done. Clocks in at 2:25 right, that's minutes not hours, by the way.

Anyways I gotta talk to the guys at CQB Challenge to have them host the video. The rough cut is 1.5gb in native DVCPRO HD format, if I release it as HD I'll have to do WMV or H.264.

Archived