Videos Thread !

Tef

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GoPro seems to be what everyone is saying, well if I split the costs with my squad it mightn't be so bad -- is there are particular mount to use? I've got a MICH helmet with NVG mount at the front - can it be repurposed to carry the GoPro or is the best bet to try and mount it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance guys.

Toying with the idea of getting a VIO POV HD, in order to get more plausible FPV and to have more on-field control of the footage, but I think I'm going to ease up on spending for a bit; dropped a wee bit too much on cameras, equipment and software this year.

To keep on topic, I swore I was going to take this down and remix it with new gameplay. However, since that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon, here is a really basic video from one of our games as filmed by a kid in bermuda shorts. This is basically the opposite of the video I posted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0g8zjkj820

Something a bit different... not technically airsoft, but a film I directed recently and have now publicly released it in honor of Veterans' Day here in the US. It's a single-take Steadicam adaptation of Wilfred Owen's famous WWI poem, "Dulce Et Decorum Est." If you have a few minutes, watch it and let me know what you think!

https://vimeo.com/48487851

(I haven't figured out how to get Vimeo embeds to work properly here, sorry.)

In 1917, while recovering from shell shock in a Scottish war hospital, Wilfred Owen wrote "Dulce Et Decorum Est," considered by many to be the preeminent poem of World War I. Owen was later returned to the front, only to be shot and killed on November 4, 1918 – one week before the end of the war.

Today, 95 years later, tens of thousands of US and NATO troops serve out a 10th year of combat in Afghanistan, and continue to struggle and die against a resilient and determined enemy. Doug Spice's single-take short film, also entitled "Dulce Et Decorum Est," adapts Owen's classic poem to the circumstances of the modern day, and a situation of grief and torment all too many soldiers, families, and friends are once again familiar with.

Archived