Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Scuffer - first of all, great vid mate, truly brilliant - the quality of the videos in this thread just keeps on getting better.

However, one slight niggle that I'm noticing is the use of a pistol in some of the scenes in the video. It doesn't feel right to see the entire squad with M4s whilst a single member is using a pistol. Besides which, it just looks plain odd since the squad appears to be patrolling through some woodland at the time. The oddity being that a pistol is not an offensive/woodland/open combat weapon. Of course, if the squad had just been ambushed in some way at this point in the video it might make sense but the team does not appear to be in any particullar distress.

Oh, and btw, don't take my comments as a dig. Simply an editing suggestion :)

Cheers mate,

just to be clear I was only taking part I had nothing to do with the filming or editing, that's all down to Reynolds Film.

Your points are valid, but this is just a trailer for the main video which is currently being put together so there is only a very short time to 'show off' and capture a sense of everything going on. The main video will no doubt be chronolgically ordered and tell the story/mission far better than a clip could.

Tier 1 - Operation Blackheart Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf563y4kki0

Fresh off the render machine comes the first release from airsoftfilm.com

This is a short promo that shows some action from the Blackheart Tier 1 game a few weeks ago. We finally got it approved by the MOD!

Regards,

Basho

Here is a full site clearing of the UCAP virus on the second from last game date there. Really love that site and gonna miss it :(. Took us about 20 mins to clear the whole site which was quite quick, my team and some other friends went down and made up about 2 thirds of our side for the day. Am still playing with the editing format so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYG1K6hqR4

Looks like you were getting shot more because people were blocking you/your shots when trying to break out into that corridor. I really like the cam in cam stuff when you've got two players moving through similar areas.

Alsoooo...UCAP allow full auto indoors?

Yeah was a little hard to encourage everyone to move out but got them moving in the end I don't mind take a few respawns when I have unlimited :).

Yeah they are fine with full auto aslong as everyone is sensible with reasonable bursts and not just spraying, have been before where it got a little hectic and they switched everyone to single after lunch.

...such an awesome site. Such terrible games. Nice video though. People really need to PUSH don't they?

Add in the opfor having all the regulars and them throwing in about 6 BFG's (my team had none) and keep wiping out my entire team and that was my first and last experience of VIRUS.

Am still playing with the editing format so any feedback would be appreciated.

The footage looks good, but 20 mins for an airsoft video. :o My attention span isn't that long and nor is most of the internet's

The camera in camera stuff looked good, and there seemed to plenty of you in the action. But be brutal with the cutting. For one, do we need to see the walks back to respawn! There seems to be plenty of good stuff for it not to be needed

Our team run 5 Contours/ Go Pro's and we'd be lucky to get 5 mins of what we consider good footage between us from a day's skirmish. And we're definitely not the ones at the back of the stack.

...such an awesome site. Such terrible games. Nice video though. People really need to PUSH don't they?

Add in the opfor having all the regulars and them throwing in about 6 BFG's (my team had none) and keep wiping out my entire team and that was my first and last experience of VIRUS.

Every skirmish site I've been to is the same, and CQB bottle necks just highlight it further, most people don't like to go first and take the hit. But once a few go, others will follow (and then get in your way).

Our team run grenades, why wouldn't you..

Thanks for the feedback :-) yeah was thinking it was a bit long before but wanted to experiment with a full game.

I might try a shorter format with the rest of the days footage tomorrow.

Been going through this thread and looking at everyone's awesome videos for tips will keep it up :-)

The footage looks good, but 20 mins for an airsoft video. :o My attention span isn't that long and nor is most of the internet's

The camera in camera stuff looked good, and there seemed to plenty of you in the action. But be brutal with the cutting. For one, do we need to see the walks back to respawn! There seems to be plenty of good stuff for it not to be needed

Our team run 5 Contours/ Go Pro's and we'd be lucky to get 5 mins of what we consider good footage between us from a day's skirmish. And we're definitely not the ones at the back of the stack.

This is very true - generally unless something interesting is happening you don't really want to hold the same shot for any longer than 5-10 seconds (something I call the 'blink rule'). That said, there wasn't anything massively 'wrong' with the way your video has been cut together - the only thing I would suggest and this is more based on other vids I've seen is cut down any time where your camera can't see what's going on (so walking up dark stairwells etc, anything where camera basically gives you pitch black or murky footage) and you can always cut down any bits where you aren't in the action - though sometimes having the odd bit of running around to and from objectives helps convey a bit of urgency or that the pace of the particular game is a bit faster.

Every skirmish site I've been to is the same, and CQB bottle necks just highlight it further, most people don't like to go first and take the hit. But once a few go, others will follow (and then get in your way).

Our team run grenades, why wouldn't you..

We do now I bought one off you! :)

But mainly because we are a 95+% woodland team. We just went along for a change and had a terrible day getting owned by regulars. Apparently the usual head marshal was not there which was why it was a bit poorly run though. Oh and now I come to think of it they also don't normally allow full auto on stairwells but there you go.

I did actually do a tiny bit of CQB yesterday and definitely found you need to move fast and aggressive - but CQB definitely favours the team who knows what they are doing. Woodland you can just hide and pick people off. CQB needs people to cover the right places and do the right thing FAST. Would like to get better at that, but need to convince the guys to practice. We are pretty casual though... :)

----

Anyway's back on topic - I actually prefer the real time "like I was there" videos, even if they have a few minutes of nothing happening. You get a better feel for the game. I did stop watching at about 16 mins though so there probably is some room to cut. :)

For a change I used an AEG to get revenge on thos pesky full auto types:

I can't work out for the life of me why it starts half way through... please watch from the beginning. Enjoy :D

Just editing footage of last skirmish out with the VSR.

Enjoy ;)

Considering I spent the next 30 seconds telling the first guy that I had indeed hit him I would say yes. :/

I find that when I double tap people, especially in the back, they turn and shoot me as they don't feel in because of their rigs.

I also thought I saw the first guy turning so I thought I had no time.

Considering I spent the next 30 seconds telling the first guy that I had indeed hit him I would say yes. :/

I find that when I double tap people, especially in the back, they turn and shoot me as they don't feel in because of their rigs.

I also thought I saw the first guy turning so I thought I had no time.

Then you should consider finding better sites with higher standards to play at.

Archived