Videos Thread !

Tef

hey ^bucko^ that looks like a sweet site, but what's with the guy running around with the chainsaw? bit hardcore for a knife kill :D

Haha I actually was supposed to be running the saw in that game, but I got hit right before we breached, and then I climbed up the back of that building to provide cover fire from the second story. The saw is a Naval Special Warfare breacher saw, used for rapid breaching into sealed rooms and such. It was AWESOME!!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those with music in the back ground of your video, how do you upload it to youtube without Youtube muting the whole video?

Thanks in advance!

I buy licenses for the tracks I use these days. I think I'm going to start licensing more high-end tracks next season, like Position Music and such. But even the cheaper sources have a lot of worthwhile tracks, certainly nothing like the old days when royalty-free meant glorified elevator tunes.

If you're going to use common songs, you'll always run the risk of getting into licensing issues. Then there are some that will be unavailable in certain regions.

I use a PC, I can't answer your first question.

For the music, it depends. First, avoid tracks with classic copyright, there are always too many ways to understand them.

Look for music under Creative Commons. There are 6 types of Licences : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/?lang=en

If you wish to add a track to your video, you can use any of type of licences (but don't forget to mention the author).

Warning: if you want to monetize your video (youtube partner), you can NOT use NC (Non Commercial) tracks, unless you have a written aggreement from the author.

Hope it was usefull, don't forget to subscribe ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalBlackCats

"I don't take safety kills bro"

Well, part of me says that's some grade A McDouchery on a par with "Oh..I've got real sapi plates in my rig, so you're pistol wouldn't actually kill me"...however, if your site rules/game brief specifically state that it isn't mandatory to take a safety kill but at the risk of getting lit up then it's technically within the rules.

But...if someone asks you to take a hit, you walk off, then shoot them after giving the impression you've accepted you've been caught with your pants down, then it's the mark of a poor player attitude - for the sake of being in game for an astounding 5 seconds more all you've done is just make someone think you're a cheat.

Airsoft at ITS in San Diego, CA. This qualifies as a Tactical Training Environment, and is not representative of our "average" day. That said, enjoy the video!

I'm the guy on Green wielding the saw for most of the video. I didn't breach the door with it since I was hit the moment I grabbed it.

A. Safety kills were not required to be taken, it was clearly stated at the brifeing. They also explain that if a player doesn't take it, shoot them. I always offer them to other players as a courtesy, however I rarely accept them. I'd rather take a BB from point blank and have him give away his position.

B. I did not indicate I was out, quite the opposite. I was emptying my double feed, felt a barrel in my back and heard a deeper voice than his size would indicate and my *suitcasey* 2nd gen contour HD's audio did not pick up, and turned around and shot. There were serious players on the field aside from younger players. If I had known he was younger at the time I wouldn't have shot, but I found out when I turned around and kept on going. What am I going to do, stop and say sorry? He had a few seconds to shoot me after I gave no indication of giving up.

C. It was 38 degrees out with .25s in a stock we tech pistol shooting into his plate carrier. He'll be alright.

As far as I'm concerned if they don't instantly take it I'm going to put one in you. I expect the same. Its New England USA, people play with a MilSim mindset. Do I regret it? Yes, if I had known I wouldn't have turned and done that. Regardless, kid's gotta learn sometime, I'll bet he'll be brutal on the field next time he rolls out.

A. Safety kills were not required to be taken, it was clearly stated at the brifeing. They also explain that if a player doesn't take it, shoot them. I always offer them to other players as a courtesy, however I rarely accept them. I'd rather take a BB from point blank and have him give away his position.

Then no offence but I am glad you don't play at my local site. If someone gets the drop on me and is within say 3m or less then I will take it no questions asked, not return fire. The same goes for me when I get close, I tap them on the shoulder and aim for a covered area, if they don't take it they get a less painful shot to put home the point.

While it sounds like both sides of that story had issues, the other player offered you a nice clean way out and you responded in a bad way, it is really as simple as that. As for the double feed well that is called tough luck and a sign that your pistol needs work or you need a better one. A gun jam is a valid reason for you to take a hit and then go off and sort it if your opponent is that close, not to hear him say something, you hesitate for a second then turn and fire.

I have seen much worse in my time but it doesn't help that it is in a video for all to see and some of the stupider people may see that and call that acceptable seeing as it is on YouTube and we all know what some YouTube users and commentators can be like.

'FireKnife'

You got outplayed fair and square. Winning on a rule technicality isn't "milsim mindset", it's paintball attitude. It destroys airsoft.

Honestly even paintballers over here don't do that. You get offered a chance out is the same as being told to take your hit. If the other person is that close you take it without question to be a true sportsman.

If however you turn round to find it is someone on your team being a pillock and starts laughing then of course what happens then is up to you, but if it is a serious opponent take it and be done with it.

Also what you call a 'Milsim mindset' in this case would be called 'elitism' or 'being a geardo' over here.

Anyway back to the videos, can't wait for the ones that will be up next week after the Arnies away day.

'FireKnife'

Wow, if you guys can't handle me then stay away from games In New England, I'm a pretty tame player in this area. The easily butt hurt be warned, put one into me if I don't immediately put my hands up for a safety kill and you don't want to get ruined on camera. It's the Wild West out there, play as such.

As for the pistol jam- only one ive ever had, On the last few shots of a single stack 1911 mag on a sub 40 degree day...it definitely gotta be the *suitcasey* we tech and needs work, right?

Wow, if you guys can't handle me then stay away from games In New England, I'm a pretty tame player in this area. The easily butt hurt be warned, put one into me if I don't immediately put my hands up for a safety kill and you don't want to get ruined on camera. It's the Wild West out there, play as such.

As for the pistol jam- only one ive ever had, On the last few shots of a single stack 1911 mag on a sub 40 degree day...it definitely gotta be the *suitcasey* we tech and needs work, right?

First paragraph:

Seriously, it is a game, where we play to have a laugh, for a bit of fun and we all go away knowing we had a good day, it isn't about shooting people up close because they got the drop on you and were in fact probably being considerate. Secondly you have basically just said that in comparison to you all New England players are worse, I am sure all the other players in your area would have something to say about how you just branded them.

Second paragraph:

Quite possibly, or you didn't put enough gas in, but that is irrelevant, your gun jammed, someone walked up behind you and offered you a nice, considerate way out. You finished your manouver and then shot them, that is the issue. In the real world (which your first paragraph clearly shows you think it is) you would be shot as you turned to clear your gun. Again as my point above points out you are really missing the point of a fun hobby, to have fun and not infringe on the fun others are having by having an attitude.

But alas my points have been made, want to discuss it further, click on my name and send me a PM.

'FireKnife'

Archived